Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hooded Man (spoilers & speculation for S2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantom Limb View Post
    yep, he gets my vote too, although it seems like they set it up to look like it was Nathan Petrelli, what with him bumping into Ando in the plaza and then being at his mums appartment when she found the picture perhaps he works for kensei or maybe its just a big red herring.

or he is evil Nathan from the mirror universe, the bigger the beard the more evil your alternate self is, so watch out!! and he trapped the real scarred Nathan in a mirror to taunt him for all time.......ive just figured it all out its so obvious!
    It could be an evil Nathan but then how would he know the inner circle. It would be rather annoying for them to make Nathan into this villian if there is no known way of him knowing who was all involved. The same goes for Peter or any known character in the series so far. If they just say o, between the start of the seasons Peter and Nathan learned about the inner circle then I'll use my remote to change the channel then just download them when the season is over.

So I still say Kensei. He is most likely immortal and well he is probably in a direct line with the Petrilli's and maybe even Hiro. It would be hilarious if he wants to 'date' his great great great great great Grand Mother.

Comment

My theory on Kenzei is that he marrys the swordsmiths daughter and through generation after generation Kenzei's great, great, great, great grandchild is born. His parents name this child Hiro.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
        My theory on Kenzei is that he marrys the swordsmiths daughter and through generation after generation Kenzei's great, great, great, great grandchild is born. His parents name this child Hiro.
        You are forgetting the Petrilli family. His great great great geat great grand daughter is most likely Claire. AT least that is my speculation. I am also alright with Hiro in the mix. The whole falling in love with his Great Great Great grandmother is kinda hilarious.

Comment

If a woman with a superstrength split personality and a man who can phase through solid objects can produce a kid who's good with machines, I dunno if you can necessarily connect Kensei to Claire based on Talent alone.

Heck, put like that Hana should be connected to Micah because they both understand machines.

It's possible, of course, but personally I'd be a bit disappointed. Especially since, if Kensei figures out the connection and assuming he does go darkside, it'd likely mean that we'd have another Save the Cheerleader theme going on and we've already been there, done that, AND got the t-shirt.

Or hey, maybe Kensei is Patient Zero, the one to whom ALL Heroes can trace their origin.

Comment

It's not West. I know the character archtype. he's a lsot and alone kid who found something that makes him different. my guess, before he found his powers he was the nerdy outcast kid. But when he got his power he found something that put him above the others so he jsut doesn't let them touch him anymore. He doesn't care because he has something they don't.

He's deffinently not evil, and I don't really think its him thats standing with Claire in the painting. I think it's Sylar actually but tahts a whole other theory spin.

Kensei has to be the hooded man. Or someone we havn't met yet. It could be Kane, but it's entierly possible that Kane and Kensei are one in the same.

Comment

Interestingly if you look at Kane .. or Cain from the bible... (note the bold bit)

"The elder son of Adam and Eve, Cain was a farmer and his brother Abel a shepherd. When they brought their offerings to the Lord, Abel's offering was accepted but Cain's was not. In anger Cain killed his brother. God asked Cain where Abel was, but Cain denied knowing Abel's whereabouts, saying "Am I my brother's keeper?" God replied that Abel's blood cried out from the ground against Cain, and God condemned Cain's deed. Yet God allowed him to live, placing a special mark on his head so that no one would kill him as he wandered the earth."

Source

Now I know the bible version is that the mark meant he was "protected" by God or whatever, but look at the world of Heroes, especially this character, and how the marks and symbolism have meaning.

Comment

According to Hiro the Symbol means godsend yeah?

The eyes Molly see's have the Symbol betwen them, so yeah I think thats a pretty deffinative answer right there. The killer, the man worse then sylar. They're Kane the immortal.

Comment

well if it it is west in that painting, then It would be a good bet, that Sylar grabs hold of another ability or regains the ability to shapeshift, just like when he killed the woman in season 2, the fat bird with a nasty case of bed sores lol!!

If it is Sylar, then he could mimic the persona of west, and then fool Claire into killing her dad, or turning her, hell!!! if he gains the ability of time travel in a later episode or in season 3 that we don't known of, it could mean that he has come back in the guise of west, and is playing her from day one, meaning, there are two Sylar's in season 2, the one we see trying to regain powers, and perhaps the one, who can come back and figures the key to it all is claire, rather than facing everybody in the square to make sure PEter explodes, where ultimately, he would or could be killed too, end of!!

