Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    So tonight is supposedly the episode when Olivia goes home
    IDK...the previews on Fox say that tonight she's "closer" to going home. IDK if she makes it back "over here," but she's just not with Peter and Walter yet...or if she's still stuck "over there."
    sigpic

Comment

FRINGE Preview: ‘The Abducted’ Brings The Candyman and Olivia’s Quest to Return Home
      Spoiler:
      November 18, 2010 by Marisa Roffman

Tonight’s brand new episode of FRINGE is set “over there” and our Olivia’s growing unrest over her displacement is reaching a boiling point.

In “The Abducted,” Olivia reaches out to Henry (returning guest star Andre Royo), who is really the only person on the other side whom she trusts. And apparently her hijacking of his cab in the third season premiere is all forgiven because he’s willing to help her above and beyond the call of duty.

I’ve seen the ep and while I don’t want to ruin the experience for you guys and spoil everything, I do have a few teases for you…

I’m guessing that those of you who were apathetic towards some of the alt-characters will start warming up to them this evening. As the Fringe team investigates a kidnapper nicknamed the Candyman — a man who abducts a child every couple of years — we get to see a whole new side of alt-Broyles who has a very personal connection to the case. Heck, even Walternate is sympathetic for about 30 seconds thanks to his empathy for the parents who have lost their kids. (Don’t worry, your sympathy won’t last long.)

Olivia and alt-Broyles’ relationship takes several interesting turns in the hour, as she initially defies advice from her team members and confronts him about his personal involvement in their case. And despite his knowledge of who Olivia really is, Broyles respects her and trusts her enough to let her into a very private part of his life. She repays that trust by risking her journey home to make sure the Candyman case gets solved properly.

Peter has been consistently appearing to Olivia as a reminder of who she is, but now that she seems to be fully aware of her reality, his presence in tonight’s hour has an entirely different purpose…

After this evening’s episode, there will be a Thanksgiving-induced break and trust me when I say the wait is going to be dreadful.

Source: Give Me My Remote
      Last edited by LtColCarter; 18 November 2010, 12:17 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        I don't know...I've never heard that TPTB only planned to give the show three seasons.
        All I have heard is that they were thinking about a timetable for events. When the show would reach its natural end. How many seasons that would take, I do not know.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Excellent episode this evening. My only question is if Olivia was....
          Spoiler:
          back "over here"...how did Walternate's goons pull her back "over there?"
          sigpic

Comment

Excellent episode this evening. My only question is if Olivia was....
            Spoiler:
            back "over here"...how did Walternate's goons pull her back "over there?"
            Spoiler:
            It's more of a projection than an actual trip across universes, similar to how she travelled to the Altverse in late season one. To actually travel back and stay back, she needs to pull whatever she did to travel across in the season two finale. No more water tanks.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Spoiler:
              It's more of a projection than an actual trip across universes, similar to how she travelled to the Altverse in late season one. To actually travel back and stay back, she needs to pull whatever she did to travel across in the season two finale. No more water tanks.
              Thanks Matt That makes sense!
              sigpic

Comment

Last night was definitely another really good episode. I can't wait to watch it again, this time with my wife.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Is it only me or... are the fringe shows always with more breaks interrupting then any other show i know? two weeks here, one week there....
                  sigpic

Comment

Is it not Tuesday yet???? I wanna see the next ep so badly

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                    I seriously doubt this'll be the last Season. 4million isn't that bad, is it?
                    4 million sounds good for a scifi show but what do I know

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    If this show doesn't get renewed, what little faith I have left in television will be lost.
                    *nods head* Me too, and I would have to re-evaluate my decision on watching shows when they first air or wait to see if they get a chance to end properly. It's a catch 22 really

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    All I have heard is that they were thinking about a timetable for events. When the show would reach its natural end. How many seasons that would take, I do not know.
                    I think 5 is a nice number I mean you don't want it to end too quickly when it seems to be building up a head of steam but at the same time you don't want to to drag on indefinitely. I know it's a completely different type of show but take Bones for example. It's in it's sixth season I think? Well I think it's starting to drag on a bit and it's become boring (to me at least). I watched the first ep of the new season and I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to, it seems to have lost something. I think I have about 3 or 4 eps on my Sky box that I have still to watch but I just can't get the motivation up to watch it

I hope Fringe doesn't end up like that. IMO a show like Fringe should do a Babylon 5 and have a set plan in place and a set amount of seasons

Well that's JMO
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                      Is it only me or... are the fringe shows always with more breaks interrupting then any other show i know? two weeks here, one week there....
                      One of the breaks was because of the World Series.
                      sigpic

Comment

Breaks do suck, no doubt about that. We just have to be happy that this great show is still on.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

One of the breaks was because of the World Series.
                          who needs the World Series when we got fringe? (sorry no american here and do not see the point in watching sports being it soccer or football, basektball or whatever)...
                          sigpic

Comment

who needs the World Series when we got fringe? (sorry no american here and do not see the point in watching sports being it soccer or football, basektball or whatever)...
                            Tell that to the millions who do watch it and spend millions upon millions of dollars on it.

Anyway...back to Fringe....
                            sigpic

Comment

Oooh, I think season 3 is started in the UK!

Does alternate Olivia have thicker, longer more ginger hair? It suits her - makes her look warmer and friendlier

I love how Walter and Walternate are the same but different... John Noble does such a brilliant job of injecting a different "take" on the same fundamental character. Quality stuff.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                                Oooh, I think season 3 is started in the UK!

Does alternate Olivia have thicker, longer more ginger hair? It suits her - makes her look warmer and friendlier

I love how Walter and Walternate are the same but different... John Noble does such a brilliant job of injecting a different "take" on the same fundamental character. Quality stuff.
                                Altivia has the blonde hair...and Olivia (from over here) has the warmer hair color.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X