No announcement yet.

Season of the Hexenbiest (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only actually saw a bit of the previews because after the "sorry" I turned the tv off. than as an after thought, maybe there's previews. and so when I turned it back on it was halfway through. I plan on holding out to see the actual show. though:

Spoiler:
    I did see the part where it looked like Juliet shot Nick. but easily could have been a camera trick
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
      Too late
      And I think we can be sure it comes from episode 2x13 til maybe 2x15 since they didn´t finish shooting yet.
      Spoiler:
      Question is - will Renard reveal everything to Nick, even that he is part-Hexenbiest?
      Well, they finished this years work yesterday. Cast and crew on hiatus too. Yesterday they had a wrapping-up party with watching the episode themselves (cute how Bitsie and Claire commented both, Claire was supposed to do but Bitsie jumped on her side so it was really nice - as far as I read the tweets before I fell asleep).

Originally posted by blueray View Post
      I only actually saw a bit of the previews because after the "sorry" I turned the tv off. than as an after thought, maybe there's previews. and so when I turned it back on it was halfway through. I plan on holding out to see the actual show. though:

Spoiler:
      I did see the part where it looked like Juliet shot Nick. but easily could have been a camera trick
      Yeah, that's my thoughts.
      Sorry, guys at Grimm, you lead me one time too often to the wrong direction, I don't buy that anymore!
      Spoiler:
      Actually we saw Juliette shooting and we also saw what could look like Nick is somewhere injured *hopeful! I'm in bitter need of some whump, guys!*. Does that mean Juliette is shooting Nick? Nope. So, mission failed ... or not

So, my take on this episode:
      Seriously? AWESOME!
      After the first watch this morning I wasn't too excited - well, I was a little upset how fast Nick and Monroe killed the Hundsjäger. I still don't get where the heck Nick is getting this strength and power only to hit one time and whatever he hitted is supposed to be dead. I think that's non-realistic and maybe TPTB should think twice about that - or, at least, give us a kind of explanation WHERE this small guy is hiding those powers without becoming a superhero. But the fight itself was well done I have to say.
      Well, besides that it seems like I'm the only one, I am feeling also for Juliette. To be true, besides Adalind and her Hundjägers I felt nearly for everyone (again besides Hank too, sorry, Russell).
      Sean, he cannot keep away from Juliette but *this time it worked for me!* he's also concerned about Nick. Plus Adalinds return and this ultimatum she gave to him. He didn't want to do this. I thought it was really funny to watch that he really tried to get out of this somehow - without the key! But haven't have another chance than to do what Adalind wants him to do. Interesting twist and well done - and the cliffhanger with him in front
      Spoiler:
      of the trailer

is ... heavy!
      Nick, oh My, my poor puppy! I really wanted to hug or pet him nearly the entire episode. He was so worried, so sad, so upset, so angry, so pissed ... It was great work that David did here. I loved the way he moved out at the end, coming to the bedroom saying "I'm not sleeping on the couch anymore". It was such an heartbreaking moment! And than him on Monroe's porch *sniff*. But my favourite is still after he learned from Monroe that there's another man and he went home and Juliette tries to explain. You actually can SEE the moment he's giving up on that relationship, the moment his heart is breaking. This was well done from both, David and Bitsie!
      Juliette (yes, I felt for her too) still in the dark, still not really knowing what is going on, breaking up with this stranger in her house but cannot give this attractive other man a real chance. And than Nick IS using her to get Adalind, no meaning. No matter, why he did (what she still doesn't know!), no matter, how worried Nick was about her, especially with Hank in the Hospital. He USED her. And here I would have said the same to him, well, maybe a little bit more like "go to hell!". This wasn't the right way, no matter how good it was meant.
      About that scene when Juliette had her chatter with Adalind and revealed so much to her. After the rewatch I'm sure it has something to do with the spell. Juliette doesn't seem to be on clear mind when she's talking about Aunt Marie or the trailer. And the way Adalind is asking her is ... weird. I don't think it has something to do with "making friends" or "trusting too easy", there's something else going on with Juliette. And I really hope they can fix that sometime on the backhalf of the season ...
      Besides, anyone noticed when Juliette is returning to this Cafe and Sean is coming out, they are both moving a little bit slowly when they passes each other. Funny thing that they are actually avoiding to look at each other ...
      Monroe, sitting in the middle of everything, don't know what to do without hurting someone but finally have to choose one side. Well, besides that I still think TPTB did a wrong move with letting Nick stay at Monroes (yes, sometimes I'm still a little bit suspicious about Slashers, sorry guys. I know, we haven't had any problems yet. Let's hope it will stay this way) but on the other side I hope this will last for a while - as FRIENDSHIP!

Nick sleeping in the trailer was awesome! I'm only wondering why Nick always seems to collapse on whatever he's sleeping on besides Juliette's bed . I wouldn't mind it if he had slept there for one or two more nights before moving over at Monroe's . Yes, that's me, #trailerlove .