Hmmm, when you incorporate Time Travel into any series, it does beg the question, if at one point any bad guy or gal, can gain the powers of a person with the ability to bend space and time, or even Hiro maybe!? then at one point, for their devious requirements, could use that to come back to a present episode, or season and we as a the fns or audience, would be unaware since he may have the shape shifting abilities.

We all saw 5 Years Later, and look what he became there!!!!

Duh Duh Duuuh!!!!! AHHH!!! LOL
                  sigpic
                  In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Ando?! My, my, my, you do tend towards the comical, don't you, Nathan?

I don't for a minute believe that it was Ando and I refuse to even consider the possibility unless I need a good laugh.

I know! Maybe it's Mr Muggles! Perhaps he has developed some untold power of body morphing and now he's sniffing out all the First Guard and doing away with them. Everyone would recognize him up close because he keeps his adorable doggy face and they all know him as the King of Best of Breed.

Ando. Pfft! I laugh mockingly in your direction, sirrah.
                    I was gonna suggest Muggles

sokay where do I start....

I have three words for ya...

Copy Kingdom Manager....

need I say more?

SYLAR/MUGGLES FOREVER!!! OMG BRILL IDEA.... so....

In teh future.... Sylar steals Hiro's powers.... sokay...and erm... he and Muggles mutant dog human children go back in time to cause havoc...because.. they are children of evil.... that would explain the hood... don't want people going Kagome on the ears (if you don't get the Kagome joke..my heart cries)

Comment

I'm guessing that its someone we don't know yet. Maybe the "Peter" of the previous generation. One thing is clear though. That person has to be able to fly or heal (or both), so my guess is another empath.

Comment

Fly, heal, or teleport away. But if it's a power we haven't seen yet, there are more possibilities. Maybe he morphed into a bird and flew away. Or changed density so he was rubberized and bounced away. Created a force shield around himself to absorb the impact. Cast a projection/duplicate of himself to do the killing while he was safely ensconced elsewhere. It depends on what the commercials mean when they say "The killer is one of them." Is it one of them as in someone we've met, or one of them as in having a special ability?

Guess we'll have to wait and find out.

Comment

i agree with the kensei argument. ive been thinking its kensei myself. build wise, it looked about right imo. but if not... that cain theory looked pretty interesting. so i might go with that if it doesnt turn out to be kensei.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Jumper View Post
                            I was gonna suggest Muggles
                            As was I.

At any rate, whatever it is can't be as disturbing as Lauter's perpetually open mouthed look.
                            sigpic
                            "Dammit! Who opened the radioactive
                            container?!" --Creatures from the Abyss

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar 2.0 View Post
                              well if it it is west in that painting, then It would be a good bet, that Sylar grabs hold of another ability or regains the ability to shapeshift, just like when he killed the woman in season 2, the fat bird with a nasty case of bed sores lol!!

If it is Sylar, then he could mimic the persona of west, and then fool Claire into killing her dad, or turning her, hell!!! if he gains the ability of time travel in a later episode or in season 3 that we don't known of, it could mean that he has come back in the guise of west, and is playing her from day one, meaning, there are two Sylar's in season 2, the one we see trying to regain powers, and perhaps the one, who can come back and figures the key to it all is claire, rather than facing everybody in the square to make sure PEter explodes, where ultimately, he would or could be killed too, end of!!

Hmmm, when you incorporate Time Travel into any series, it does beg the question, if at one point any bad guy or gal, can gain the powers of a person with the ability to bend space and time, or even Hiro maybe!? then at one point, for their devious requirements, could use that to come back to a present episode, or season and we as a the fns or audience, would be unaware since he may have the shape shifting abilities.

We all saw 5 Years Later, and look what he became there!!!!

Duh Duh Duuuh!!!!! AHHH!!! LOL
                              Please, for your own safety stop thinking. You might burst a blood vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                                i agree with the kensei argument. ive been thinking its kensei myself. build wise, it looked about right imo. but if not... that cain theory looked pretty interesting. so i might go with that if it doesnt turn out to be kensei.
                                The Cain analogy does still apply to Kensei. The Godsend symbol is Kensei's symbol and it is likely that Kensei is an immortal.

Comment

Working...
                                X