No announcement yet.

Season of the Hexenbiest (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember Monroe when he calls Nick and tells him to come by because he needs to speak to him? he's holding a huge hammer and using it on his head wondering if he uses such a huge hammer to repair his clocks

I think he would prefer to hit himself very hard with it instead of telling Nick that he just saw Juliette kissing another guy
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Well, maybe he really had a headache after he'd seen before:

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

lol nice pic
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
          Is anyone familiar with the opening quote of this episode?

“Oh! There is a terrible witch in that house who spewed her poison over me and scratched me with her long fingernails.”

it is not at all familiar to me and I cannot place it with any tale I know
          It is from the tale "The Town Musicians of Bremen".

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            It is from the tale "The Town Musicians of Bremen".
            Hello Shep, nice to see you around here

thank you for the feedback; I think I need to go and read that tale again because I cannot remember a part with a witch
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

After watching the episode tonight again, I have to say I am beginning to really dislike Juliette. I know she is under a spell but she was really *****y in this episode. It may be very stressful and annoying not to know anything and I would be also annoyed as hell if everybody would try to "protect" me by lying to me. That´s not the problem. Other things. Small things.
              Her talk to Monroe for example. For me, it showed that Juliette has a zero interest in Nick and in what he does. Her reaction to "Nick is a cop" looked like she doesn´t even take him or his job seriously. It is one thing to doubt him as a person because he is a Grimm (which she doesn´t know) but her expression on the fact that being a cop is, indeed, a dangerous job where he can make enemies was just ridiculous. She didn´t consider even for a second that this could be somehow related to his job. Also, I understand that she is tired from his "protection" but yell at him that he used her to get to Adelind, was just mean. He is a cop. He told her a few times that Adelind may be dangerous and also, she knew that the cat belonged to Adelind. And here she is, talking to her as to the best friend. Even if she didn´t care about anything, she left Hank, who I would think Juliette would consider as a closer friend than a stranger Adelind.

I am beginning to think it´s not a lazy writing - but that, in fact, writers make her this way so she can be killed off, make Nick really angry and work with Renard later without Juliette being an issue for them (Monore said that the emotional bond can´t be "cured" after all, so it would be a pending problem in the future) and mainly, to make it less painful for us when a main character gets killed. I could care less at this point.

Sorry, Hyndara, I know you will disagree completely, but she just drove me crazy here.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Yep, I disagree. Not completely but I disagree.

True, that scene at the coffeeshop ... Juliette was *****ie there, no meaning - but she was also right. Nick used her to get Adalind, so she had every right to be pissed in that moment.
                I'm still more about this whole chatter BEFORE. Adalind is asking there just like Juliette would make a statement at the court and Juliette answers friendly and calm. THIS still makes me wonder because, as it was said more than one time before, even before the cat-scratch they weren't close friends. I doubt that Juliette had tried to meet or talk to Adalind again after Adalind "broke up" with Hank.
                About the "ridicolous" look at Monroe's ... well, I think that's a part of the spell. Juliette cannot remember Nick, so she cannot remember how it is to be with a cop - besides the fact that Nick at the beginning of season 1 not looked like a haunted cop or just like a cop who had made enemies. I think he was still too "new" as a detective to have pissed off anyone.
                But back to Juliette: As I've said I don't see it like she's making a little fun out of the "Nick's enemies"-statement. I think she simply didn't get what Monroe means here. It's not the usual way for a policeman to become a target for serious trouble. And so I see her reaction to Monroe's argument.
                And, surely, I hope they won't kill Juliette off. It would be a shame if TPTB would let her go. There's still a huge potential in her character, it only has to be used. I could imagine that Juliette *maybe* would finally decide to leave Portland because of the situation (her obsession to Sean, but there's also her now ex-boyfriend stalking her). Or ... wouldn't that be nice? ... she will finally choose Hank as her new lover . I mean Hank would agree with that, no meaning. He was interested from the very first moment and now there's no Nick around anymore.

BTW, sorry for the late answer. I'm still fighting a migraine which came to me this afternoon/early evening.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I'm not sure how I feel about Juliette. I definetly didn't like her in the last episode and was happy when Nick grabbed the suitcase and moved out. hopefully she will get better this season
                  sigpic

Comment

Sorry, Hyndara, but I don´t think it´s a part of the spell at all.
                    It affected her only in the way that she is attracted to Renard. She should still be the same person as was before the spell, just with no memories of Nick, and she wouldn´t dismiss the assumption that Nick´s job is dangerous. It may have affected her mood, thoughts, but I doubt it would change her personality.
                    But it wasn´t just here, actually. I noticed her attitude before. When he came home after the Nucklavee attacked him, she said "You came home late last night" and Nick said "tough case" (which was pretty funny after killing the Nucklavee) but then she was like "Yeah?" by the tone that suggested she really wasn´t interested and only said it only to be polite. Real partners share their job difficulties, even when he couldn´t probably tell her details (it is a police investigation after all), she could still ask "What happened"? Show some interest.
                    The same happened when he had the bad dream about the missing girl. It was obvious he was edgy but her reaction for his "I am sick and tired of sleeping on this couch" was not exactly great either. She could have offered him to sleep in a bed and she would take a couch for one night...I don´t know...looking back, it looks like she lost interest in Nick even before the spell started really working. I understand that she may not love him anymore but she should have told him that, instead of keeping him in a painful illusion that she will fall for him again.

