Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty good season opener. Glad to see Mohinder and HRG turning the tables a little bit. Glad to see Parkman kick a little a** (even if it was just a training scenario).

I thought Nathan was going to punch his mom... instead he threw her out... well that's cool too, I guess. And the first thing I noticed when we saw Peter was that he was wearing the Haitian's necklace.

Now I'm just waiting for Sylar to come back... probably my favourite character on the show.

Comment

Excellent episode! I wish we had more Peter too, but good ending!

I loved who Tazeko Kensi turned out to be- David Anders is excellent. I think this storyline is going to be a great deal of fun. But noooo to Mr. Nakamura! Definitely curious as to who that was who killled him. The Mohinder story, my first thought was, Mohinder please don't be duped, again. Very glad to see that wasn't the case this time. I love Matt, Mohinder, and HRG working together.

I don't mind Nathan's beard, and I loved it when he kicked his mother out. Yay! And really like Claire's story, though I'm still missing Zach as well.

All in all very impressive, hope it keeps up.

And the Haitian's necklace.....that's interesting.

Comment

Noah Bennett was great in this episode (but why do people insist on calling him HRG?).
        I was quite pleased to see that Hiro didn't lose his powers again after being sent back in time.
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Not a bad start to the new season.

A few comments:

- Claire's new beau. Yawn. I'm so sick of the smug superior high school outsider character who keeps cropping up in these shows. Did ANYONE go to school with one of these guys? And if you did, what stopped you from ripping out his eyeballs and stuffing them down his throat?

- Nathan's condition. So I'm going to assume that the outside world thinks Congressman Nathan Petrelli is dead; otherwise why would he be in hiding? And did anyone else notice when he caught a fleeting glimpse of himself in the barroom mirror? I suspect he's been in the presence of some Candace-like person who can mask physical deformities (maybe THAT's his mother's power?). Which would explain why he's a bitter drunk now.

- I really, really hope this season's arch-villian kills Mister Muggles. Does that make me a bad person?

I'm pretty sure we're going to have a flashback episode halfway through the season, that will tell us what happened in those four months. I kinda wish we didn't, actually. Seems a bit contrived.
          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
          What have these years left to me?
          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            Before they showed Peter at the end I was wondering if he was some version of Peter maybe changed by the explosion.
            I wondered that myself. I scrutinized him very closely in that night-time close-up, which was when I first noticed a vague resemblance. Glad they aren't going that way, though, because Peter's her uncle and even if neither knew who the other was, it'd still be squicky. I do wonder if he's someone though. Could just be my paranoia again. I know one of my other theories was that Nathan had another kid. But that'd be too easy. And old.

Originally posted by Exiled Master View Post
            Noah Bennett was great in this episode (but why do people insist on calling him HRG?).
            Because after a season of calling him HRG the moniker is stuck? Sometimes nicknames are cooler than the real thing, anyway.

I was quite pleased to see that Hiro didn't lose his powers again after being sent back in time.
            I should hope he'd still have his powers. How else would he ever get back? Clicking his heels together?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
              I wondered that myself. I scrutinized him very closely in that night-time close-up, which was when I first noticed a vague resemblance. Glad they aren't going that way, though, because Peter's her uncle and even if neither knew who the other was, it'd still be squicky. I do wonder if he's someone though. Could just be my paranoia again. I know one of my other theories was that Nathan had another kid. But that'd be too easy. And old.

Because after a season of calling him HRG the moniker is stuck? Sometimes nicknames are cooler than the real thing, anyway.

I should hope he'd still have his powers. How else would he ever get back? Clicking his heels together?
              I was just pleased that Hiro isn't going to have to go through more episodes without the confidence to use his power. But he should have shown Kensei that he wasn't fooling around much earlier.
              Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
              The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
              I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
              A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
              That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
              Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
              Caboose: They could be worse?
              Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                I'm getting the feeling that Claire's new boyfriend isn't a "hero". First of all, he's flying, a power that we know belongs to a hero already, and second.. he's stalking Claire, possibly after seeing her rapid-heal. There's just something about him that screams evil.
                I have a new theory about him. What if he's the one who killed Mr Nakamura? The person in the hooded sweatshirt was his build, also that person might be able to fly because when Ando looked over the wall, the guy was gone, plus he could be a spy working for the company and keeping an eye on Claire for them. Like everyone's saying, there's something not quite right about him. It's kind of a far-fetched theory, but not completely unbelievable.
                sigpic

Comment

Remember reading spoilors that said West had already been tagged by The Company.

Comment

Originally posted by Vash View Post
                    Remember reading spoilors that said West had already been tagged by The Company.
                    A good number of the specials that get tagged, end up working for the company. IE: Eden, Candace, Isaac, etc
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                      I have a new theory about him. What if he's the one who killed Mr Nakamura? The person in the hooded sweatshirt was his build, also that person might be able to fly because when Ando looked over the wall, the guy was gone, plus he could be a spy working for the company and keeping an eye on Claire for them. Like everyone's saying, there's something not quite right about him. It's kind of a far-fetched theory, but not completely unbelievable.
                      ... so is it still a possibility? West was forced by the company to kill Kaito?

Also, we don't know what the Company did in the last 4 months. It's likely that the company captured and tagged Nathan... and.... after studying Sylar, they roughly know how to take genetic abilities from one hero.. and possibly grafted it upon another?

A friend of mine suggested that West may have the ability of Astral Projection, which would also make sense... that he's not really "there", but has the ability to travel to where the Heroes are, kinda like Molly Walker, except instead of just "seeing where they are", he can astrally go there. That's a power I could dig.

But if that's his power, could that indicate that he's mister "worse-than-the-bogeyman"?

EDIT: Maya's ability isn't Banshee screech. It's the ability to host a deadly virus as a carrier, but spread it at will..... I thought the novel talked about that specifically.
                      Last edited by IcyNeko; 26 September 2007, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Please continue post-episode discussion in the new official thread in the Heroes Season Two Episodes folder! Sorry for the delay.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=47263
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                        X