Serenity (Firefly) Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imo
    Yeah you REALLY don't want to be spoiled for this film. I thought I had been spoiled, but what I'd read turned out to be a total lie. YAY
    I'm a total spoiler whore when it comes to other things, and that never really affects my viewing experience. But with this, stay as clean as you can, it is so worth it.
    I was spoiled for several things, including several major things, but until they happened I had totally forgotten about them.

Comment

The Serenity trailer is gonna be in Aus cinemas from July 28th

and just a quick reminder, Summer Glau's episode of The 4400 is on Tuesday at 8.40.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
      DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

i just saw the show for the first time but i missed like the first 25 mins. it seem petty good but the end of the ep kind of reminded me of a a anime called outlaw star but i dout any of u have seen it

Comment

Originally posted by lord-anubis
          i just saw the show for the first time but i missed like the first 25 mins. it seem petty good but the end of the ep kind of reminded me of a a anime called outlaw star but i dout any of u have seen it
          Is that exactly a bad thing (ending resembling Outlaw Star)?
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
            Is that exactly a bad thing (ending resembling Outlaw Star)?
            no i was just saying it was kind of like that. can some one give me like a lilttle summery of what happened in the first 30 mins beascue i only saw the 2 half.

Comment

At the start the crew illegally salvage a stash of Alliance goods from a derelict ship. They just manage to escape another Alliance ship which turn's up. However, the cargo has been tagged by the Alliance, and Badger (who they are working for) pulls out of the deal. So the Serenity crew must travel elsewhere to sell them to somebody else. They deside to go see Patience, who owns a large amount of land on a moon called Whitefall, although last time her and Mal met she shot him. So the crew are suspicious about seeing her. While they are on Persephone, they pick up passengers –- Simon, Book, and a fellow named Dobson.

You would have seen the rest, hope that helps.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

You forgot to mention the end of the war for independence. Mal and Zoe were "Browncoats" fighting in Serenity valley against the dominant power, the Alliance. Due to heavy casualties, in the end, the independents or "browncoats" lost and surrendered.

Showed bits of it to my "kiddies" on Thurs...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Oh yeah, woops...

I'm doing the whole marathon thing again, watched the first disc last night. I'm getting totaly obsessive not like I wasn't already... but this is a new level for me, I was up till about 2am making Firefly sigs

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                    Oh yeah, woops...

I'm doing the whole marathon thing again, watched the first disc last night. I'm getting totaly obsessive not like I wasn't already... but this is a new level for me, I was up till about 2am making Firefly sigs
                    I like the Inara and Wash one the best. But all of them are Shiny.

I hope we don't experiance any technical difficulties for the Perth screening.

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                    Showed bits of it to my "kiddies" on Thurs...
                    What bits did you show your students? How'd they react? Much the same way as Sheps students?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      What bits did you show your students? How'd they react? Much the same way as Sheps students?
                      They were at a slight disadvantage... they only heard sounds but didn't see the pics... It was a listening activity for them. I played them bits from the "Serenity" episode and they had to guess the context, that sort of thing. The bit in Serenity Valley was easy for them but it got increasingly harder as the speaking got quicker.
                      Well, so they said...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

The stylised dialogue (Mal's frontier style of talking) didn't put them off?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
                          Oh yeah, woops...

And do you have a Mal one? Am thinking of doing one but I've taken off Photoshop in preparation for a HDD reformat.

Comment

There's a Mal one there, but I don't like it that much, so I'm making a new one It'll be more like the Wash one.

Oh yeah if anybody wants to use them for anything, go right ahead.

Comment

I quite like the Mal one but hey, happy to see the next version before I ditch the lovely Mr Thornton in favour of Captain Tightpants.

Comment

Okay here's the new Mal one.

I also did a new bunch of similar ones for the rest of the cast

Comment

Working...
                                X