Adam the first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Your sir, need to find out how babies are made. Fast.

Then never have children.
    Right...because what you eat has no effect on an embreo in the womb? No one has ever passed on diabetes or food poisoning to an embreo in the womb?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotsauce00 View Post
      Right...because what you eat has no effect on an embreo in the womb? No one has ever passed on diabetes or food poisoning to an embreo in the womb?
      I'm going to have to go with Prophet on this. Unless absorbing DNA is someone's unique and special ability that's just silly. If DNA could be absorbed after being thoroughly wrecked in the acidity of the stomach, we'd probably bear a disturbing similarity to cows and chickens by now. DNA isn't absorbed...it mutates from existing DNA.....in living organisms, not pieces of them.

As for your example, diabetes doesn't come from without, the genes for it are passed directly from parent to child. And food poisoning really has nothing to do with babies. nothing at all.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

No one has ever been conceived from the mother consuming flesh, no.

And even if there was an embryo already; the blood isn't contagious in anyway, otherwise Nathan would have gained Adam's regeneration ability.

Comment

No one has ever been conceived from the mother consuming flesh, no.

And even if there was an embryo already; the blood isn't contagious in anyway, otherwise Nathan would have gained Adam's regeneration ability.
          And the beggining of season three would never had been so dramatic. And HRG would have Claire's ability. I'm with The Prophet on this one.
          http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

what i don't get is why claire's blood doesn't give people powers, but a distillation of maya's blood does
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              what i don't get is why claire's blood doesn't give people powers, but a distillation of maya's blood does
              I don't think Maya's blood truly gives people powers indefinitely. Claire's Blood heals people due to whatever substance is in the blood (obviously it's not in the Adrenaline, why would your body heal you when it fears being attacked or the need to flee?).

The distillation of Maya's blood on the other hand, contains whatever substance that affects the body to give it powers, with-in the Adrenaline, allowing the body to re-act to the substance in whatever way a Heroes body would re-act to it. However, I don't think the substance is continually reproduced inside the newly-powered person, instead it just has a long half-life, unlike a Hero's body which continually produces this substance.

Over-time, once the substance has been removed from the body, the person would eventually loose their powers, or have to inject themselves with another shot.

If that makes sense.

Comment

I don't think Maya's blood truly gives people powers indefinitely. Claire's Blood heals people due to whatever substance is in the blood (obviously it's not in the Adrenaline, why would your body heal you when it fears being attacked or the need to flee?).

The distillation of Maya's blood on the other hand, contains whatever substance that affects the body to give it powers, with-in the Adrenaline, allowing the body to re-act to the substance in whatever way a Heroes body would re-act to it. However, I don't think the substance is continually reproduced inside the newly-powered person, instead it just has a long half-life, unlike a Hero's body which continually produces this substance.

Over-time, once the substance has been removed from the body, the person would eventually loose their powers, or have to inject themselves with another shot.

If that makes sense.
                yeah that does make sense, but it seems odd that suresh didn't mention it
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

yeah that does make sense, but it seems odd that suresh didn't mention it
                  He probably was too ecstatic with the mere though of even temporarily being given powers, but yeah, a little bit weird on his part...

Comment

He probably was too ecstatic with the mere though of even temporarily being given powers, but yeah, a little bit weird on his part...
                    at least in the 4400 they explained that you had to keep taking promicin until your body learned to produce it itself, maybe it only takes one injection for the body to learn
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    Quotes!
                    sigpic

Comment

at least in the 4400 they explained that you had to keep taking promicin until your body learned to produce it itself, maybe it only takes one injection for the body to learn
                      Perhaps the substance actually contains some of Maya's cells, which replace ordinary cells and begin to replicate with-in the body. Not sure how that would happen, but

Or the chemical alters the current cells to produce the Hero chemical, yeah.

Comment

Adam is, I believe, THE Adam and older than 400 years. He could've been "killed" like claire and then suddenly woke up in Germany in the 17th century.
                        I don't think so.... When he was shot in Japan he was very surprised he wasn't dead. He had just found out about his ability. If he was that old, or even older than the average person, he would know it.
                        Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myn MacGeek, Third Sentinel View Post
                          I don't think so.... When he was shot in Japan he was very surprised he wasn't dead. He had just found out about his ability. If he was that old, or even older than the average person, he would know it.
                          I totally agree. Adam would have known that. He was visibly surprised about still being alive after he was shot.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

adam may be one of the 'naturally born' first, but i don't think all the heros are descended from him. the timeline and spread and ethnicities of the heros kinda procludes that.

what we may have are two groups...the natural born, that are genetic descendants of adam's (who maybe went out with a mission to breed and spread his genes far and wide) and then the 'made' ones....where someone wanted to have their own heros and made them. this is supported by the doctor's comment to 'nikki....barbara...whatever her name is now' in the last episode

Spoiler:
                            iirc, he said 'i made you', implying that her birth was no accident and was something deliberately done, which kinda impies genetic manipulations
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              adam may be one of the 'naturally born' first, but i don't think all the heros are descended from him. the timeline and spread and ethnicities of the heros kinda procludes that.

what we may have are two groups...the natural born, that are genetic descendants of adam's (who maybe went out with a mission to breed and spread his genes far and wide) and then the 'made' ones....where someone wanted to have their own heros and made them. this is supported by the doctor's comment to 'nikki....barbara...whatever her name is now' in the last episode

Spoiler:
                              iirc, he said 'i made you', implying that her birth was no accident and was something deliberately done, which kinda impies genetic manipulations
                              Probably, but like you said, not all the natural born will be descendants of Adam, a few will be, but there are probably another common ancester, further back, that was the origin of the Heroes mutation.

And the "made" ones are probably a pretty recent creation, the Company was founded in 1977? So only two or three generations will probably be effected by it. That is if Dr. Zimmerman is/was working for the company, and not a seperate, or individual company/ agenda that was founded before the Company, but not likely.

Comment

Probably, but like you said, not all the natural born will be descendants of Adam, a few will be, but there are probably another common ancester, further back, that was the origin of the Heroes mutation.

And the "made" ones are probably a pretty recent creation, the Company was founded in 1977? So only two or three generations will probably be effected by it. That is if Dr. Zimmerman is/was working for the company, and not a seperate, or individual company/ agenda that was founded before the Company, but not likely.
                                zimmerman would have been making the created ones (niki etc) very early in the company's history, but surely the research would have taken years, right? i suspect he was working on his own and pehrpas recruited by the company
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                Quotes!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X