Fringe (J.J. Abrams) - General Discussion Spoilers and Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Yeah why is that. Is it because of Halloween?
    Ummmm...World Series...ya know...hitting a ball with a stick?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Ummmm...World Series...ya know...hitting a ball with a stick?
      Baseball? Why is it called world series?
      sigpic

Comment

Baseball? Why is it called world series?
        Good question...here is what I found....

The World Series has been the annual championship series of the highest level of professional baseball in the United States and Canada since 1903, concluding the postseason of Major League Baseball. Since the Series takes place in October, sportswriters many years ago dubbed the event the Fall Classic; it is also sometimes known as the October Classic or simply The Series. It is played between the League Championship Series winning clubs from MLB's two circuits, the American and National Leagues. The World Series has been played every year since 1903 with the exception of 1904 (boycott) and 1994 (player strike). Though professional baseball has employed various championship formulas since the 1860s, the term "World Series" is usually understood to refer exclusively to the modern World Series.

Though the name "World Series" might bring to mind an intercontinental championship, it is confined within Major League Baseball's American and National Leagues. Contrary to popular legend, the name of the series is not related to the New York World newspaper[1].

The winner of World Series championship is determined through a best-of-seven playoff except for 1903, 1919, 1920, and 1921, when the winner was determined through a best-of-nine playoff. The winning team is awarded the Commissioner's Trophy and the team presents its players and executives individual World Series championship rings. The Series-winning club also receives a larger proportion of the gate receipts from the series.

The New York Yankees of the American League have played in 40 of the 105 World Series and have won 27 World Series championships, more than any other Major League franchise. From the National League, the San Francisco Giants (formerly New York Giants) and Los Angeles Dodgers (formerly Brooklyn Dodgers) have appeared in 18 World Series championships. The Giants were invited to the World Series 19 times, but boycotted the event in 1904. The St. Louis Cardinals have represented the National League 17 times and have won 10 championships, which is the second most of any Major League Team.[2] Presently, the Chicago Cubs have played the most seasons without winning the World Series, with their last championship coming in 1908.[3]
        Now...back to Fringey stuff!
        sigpic

Comment

Good question...here is what I found....

Now...back to Fringey stuff!
          That's what was confusing me. I thought world series was teams from all over the world. But I see it's just North America.. I don't have a clue about Baseball. My dad started watching it a while back here but they stopped showing it for some reason *shrugs*

Yes, back to Fringey stuff I miss my Fringe this week I wish it was next week
          sigpic

Comment

I tried to check my TV listings on Yahoo...but it stops at 6:00pm this Thursday. Fringe comes on after that on Thursday. I can check my guide when I get home.

Edit: according to tvguide.com...there will be a new episode this Thursday. YAY!
            sigpic

Comment

WOOHOO, so that should mean we'll get a new ep next Tuesday
              sigpic

Comment

WOOHOO, so that should mean we'll get a new ep next Tuesday
                Yay! :-D
                sigpic

Comment

Fringe (97% coverage)
                  - 4.804 million viewers
                  - 3.0/5 HH
                  - 1.8/5 A18-49

Looks like season 3 could be the last

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Fringe (97% coverage)
                    - 4.804 million viewers
                    - 3.0/5 HH
                    - 1.8/5 A18-49

Looks like season 3 could be the last
                    Let's not give up hope just yet. I still have a lot of faith in this show. Hopefully FOX will make the right decision.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Fringe (97% coverage)
                      - 4.822 million viewers
                      - 2.9/5 HH
                      - 1.7/5 A18-49

Comment

*casts anti-negativity spell*
                        sigpic

Comment

Just started watching season 1 of Fringe again! Nice way to start a weekend!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi folks, can I join in here?

I've been watching Fringe for a couple fo years, but kept missing eps. My new cable +Box carries the whole of season 1 and 2 so I;ve recently been enjoying a Fringe fest
                            I'm about halfway thru season 2 now.

I don't think S3 has been shown here in the UK yet, so I;m hoping it starts soon.

I love all of the characters but Walter has just got to be my favourite - he is simply brilliant!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                              Hi folks, can I join in here?

I've been watching Fringe for a couple fo years, but kept missing eps. My new cable +Box carries the whole of season 1 and 2 so I;ve recently been enjoying a Fringe fest
                              I'm about halfway thru season 2 now.

I don't think S3 has been shown here in the UK yet, so I;m hoping it starts soon.

I love all of the characters but Walter has just got to be my favourite - he is simply brilliant!
                              Sure..the more the merrier!
                              sigpic

Comment

*casts anti-negativity spell*
                                I hope that spell works on FOX. I really want another season of this great show.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X