Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO would have a riot on its hands if it pulled the plug...

It still hasn't reached the expense that Rome has, so I'm not too worried.
    sigpic

Comment

Rome is why I was kinda concerned. I thought Rome was good. (and it made me forever a fan of Kevin McKidd), but after 2 years of no emmys, rising costs, etc, they pulled the plug.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Rome is why I was kinda concerned. I thought Rome was good. (and it made me forever a fan of Kevin McKidd), but after 2 years of no emmys, rising costs, etc, they pulled the plug.
        But did Rome double it's audience between Season One and Two? (though I guess it wouldn't matter cause Season two was forced into being the last season during production anyway)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I hate to be miss glass is half empty but if GoT doesn't get any emmy noms, it's not looking good.

I'm not sure what the ratings are, but HBO seems to place a lot of importance on getting awards. And I noticed that GoT wasn't even on the list for Peoples Choice nominees, and usually Peoples Choice is a pretty good indication of Emmy noms.

I'm really starting to think that HBO will pull the plug long before the story is over, and that GRRM will probably never finish the books. Not when he's got, what?, 2-3 more to go? and at the pace he's writing
          Season two won some minor Emmy categories and additional nominations (incl. best supporting actor):
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/awards

Season one garnered a Best Supporting Actor award for Peter Dinklage.

More importantly, GoT is a critical darling and a pop culture phenomenon. It's thoroughly broken into the mainstream and adds prestige to the HBO brand. From what I've read, HBO is 100% behind the series. Yeah, costs matter (and I *do* remember Rome -- sniffle, sniffle) but I'm not worried at all about GoT's fate unless the showrunners stumble and seriously jump the shark during season three.

Call me mr. glass half full

Comment

I seem to remember Rome's production history running...

- was supposed to be a single miniseries
            - ratings were so good that HBO ordered a second, 12-episode season
            - someone finally did the numbers and realized season 1 had cost over $100m
            - HBO cut the season 2 order by two episodes and announced it would be the show's last

Game of Thrones' circumstances bear no resemblance to that.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They're baaaaaack...and this time they're beatboxing instead of singing lol

sigpic

Comment

Winter is coming......

Bring on more GOT
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1237488

A shame
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

^Thank you for the updates. I cannot wait for this series to come back!

sigpic

Comment

Hi all,
                          I was channel hopping last night. And discovered that Sky Atlantic are repeating season 2 on Saturday nights here in the UK.
                          "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                          Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                          Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                          Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                          I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                          To thy own self... Be true
                          May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Pretty awesomely made recap of seasons 1 and 2.
                            sigpic

Comment

George RR Martin signs deal with HBO to remain a co-executive producer for at least another two seasons

Bodes well for a fourth and fifth season!
                              Last edited by DigiFluid; 19 February 2013, 03:59 PM. Reason: Fix busted tag
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey all,
                                I can confirm Sky Atlantic here in the UK is repeating season 2 on both Mondays and Saturdays at 2200. Pick TV is also repeating season 1.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X