Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have seen this movie before I saw the series and I watched again after watching the whole series and IMHO the series was better. I am not accepting Wash's death in my AU it did not happen him and Zoe have a happy ending along with Kaylee and Simon and Mal and Inara I felt like this movie was rushed in some places. I was not attached to Book so that one can stay he can remain a mystery. I did like it wrapped up some storylines and answered questions.
    sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Serenity was the best movie ever made, IMHO. Even in my NSHO.

Chrisisall
      Late to the Gate

Comment

I've an question to the movie "Serenity"!
        I'm from germany and I don't know...is this movie aired in germany or not? Is it a spoiler for germany or was this movie aired in germany?

Life is short...

Comment

I don't know whether it was in theaters or not, but you should be able to buy or rent the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah_uk View Post
            I didn't cry at Books death
            Book was very underused in the movie, and his death was very underwhelming and anticlimactic. But I must say that this was a movie of few flaws. It was amazing!
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
              Book was very underused in the movie, and his death was very underwhelming and anticlimactic. But I must say that this was a movie of few flaws. It was amazing!
              I think Joss was disappointed with his storyline as well and there's a comic written by Joss himself about Book due out soon (if it's not out already) ~ Joss had so much to cram into that movie to wrap up his vision/story arc. Had the series continued, I'm sure there would've been much more to Book.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                No. I saw it before i even knew what a Browncoat was. I remember seeing the adds on tv while it was at the movies, and thought it sounded cool, but never got round to seeing it on the big screen. I ended up seeing it on dvd, and then got into the series a few months later, and havent looked back since
                Yeah, I got a free dvd with a load of film trailers on it and Serenity definitely caught my attention. But I refused to watch it without first seeing the movie (I'm like that with films of books, too) so I bought the series and watched it all a few days before seeing it. As a result, when Wash died at the end I was sobbing my little heart and all my non-Firefly-watching friends were just 'aww... that's kinda sad.' They didn't feel my pain! But I'm happily converting as many people as I can to the awesomeness that is Firefly - I haven't failed yet! How could I? It's too good ^^
                sigpic

Both sigs made by the lovely Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by Hannanora View Post
                  Yeah, I got a free dvd with a load of film trailers on it and Serenity definitely caught my attention. But I refused to watch it without first seeing the movie (I'm like that with films of books, too) so I bought the series and watched it all a few days before seeing it. As a result, when Wash died at the end I was sobbing my little heart and all my non-Firefly-watching friends were just 'aww... that's kinda sad.' They didn't feel my pain! But I'm happily converting as many people as I can to the awesomeness that is Firefly - I haven't failed yet! How could I? It's too good ^^

I had the same reaction as you did! I saw the movie the day after I finished watching the whole series. When Wash died I was freaking out! It took me a few minutes to stop crying...

Comment

Originally posted by Vala-SG-Teyla View Post
                    I've an question to the movie "Serenity"!
                    I'm from germany and I don't know...is this movie aired in germany or not? Is it a spoiler for germany or was this movie aired in germany?
                    Serenity premiered in Germany 25th November, 2005, so definitely not a spoiler, though it may not have been screened on that many cinemas. I know at least in Norway there were only a couple of the bigger cities that got to show it, much to my annoyance.

Luckily I live in the town that got to screen it first, as part of a film festival (only weeks after it premiered in the US). I went to watch it all three nights. Then several months later (Serenity premiered 4th December, 2005 i Norway) it was shown four other places in the country. Despite having seen it on the festival, I still went and saw it on the opening night

It should be pretty easy for you to buy it on DVD.
                    sigpic
                    My Site || My Blog

Comment

Serenity is going to be on SciFi on Feb. 12 at 9pm est.

Comment

Originally posted by Krissie678 View Post
                        Serenity is going to be on SciFi on Feb. 12 at 9pm est.
                        I watched it! The second time i've seen in a while since it first cmae out, I forgot how amazing it is! I miss the days when Firefly was on every Friday on Sci-Fi. Never saw it on Fox or knew about until I got Sci-fi from my cable company, it was the first show I started to watch when I first got Sci-Fi.

Comment

i love serenity and firefly and wats really unfortunate is that the show is better than half the crap we have on now...and was the last good thing joss whedon ever did....dollhouse blows

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                            i love serenity and firefly and wats really unfortunate is that the show is better than half the crap we have on now...and was the last good thing joss whedon ever did....dollhouse blows
                            I concur. Firefly/Serenity was incredible. It's a crime that it didn't get to air at least one full season and more. And Dollhouse does suck. A lot.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                              I concur. Firefly/Serenity was incredible. It's a crime that it didn't get to air at least one full season and more. And Dollhouse does suck. A lot.
                              Wow. Total de ja vu looking at your post. I get that like 2 times a day. Oh and i really hope they will make a second firefly movie, even if it is direct-2-dvd. I am also so sad that firefly only got one season. It deserved at least 3.
                              sigpic

Comment

mabye 4
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X