No announcement yet.

Serenity (Firefly) Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is just awesome! And I actually still remember some chinese...those crazy strokes actually mean something to me.

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    Do you have the Serenity one where it's written over a sun in both Mandarin and English, it was supposed to have been the logo for the new movie?
    You mean this logo?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...naktt/logo.jpg
    ~Athena

Comment

What do you teach your students that is Firefly related?
      I teach in a writing course. The class is a precursor to a scriptwriting workshop.

My lecturer was going to show a video clip from BSG but of course he couldn't get the video player to work.
      I'm teaching another class on symbolism next semester and am currently working out ways to show Stargate.

Comment

Shep I want you as my teacher

Anyway here are the wanted posters for all the cast http://img129.exs.cx/img129/808/wanted0nz.jpg

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
          I teach in a writing course. The class is a precursor to a scriptwriting workshop.

I'm teaching another class on symbolism next semester and am currently working out ways to show Stargate.
          Joss Whedon is god when it comes to writing. My friend keeps on saying that I'm hyping Serenity up too much and that I'll be disappointed once I do see it, but I really can't see it happening.

Yep Athena, that's the one I was looking for, thanks.

Wait a minute, hoban washburn? I always thought his last name was Warren.
          Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 30 March 2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Wait a minute, hoban washburn? I always thought his last name was Warren.
            I don't think his full name was ever said in Firefly, but IMDB lists him as Warren, but in the film he's listed as Hoban 'Wash' Washburn.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Hoban, that is such a funny name.

Comment

Hoban, that is such a funny name.
                I guess thats why he's called Wash

Comment

Whedon uses unusual names sometimes.

Hoban
                  Inara (arabic, meaning ray of light or heaven sent)
                  Kaywinnit
                  Jayne
                  Book

and what's the character in the movie, Mr. Universe? I keep imagining this blonde Fabio posing. *shakes head in an effort to rid herself of the image*

Buffy

Comment

I love the name Kaywinnit I wonder if he made it up himself or is it a historical name?

Comment

Couldn't really find anything when I googled it. But there's a thread floating about on fireflyfans.net with the meaning of names and stuff.

Meaning of names

Ah nuts, my assignment is staring me in the face. Better go do it. *sigh* ... in about five minutes.

Comment

I just ordered Finding Serenity. It's collection of essays about Firefly (probably the only non-fiction I'll read for fun ) :

Introduction by Jane Espenson (writer of "Shindig"; Jane also writes short intros to each essay)
                        "The Reward, the Details, the Devils, the Due" by Larry Dixon (artist)
                        "The Heirs of Sawney Beane" by Lawrence Watt-Evans (author)
                        "Asian Objects in Space" by Leigh Adams Wright (fan)
                        "The Rise and Fall (and Rise) of Firefly (the Behind the Scenes Story)" by Glenn Yeffeth (editor/publisher of this book)
                        "Who Killed Firefly?" by Ginjer Buchanan (editor)
                        "'The Train Job' Didn't Do the Job: Poor Opening Contributed to Firefly's Doom" by Keith R.A. DeCandido (author/editor, Serenity novelizer)
                        "Serenity and Bobby McGee: Freedom and the Illusion of Freedom in Joss Whedon's Firefly" by Mercedes Lackey (author)
                        "Firefly vs. The Tick" by Don DeBrandt (author)
                        "We're All Just Floating in Space" by Lyle Zynda (philosopher)
                        "More than a Marriage of Convenience" by Michelle Sagara West (author)
                        "'Thanks for the Reenactment, Sir': Zoe: Updating the Woman Warrior" by Tanya Huff (author)
                        "Whores and Goddesses: The Archetypal Domain of Inara Serra" by Dr. Joy Davidson (sex therapist)
                        "The Captain May Wear the Tight Pants, but It's the Gals Who Make Serenity Soar" by Robert B. Taylor (TV critic/journalist)
                        "I Want Your Sex: Gender and Power in Joss Whedon's Dystopian Future World" by Nancy Holder (author)
                        "Just Shove Him in the Engine, or, The Role of Chivalry in Joss Whedon's Firefly" by John C. Wright (author)
                        "Mirror/Mirror: A Parody" by Roxanne Longstreet Conrad (author)
                        "Star Truck" by David Gerrold (author/screenwriter)
                        "Chinese Words in the Fireflyverse" by Kevin M. Sullivan (linguist)
                        "Listening to Firefly" by Jennifer Goltz (musician)
                        "Kaylee Speaks: Jewel Staite on Firefly" by Jewel Staite (actor)
                        "Unofficial Glossary of Firefly Chinese," created by Kevin M. Sullivan

Most looking forward to Mercedes Lackey, Tanya Huff, Ginjer Buchanan and Glenn Yeffeth pieces. Hope it was worth it.

179 days till the US premiere...

Comment

I wan't I'm surprised so much can be writen about a show that only lasted half a season.

Comment

Hope the book's more fun that some of the West Wing books.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                              Hope the book's more fun that some of the West Wing books.
                              The West Wing has books? Lets see space cowboys... american politics... space cowboys... american politics. Let's go with the former.

Yeah, imagine how many essays would have been written if it lasted for four seasons.

Comment

Joss Whedon is god when it comes to writing. My friend keeps on saying that I'm hyping Serenity up too much and that I'll be disappointed once I do see it, but I really can't see it happening.
                                I'm pretty excited about the film as well. I actually have a friend who saw a work in progress of Serenity, and he wasn't familiar with the Series, but he loved it. I trust his judgement, I think its going to be good.

Yep Athena, that's the one I was looking for, thanks.
                                You're welcome Blue!
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X