As for Nick being a new detective (we know he was still in the uniform when he met her) - you can make an enemy by only one case. Or it even wouldn´t have to be his case (it could be Hank´s, we have seen it before). It looked almost like she didn´t even consider it, as if it was something unimportant, ridiculous. I don´t live with a cop but I know it is not the safest job. Even a normal policeman writing a ticket can be injured by a crazy, drunk driver. Her attitude to it just annoyed me. I started to skipping her scenes.
                    Also, she had no right to be mad at Nick that he used her for finding Adelind. He told her she might be dangerous, he called her twice before and she didn´t pick up so he got worried.
                    Maybe it was the last straw for her at that point but it was also one of these unappropriate moments when you finally get mad at someone for something he has been doing to you, but you choose the single worst moment to do so.
                    I would suggest Nick to really stop caring about her because for some time now, she is a cause of his instability. She used to be his safe place, but now, with her dismisivness (and she even isn´t trying anymore, she just suffers Nick on the couch), I think he only wastes his time.

I hope they will stay broken up. She could still be a reccuring character and be just a vet for a change. Help Nick, if he would tell her the truth, here and there but that´s it.

P.S. Migraine is bad. It took me three days to get rid of mine. I almost didn´t make it to work on Monday.
                    Last edited by Klenotka; 25 November 2012, 02:25 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Do you have an exacte date when the spell started? I don't
                      Maybe it's a lousy explanation but we don't know WHEN the spell started, so I believe it started right in that moment Juliette lost her memory of Nick. That would mean while she was IN the coma. True, she doesn't care for him anymore, I saw this too. But I think it's part of the original spell transported through the cat scratch. It only took longer for Sean to fall for. Maybe because he's stronger (because he seems to be able to fight his Wesen-side), maybe because Juliette was weaker from of the coma, I don't know. But it was too obvisiously WHEN this all started - when she woke up not days/weeks/months later.

Well, after rewatching 2.12 again I know whom's butt I want to kick: Monroe!
                      He knows about the trouble, he knows WHY Sean and Juliette came into the spice-shop. But 1) he didn't tell Nick the whole truth (about the obsession part. He knows from Sean that there's a spell going on) and 2) he don't have the balls to take the decision to tell Juliette the truth. She's sitting right in front of him, she asks him, explains to him that it would be necessary NOW for her to know finally. She came to him the night before, crying and hopeless after Nick broke up with her. What does Monroe do? He lets her go to call Nick and tell him that she wants the truth. Nick will NEVER tell her again, it's obvisiously that he blames himself for not getting into her, not making her believe in the first line. I think Nick is believing that, if he woulld have made Juliette believe, maybe he had had enough time in the first place to bring her to Rosalee (as she's the only one he knows who can fight spells like that) instead of fighting with Juliette in the rain, arguing with her, taking her over to Monroes only to watch her fall in a coma BEFORE she has the final evidence. Maybe he's (like Sean) also believing that it would have been better to kill Adalind when he also killed her Hexenbiest, don't know). BTW, Nick seems also blame himself for Maries death or do I read his reaction the wrong way? Maybe he thinks when he would have been in the hospital earlier ... ?
                      Monroe, as Nick's friend, should know that his friend isn't able to tell the truth anymore. Adalind will not stop attacking Juliette because Nick moved out of her house, that's ridiculous! Now Juliette would really NEED the truth to prepare herself. And just with Sean as her potential new lover she's much more in danger than before because now Adalind can hurt TWO of her enemies instead of one with getting into Juliette.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Nick and Monroe have BOTH major communication issues. It goes with their loner personalities, I guess. But I agree with you that Nick probably won´t tell Juliette because of what happened the last time. He is afraid to tell her, worried what might happen this time. If she thought he was crazy before, when she knew and loved him, imagine how would she react now.
                        I think Monroe felt it wasn´t his place to tell her but this way, they will just stay in a circle. I think the only way how to tell her without her running away and call the doctor to take Nick to a madhouse, she would have to face a situation Hank did. Nick wanted to tell him before but he was interrupted but facing the stuff helped. He saw Carly change and she was there when Nick told Hank, so Hank had a proof and a word of the actual Wesen for it.
                        I think if Monroe told her and changed to show her, it may not have helped at all. She is obviously more grounded in a reality person, sensible, needs a proof for everything, a scientific mind (she is a doctor, after all). But even seeing Monroe change may not be enough. She could just think she went mad. i don´t know, at this point, it seems almost hopeless. Maybe her deeper connection with Renard will lead her to Renard´s and Nick´s world better, than when she was with Nick.
                        I agree she would be in even a bigger danger but obviously, she and Renard didn´t really talk together. They had one coffee and they felt only a physical attraction. She seems to be in a deeper denial than she was before and may not be able to believe anything and anyone. I can imagine it drives her crazy as it is so listen to some crazy stories about monsters, royal families and witches could eventually be the last thing for her to definitely lose it and maybe even leave Portland.

Comment

I don't think it was Monroe's place to tell her anything since it wasn't his secret to tell. I do however wish he said something to Nick about the obsession spell, at the same time as I said before its probably best that Nick moved out. and attempts to move on.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I think it is good for both of them. I think Juliette needs to be a character on her own, if she should stay on the show.

Comment

It does seem that monroe is being deliberately non-communicative to keep the plot going. I'd tell Nick 'well, she was with a guy but he was also looking into this obsession thing so......'

If I were nick I'd rather have that full disclosure than find out that weeks of drama were kicked off by someone keeping their mouth shut that could have at least explained things.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^this

I think when Nick will find out, he will be really p**** at Monroe, maybe for the very first time. Hopefully he will not 'Grimm' him too much
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X