The key ... you know I was worried about the key since Kelly left Portland. Thank the Godness, Nick still has it! And, upps, sorry Sean, he took it with himself when he got the weapon for the fight (have rewatched that scene because I wasn't sure, but he definetely puts it into the pocket of his jeans). I really, really, really hope they will leave the trailer stay where and how it is. There's a bad feeling in my gut now, after Sean had finally found it. Not that it is blowing up in the next episode or so.

I really love this episode, it's a great finale and I can't await how they will end this storlyline. And, seriously, Adalind is a great villian! I still don't have a clue how they want to keep her, especially in the main-cast, but I love to see her around. Just what Nick said: She is a witch, she doesn't need the Hexenbiest anymore .
      Last edited by Hyndara71; 17 November 2012, 09:17 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I love Adelind as well. And Claire plays her a little differentl than in season 1, I think. She can play this "I have no idea what happened" so well and still be a villanious witch...Clair has obviously a blast playing her.

I have to admit, that I am afraid of slashers´ reactions as well - I won´t deny it, I started to hate slash since it basically took over most of the fan fiction stories these days and people actually have to put a sign NOT SLASH as if it was some kind of a warning. I love Nick and Monroe´s friendship and poor Monroe, caught in the middle of this (yes, I felt so sorry for him when Juliette came to him - he just cares too much about everybody and ends up with Juliette angry and Nick as a roommate ).
        I would love to see Nick to sleep in a trailer for a while. Monroe could have been a little more reluctant but, after he said "Time being careful is over", it was obvious that he doesn´t want to be a silent partner anymore But the scene with Nick walking inside, look all sad and lost, was so heartbreaking, that I just can´t feel upset about it.
        And it is still better for him to move with Monroe than Hank. I think this way, they can perfectly divide work and Grimm life for a while. Poor Nick has only one bag of things and a trailer now.
        Also, we got an answer for what Hank knows. Nick probably told him about her being a the cookies. But he didn´t tell him about his mother, the key or anything else. He pretty much keeps him on "need to know basis". If it´s a good thing or not, remains to be seen but Nick´s net of lies falls apart and I think his secrets are not too secret anymore.

I think Renard wants only the key. Who knows what he will do when he finds all the stuff inside but I suspect that he will only break in, and after he fails to find the key, Nick may never know. But I think Nick should move the trailer somewhere else. Too many people know about it.

I am sorry but I don´t believe Juliette was under a spell when she was telling Adelind. It may be a result of her depression from all of the mess she was in and it is sometimes easier to talk to a stranger. But the way Adelind asked about the trailer was just too suspicious for Juliette NOT to notice.
        But I understand that it´s upsetting for her. Everybody tries to protect her and she doesn´t understand. Maybe Nick and Monroe should try to tell her. Sit with her and tell her. I doubt she would just jump into Nick´s arms but at least she would know and could decide for herself. And remember what Monroe said - he can break the physical attraction but the emotional part will remain so it may not be much of a help even if Monroe can "cure them". I really think Juliette and Nick´s relationship is doomed at this point. If I was Juliette, and remembered, I´d still be angry about Nick not telling me sooner. Writers´ don´t seem to know how to write her as a believeable victim, without making her annoying. I hope they have a plan for this story.

As for the promo. It is obviously misleading and it may not even be from one episode but two or three. We´ll see

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I think I'm starting hijacking again but ...

I have to admit, that I am afraid of slashers´ reactions as well - I won´t deny it, I started to hate slash since it basically took over most of the fan fiction stories these days and people actually have to put a sign NOT SLASH as if it was some kind of a warning.
          Well, I do slash - sometimes. But mostly so vage you can put whatever you want into it (as, for Grimm, I'd written three Slash-oneshots but the only one being a little more about that topic is the Nick/Monroe. And there I keep the slash-thing up to the Big Bad Wolf and not to human-Monroe. Well, that thing is also meant as Silly!Fic, so ... *shrugs*).
          Said that I have to say I read slash *sometimes* but not very often and only when the pairing is right for me (and I never read something more than M). I had some bad experiences in my past, especially with slashern, so I always tend to stay away than to read or write it - well, besides FemSlash. Don't ask me why but ... call it FemSlash and I'm reading *weird!*.

About Juliette talking to Adalind. It all begins the moment Juliette opens the door and finds Adalind on her porch. Something's happening to her then, I cannot explain what and why but her reaction of seeing Adalind is weird. During the first part of the conversation in that coffeeshop everything seems fine again but thatn Adalind begins to ask questions (right after Nick's call) and ... something with Juliette is changing again. I have no real explanation for it, I even cannot find the right word to describe. It's weird!
          Sean at the trailer ... well, Nick is sometimes blind but I cannot believe that he wouldn't notice it when someone actually was breaking into his trailer. Well, we'll see ...
          About the trailer for the second half of the season, I think (hope, whatever) that Nick will get injured at one point. Would explain that script-part you've posted in the General-Thread. When he's bleeding too much much or even was shoot his blood will be analyzed. Well, we know from the last time someone (Juliette) did some research, that there's something strange with Wesen, so why there shouldn't be something similiar to Grimm?

