Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting

LUV ?@LUVTHEFILM

@russellhornsby is Detective Pratt in @LUVTHEFILM. #seeLUV in @amctheatres January 18! [URLhttp://twitpic.com/bq8fsc="http://twitpic.com/bq8fsc"][/URL]
    Grimm returns October 24
    sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

so sweet

https://twitter.com/rachnorrie/statu...487232/photo/1
      Grimm returns October 24
      sigpic

Comment

oh, so sweet (again )

https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/st...099456/photo/1

interesting: apparently Silas and Bree ordered the same plate, and David and Bitsie ordered the same

update:

https://twitter.com/BitsieTulloch/st...580097/photo/1
        Grimm returns October 24
        sigpic

Comment

https://twitter.com/i/#!/BitsieTullo...com%2FIjVNwvDI

Bree
          Grimm returns October 24
          sigpic

Comment

http://www.whosay.com/breeturner/photos/281110

interesting fake background
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Comment

David Giuntoli ?@mistergiuntoli

Catch an all new episode of @NBCGrimm next next next next next next next friday,march 8! Tivo can't think that far in advance, but u can.
              of course we can
              Grimm returns October 24
              sigpic

Comment

David Giuntoli ?@mistergiuntoli

Catch an all new episode of @NBCGrimm next next next next next next next friday,march 8! Tivo can't think that far in advance, but u can.
                Dear Mister Giuntoli,
                you take care that European Grimmsters can watch the next, next, next, next, next, next, next friday's episode and I would be more than glad to do so. If not ... I'm sorry but have to find another conclussion to my problem.
                Sincersely,
                Hyn

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Nice conversation:

David Giuntoli?@mistergiuntoli
                  saw lincoln in theater this past weekend. trying to be a 'leader' and jovial storyteller on set today. not getting same respect though.
                  Reggie Lee?@MrReggieLee
                  @mistergiuntoli until just now I thought Daniel Day Lewis had joined our cast. How dare u ruin that for me.
                  David Giuntoli?@mistergiuntoli
                  @MrReggieLee thanks regg! i owe you a gigantic bull**** compliment!
                  Hehe, Reggie won! *GO! Team Wu!*

Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1527977.story

Makeup artist is a go-to guy for gore

Barney Burman and other makeup artists like him are very much in demand in Hollywood because of an onslaught of crime dramas and supernatural shows.
                    Grimm returns October 24
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                      Dear Mister Giuntoli,
                      you take care that European Grimmsters can watch the next, next, next, next, next, next, next friday's episode and I would be more than glad to do so. If not ... I'm sorry but have to find another conclussion to my problem.
                      Sincersely,
                      Hyn
                      It is still long way away, isn´t it? Why NBC, why?
                      Anyway, I am surprised that Season 2 will actually start in summer here so not that late. I know a programme director on that TV (she is a fan, going to conventions) and loves Grimm so that might explain it

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                        http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,1527977.story

Makeup artist is a go-to guy for gore

Barney Burman and other makeup artists like him are very much in demand in Hollywood because of an onslaught of crime dramas and supernatural shows.
                        Link isn't working for me, mi_guard ...

Yeah, it is. The webisodes doesn't really help (me) to get over it. Funny, I just started to watch a couple of other shows but no one of them is this ... no other (okay, except maybe The Borgias) is so working in my mind. It really feels like a kind of cold turkey ...
                        Only two and a half week until Grimm starts over here in Germany. I'm not planing to watch it - not with this dubbing - but I've "met" another one interested in that Show and as it starts on my first time off this year we will party a little that night - with my DVDs and a marathon in original dubbing instead of what Vox did to that show. Nope, one time Monroe with a voice of a teen is enough for me!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                          Link isn't working for me, mi_guard ...

I put the text in spoiler tags
                          strange - I checked it again and for me it is working - it is not a vid but a newspaper online article
                          Spoiler:

Hunched over half a naked body, Barney Burman uses a hand rake to shave chunks of molten clay from the skull, while a co-worker scrapes air bubbles from a severed hand.

On a separate table, two men are working on the other half, sawing through the foam legs of a victim who has been cut in two for an upcoming episode of the NBC series "Grimm."

Burman, an Oscar-winning, third-generation makeup effects artist, had just a few days to create the severed cadaver, which he personally delivered this week to Portland, Ore., where the supernatural series shoots.

"We get the best of both words," said Burman, owner of B2FX in North Hollywood. "We get to make monsters and dead people on a weekly basis — it's fantastic."

Thanks to a plethora of crime dramas and supernatural shows such as "Grimm," as well as a continued appetite for physical effects — as opposed to those created on a computer screen — makeup artists like Burman remain very much in demand in Hollywood. They use old-school techniques and materials to fashion monsters from clay, foam, paint and silicone.

Burman has designed and created all manner of dead bodies and creatures for "Grimm," a popular series inspired by classic Grimm's fairy tales that is now in its second season. "Grimm" stars David Giuntoli as a detective, descended from an elite line of criminal profilers, who faces off against various ancient evils and mythic monsters.

Although the drama uses some computer generated effects, it equally relies on Burman and his team to design and create as many as three dead bodies and four creatures per episode.

"He's good, he's fast ... and he makes these creatures look very real," said David Greenwalt, creator and executive producer of "Grimm" with Jim Kouf.

The shelves of Burman's studio are lined with heads of various human-monster hybrids — including a pigman and a wolfman — beside a stack of freshly painted eyeballs, along with an assortment of aliens. The company employs as many as a dozen mostly freelance artists, each of whom has specialties, such as sculpting hands or attaching hair.

Burman's job is often a race against the clock. First, an actor sits for about an hour, as Burman and his crew create a cast of his head and body. From the cast, the crew sculpts a clay model of the body, which is used to form a mold that is filled with a silicone compound.

"I would like to do this in three weeks," he said of his latest cadaver, a mold of actor Quinn Franzen. "Instead, I have just seven to eight days."

A 46-year-old Los Angeles native, Burman comes from a family of makeup artists. His grandfather Ellis Burman worked with the renowned makeup effects artist Jack Pierce on classic monster films, including 1941's "The Wolf Man" with Lon Chaney.

His father, Tom Burman, joined John Chambers — the makeup effects artist depicted in the Oscar-nominated movie "Argo" — in creating the groundbreaking makeup for "Planet of the Apes."

Burman is self-taught, having learned the business as a child, visiting sets with his father, who often used him to test makeup or try out masks. He once modeled for a small alien in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

"I would test things on him. He was always game," recalled Tom Burman. "He had a real propensity for it. I'm really proud of him."

After flirting with a career as an actor, the younger Burman entered the family trade and opened his first studio in 2004, initially operating out of his garage in Van Nuys.

It was partly a practical decision. Acting jobs were scarce, but Burman could make decent money as a makeup effects artist once his father got him his first job, which allowed him to join the makeup artists union.
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Comment

The link is always leading me to an empty site. Not only yours, also the original link on Twitter. That's a little weird and the first time I think I didn't get it work somehow *scratches head*.
                            Anyway, thank you so much for posting it! My, third generation, that's awesome!

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

super bowl pic

https://twitter.com/AkelaCooper/stat...438016/photo/1
                              Grimm returns October 24
                              sigpic

Comment

And this is from Richard :

There's a little voice inside my head telling me that mi_guard will love one part of that pic. Not so sure about the other half

Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X