Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Isn't that the premise of the show though?

Bishop and Bell did this research for the U.S. Army back in the 70s and now some group has managed to expand on it and semi-perfect it. So what we're seeing are going to be major elements of that initial research.

Or am I totally off base?
    That was how understood it too. I'll have to watch the pilot again...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      same here....

I have to say, I had REALLY high expectations for this show and it's met them and exceeded. I really love it. I think the concept is actually very different despite all the comparisons to the X-Files. This show IS unique. The charatcers are 3D...

...It's all really good in my opinion.

Comment

Press release for episode 1x05 (spoilers):

Spoiler:
        Episode 1x05 "Power Hungry"

DR. BISHOP AND BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER WHEN MAN’S ENERGY HAS DRASTIC, DEADLY EFFECTS ON “FRINGE” TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14, ON FOX

When it’s discovered that a rather simple man has the ability to harness electricity, dangerous and deadly occurrences follow, and our unlikely trio investigates this super-charged oddity. Meanwhile, Olivia has a high-voltage encounter of a different kind when she is rocked by a blast from her past, and Dr. Bishop turns to his feathered friends and enlists homing pigeons to help him break the case in the “Power Hungry” episode of FRINGE airing Tuesday, Oct. 14 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Kirk Acevedo as Charlie Francis; Mark Valley as John Scott; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Ebon Moss Bachrach as Joseph Meegar; Max Baker as Fischer; Mary Louise Burke as Flora Meegar; Diane Davis as Bethany

Source: Fox

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Oh, the horror and hardship

And here's something cool...

Easteregg: Hidden Audio on Richard Steig's Tape
          sigpic

Comment

I find myself more interested in this show with each episode. I'm definitely going to stick around for awhile and give it a shot. Let's just hope FOX does the same.
            sigpic

Comment

Promo pics for 1x05:http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...er-hungry.html

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                I find myself more interested in this show with each episode. I'm definitely going to stick around for awhile and give it a shot. Let's just hope FOX does the same.
                I just finished episode three and I couldn't agree more, on both parts.

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                Every week Popular Mechanics writes an article about the previous episodes "science" and analyzes whether what Fringe is showing is more fiction than fact. Here are the first three;

From LSD Brain to Dead Autopilot, Fringe Premiere Skirts Reality

Fringe Gets Fast Aging and Frozen Optics Wrong in Episode 2: Reality Check

Fringe's Brain Science Flirts with Facts in 3rd Episode: Hollywood Fact vs. Fiction
                I learned a long time ago that shows like these may as well be in another universe for all the laws they break. If you take the time to nitpick you will go nuts and the story takes a backseat. Just watch it for what it is, good fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
                  The same can be said about me. I am very happy I decided to give this show a shot. I really hope it does well, so FOX doesn't dump it.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

1.03 The Ghost Network Easteregg and Clues Round-Up

Not as interesting this time around, but a few more are bound to pop up eventually.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      The same can be said about me. I am very happy I decided to give this show a shot. I really hope it does well, so FOX doesn't dump it.
                      Edit: I found the ratings. Fringe got a 8.1 on sept 16th. It was the 6th highest rated show of the week. Nothing about last week.

Another Edit: I read an article that said it did even better last week, but they didn't have any numbers. When I find them I'll post.
                      Last edited by Franklyn Blaze; 29 September 2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                        Edit: I found the ratings. Fringe got a 8.1 on sept 16th. I was the 6th highest rated show of the week. Nothing about last week.
                        Thanks for posting that.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

*waves at Fringe fans*

A quick pop-in to say I've kinda liked what I've seen of Fringe and John Noble is amazing.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Last nights ep was interesting I wonder if we will see that guy again and what was that thing
                            sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              Last nights ep was interesting I wonder if we will see that guy again and what was that thing
                              I believe we will most definitely see the bald man again. It was a very interesting episode.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm starting to go off it, the writing was weak this episode, loads of cliches not to mention the Dr Who rip. I can't believe the episode centered around giant vibrator.

Comment

Working...
                                X