Serenity (Firefly) Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imo
    You don't mean the chinese insult about the bodily functions of an elefant do you?

This one has to be my fav insult;
    'Wuh duh ma huh ta duh fung-kwong duh wai-shung doh'
    It translates as "Holy mother of god and all her wacky Nephews"
    No it's in English... it has to do with kissing. It's just not polite...

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
      No it's in English... it has to do with kissing. It's just not polite...

-IMF
      Ah, that quote. That's a funny one.

Another favourite. "Jayne go play with your rainstick"

Comment

These are all from 'Objects in Space'

Jayne: Anyone remember (River) coming at me with a knife?
        Wash: Wacky times.

Jayne: If wishes were horses we'd all eat steak.

Early: Where'd (River) go?
        Simon: I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporeally possessing a spaceship - don't look at me.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
          These are all from 'Objects in Space'

Jayne: Anyone remember (River) coming at me with a knife?
          Wash: Wacky times.

Jayne: If wishes were horses we'd all eat steak.

Early: Where'd (River) go?
          Simon: I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporeally possessing a spaceship - don't look at me.
          And the tag end to the wacky times:

Jayne: You wanna go somewhere little man?
          Wash: Only if it has candlelight.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
            And the tag end to the wacky times:

Jayne: You wanna go somewhere little man?
            Wash: Only if it has candlelight.
            I wish there was more Jayne/Wash banter

Jayne: ('reading' from Simon's journal) 'Dear Diary. Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hillfolk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever!'

Mal: Well, my days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
              I wish there was more Jayne/Wash banter

Jayne: ('reading' from Simon's journal) 'Dear Diary. Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hillfolk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever!'

Mal: Well, my days of taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

Indeed! I loved Jayne/Wash banter!

I loved that line that Mal said. I was like just laughing so hard at that line, and the look on Jayne's face! Priceless!
              ~Athena

Comment

Just some Wash goodness

Wash: Every planet has its own weird customs. About a year before we met, I spent six weeks on a moon where the principal form of recreation was juggling geese. My hand of god. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.

And the full Wizard World Serenity panel vid is on the net, enjoy
                http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie032105b.php

Comment

Oh, and one of my personal favorites:

Wash: Yes, she's in congress with the devil—
                  Jayne: She's in Congress?

And for fun:

Wash: What could it be? We're doomed! Who's flying this thing? ...Oh, right. That'd be me.

Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Here's my quotes for the day

Mal: Ship like this, be with you until the day you die.
                    Zoe: That's because it's a deathtrap.

Wash: I am a large, semi-muscular man. I can take it.

River: What am I?
                    Simon: You are my beautiful sister.
                    River: I threw up on your bed.
                    Simon: Yep, definitely my sister.

And just for the hell of it here's a nice pic of Adam from the set
                    http://img202.exs.cx/img202/5692/adamandbobsm9hq.jpg
                    courtesy of fireflydvd.com

Comment

Things I do. I got my college library to buy the series so I could show it to my students.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                        Things I do. I got my college library to buy the series so I could show it to my students.
                        What do you teach your students that is Firefly related?

I love Jayne's t-shirts, I have one printed up with Blue Sun and the Fighting Elves.

And following on from Mel's favourites:
                        Wash: Yes, she's in congress with the devil—
                        Jayne: She's in Congress?

Wash: How did your brain master human speech?

My lecturer was going to show a video clip from BSG but of course he couldn't get the video player to work.

Comment

I love Jayne's t-shirts, I have one printed up with Blue Sun and the Fighting Elves.
                          Ah, I'm jealous I want
                          I've got a wanted poster for Wash on my jeans
                          http://img238.exs.cx/img238/5830/washl2zs.jpg

Comment

The shop that printed out my t-shirts went out of business , still looking around for another one.

Printed it out on your jeans? Hmm... sound interesting, on one of the legs right? It's just not right if it were printed on the ass. Someone came up with good two toned posters for Jayne, Mal and Inara.

If you want I can email you the pic of the Fighting Elves. I like that one particularly because of the tale behind that, the one of the 28 elves of nature fighting it out for all eternity.

Comment

Printed it out on your jeans? Hmm... sound interesting, on one of the legs right? It's just not right if it were printed on the ass. Someone came up with good two toned posters for Jayne, Mal and Inara.
                              yeah its on the left thigh The place I find good designs is http://home.att.net/~the11thhour/ but it dosen't have the wanted posters up anymore (if anybody wants any just PM me)

If you want I can email you the pic of the Fighting Elves. I like that one particularly because of the tale behind that, the one of the 28 elves of nature fighting it out for all eternity.
                              Yes please thanks

Comment

Fighting Elves

And for good measure:
                                Firefly Class
                                Blue Sun

Do you have the Serenity one where it's written over a sun in both Mandarin and English, it was supposed to have been the logo for the new movie?

Comment

Working...
                                X