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

I think there is definitely more to Grimm´s blood than they are telling us. I read a theory, actually, that Grimms may have been created by the Royal families for the purpose of watching and killing Wesen. Like mixing human and wesen blood. It would explain why they can see Wesen but are, more or less, human (and the wesen part was mostly lost during centuries). But hey, it was just a theory that I read and found it interesting But it´s not a bad theory, imo

I can´t wait to find out more about Grimms.

As to this episode - I LOVE how they did the last scene. The dust, the wind...it was soooo obviously staged but it kind of worked for me and made it more...gloomy and dark I liked that.
            Last edited by Klenotka; 18 November 2012, 02:13 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Bitsie said on Twitter the director's cut of this episode was 17 minutes over time so a lot was cut out. I think there must have been a scene with Monroe visiting Hank in the hospital, but I'm curious what was going on in the rest of that time!

Also, I know this has been mentioned before, but that trailer sure looks a lot bigger on the inside than the outside. It looked especially dinky with Renard standing outside it for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                Bitsie said on Twitter the director's cut of this episode was 17 minutes over time so a lot was cut out. I think there must have been a scene with Monroe visiting Hank in the hospital, but I'm curious what was going on in the rest of that time!

Also, I know this has been mentioned before, but that trailer sure looks a lot bigger on the inside than the outside. It looked especially dinky with Renard standing outside it for some reason.
                Well, David is 1.80 m (5' 11'' ), Sasha is 1.93 m (6' 4'') so ... I think everything near Sasha is looking ... well ... small.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic

Comment

TARDIS! (sorry, it had to be said )

I was wondering where did the "Monroe in hospital go", especially after the discussion who might be the one in the hospital bed. I hope they include them on DVD, because the deleted scenes in Season 1 are great and give some of the stories a new perspective.
                  I don´t know what is with the 42 minutes long episodes (20 minutes for commercials?). If it was a little longer, just because it is a mid-season finale, I think it wouldn´t harm anything.

Comment

You know you gave me some hard time to think now before I got it, right?
                    Yeah, that's true. But, especially when it comes down to tents, trailers and other small rooms on TV and in movies they always seems to have this ... well, Tardis-effect. For the Airstream, surely, but (and I'm not an expert!) as far as I know those trailers were originally built a little bit broughter and bigger than usual. (I'm watching too much "American Pickers" I fear ...).

I was wondering where did the "Monroe in hospital go", especially after the discussion who might be the one in the hospital bed. I hope they include them on DVD, because the deleted scenes in Season 1 are great and give some of the stories a new perspective.
                    Yes, I remember you mentioned that before. My, I'm so looking forward for mine to arrive here! I mean, I have the R1-box too but unfortunately I'd switched the Region on my laptop back before I'd watched the extras. And as it was the last one before having to reload Windows completely ...

I don´t know what is with the 42 minutes long episodes (20 minutes for commercials?). If it was a little longer, just because it is a mid-season finale, I think it wouldn´t harm anything.
                    Seriously, I have no idea. I also want to know if there is/was an other ending for the Pilot (because the last scenes at Maries bed were reshooted - thanks to David's *coughs* hair *coughs* it's very ... uhm ... obviciously). As far as I know a network only gives the okay for such a longer episode when it comes down to specials *sigh*.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic

Comment

Tardis! Ha, my Partner and I say them same thing. He calls it the Tardis Trailer. Perhaps it does have some sort of supernatural attributes.
                      Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Originally posted by bookwormjules View Post
                        Tardis! Ha, my Partner and I say them same thing. He calls it the Tardis Trailer. Perhaps it does have some sort of supernatural attributes.
                        Or the Doctor is the original Grimm.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

I definitely hope to learn more about grimms and their abilities. because it seems like there is more than them simply seeing wesen, since they are so feared by them.

I like the idea of them being part wesen. I've also thought of them being wesen-like. which is why wesens freak out when they realize what Nick is, because no offense to him but he isn't scary, unless they see something else.
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be a twist, if Nick also morphs out, but we just can't see it.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is anyone familiar with the opening quote of this episode?

“Oh! There is a terrible witch in that house who spewed her poison over me and scratched me with her long fingernails.”

it is not at all familiar to me and I cannot place it with any tale I know
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                              Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

check the behind the scenes pictures for this episode

I liked the one with Hank in the hospital reading the newspaper

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/photos/behi...5/#item=266669
                                Grimm returns October 24
                                sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                                Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Working...
                                X