This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    The trend continues - Game of Thrones hits another series high for ratings and viewership. 5.3 million.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/hbos...hit-new-highs/
    It's getting better and better. Hopefully this will convince HBO to give them bigger budgets so we can see a bit more from the books.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      The trend continues - Game of Thrones hits another series high for ratings and viewership. 5.3 million.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/hbos...hit-new-highs/
      I can't believe it keeps going up.
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Hi all,

I thought I'd share some news with you all...

Emilia Clarke, Daenerys Targaryen, has been voted the 33rd Sexiest Woman in the World by the readers of FHM. For the annual '100 Sexiest Women in the World' survey.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

But she's the number one mother of dragons
          sigpic

Comment

Here in the UK 'Game of Thrones' has won an award.

The show won a BAFTA. The Radio Times Audience Award.

Comment

Martin reveals three major characters being added in Season 4

Spoiler:
              The Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell, and Oberyn Martell.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Martin reveals three major characters being added in Season 4

Spoiler:
                The Magnar of Thenn, Mace Tyrell, and Oberyn Martell.
                Woot woot.

I want Oded Fehr for Oberyn...but that's just me
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  Woot woot.

I want Oded Fehr for Oberyn...but that's just me
                  I think they HAD to include Oberyn aka The Red Viper.

Spoiler:
                  His role length-wise is very short but it turns out to be an integral part of the storyline. He is the way by which we are introduced to another major House in Dorne. And then of course there is his impact on Tyrion's storyline
                  sigpic

Comment

Soundtrack for season three has been released.
                    sigpic

Comment

I purchased the soundtrack earlier today. For those who like the Rains of Castamere theme, A Lannister Always Pays His Debts is an excellent extended instrumental rendition of the Lannister theme.

One thing I notice about this soundtrack is more elaborate orchestration. Mhysa, for example, features a highly embellished choral version of Dany's theme, which I found impressive.

As well as greater orchestration, Ramin Djawadi also goes for the opposite approach. For the Realm is a poignant acoustic guitar version of the Game of Thrones main title theme. The nylon guitar really feels earthy and primal to me, very appropriate for what Djawadi was going for in the track.

Edit: For those in a rather zany mood, The Bear and the Maiden Fair is a great track.
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 04 June 2013, 09:42 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

^ I bought it th other day too, and WOW is it ever good. Apart from the bizarre Bear and the Maiden Fair, I think this is far and away the best/most consistently excellent GOT soundtrack yet. Aside from that one track, I could pretty much put this soundtrack on repeat and be happy.

And 'Mhysa'? Whoa. Phenomenal. Sounds like something out of LOTR.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The season finale for season 3 airs tonight here in the UK on Sky Atlantic tonight...!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            ^ I bought it th other day too, and WOW is it ever good. Apart from the bizarre Bear and the Maiden Fair, I think this is far and away the best/most consistently excellent GOT soundtrack yet. Aside from that one track, I could pretty much put this soundtrack on repeat and be happy.

And 'Mhysa'? Whoa. Phenomenal. Sounds like something out of LOTR.
                            I love the soundtrack. "Mhysa" is glorious, moving, and haunting. It's easily my favorite track in season 3.

I know The Bear and the Maiden Fair seems really bizarre and out of place, but I actually like listening to that track because it is strange and out of place.
                            sigpic

Comment

Feel like going back and watching seasons 1 & 2
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I hope they release the season 3 DVDs soon I have seen all of season 1 & 2 I read what happens but I want to watch it I won't be able to get cable any time soon so I can't watch it when everybody else does. I am a season behind at the moment.
                                sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X