Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serenity: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
    Absolutly, and by the sounds of it you haven't even gotten to the best episodes yet!
    ive just finished watching bushwhacked, and i really enjoyed that one. judging by the ones ive watched so far i dont think there will be any episode that i dont like. its just a shame that they only made one series

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
      its just a shame that they only made one series
      That was one of the worst mistakes in television history imo. The show could have gone far, but the network stuffed it up...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
        ive just finished watching bushwhacked, and i really enjoyed that one. judging by the ones ive watched so far i dont think there will be any episode that i dont like. its just a shame that they only made one series
        Heart of Gold is the only real miss in the series and it's not that bad. The people who run Fox are a bunch of frakking idiots.....

Of course they're rakking in the $$$ from it though.....Firefly is everywhere here, displayed at the front of practically every store that sells DVD's. Pretty crazy.

I wonder if it would have gotten this big if it hadn't been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
          That was one of the worst mistakes in television history imo. The show could have gone far, but the network stuffed it up...
          Exactly, tv executive moronity at it's worst?/best?

Comment

Heart of Gold is the only real miss in the series and it's not that bad. The people who run Fox are a bunch of frakking idiots.....

Of course they're rakking in the $$$ from it though.....Firefly is everywhere here, displayed at the front of practically every store that sells DVD's. Pretty crazy.

I wonder if it would have gotten this big if it hadn't been cancelled.
            your right they are idiots. i dont know if the show would have been this big but they could have a least given it a decent shot, they didnt really give it any time to take off in my opinion

sig by starlover1990

Comment

i know someone who went to school with joss, he's the one who told me to watch buffy when it first came out, since then i've watched everything he did,
              firefly is amazing, and no way should it have been cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by jesserella
                i know someone who went to school with joss, he's the one who told me to watch buffy when it first came out, since then i've watched everything he did,
                firefly is amazing, and no way should it have been cancelled
                Very cool- did he say what Joss was like in school (if your friend knew him well enough)? Was he always this funny?

Comment

i think they were pretty good friends, all he's said is that joss has always been really motivated n he didn't like what the directer did to alien ressurection

Comment

Very cool- did he say what Joss was like in school (if your friend knew him well enough)? Was he always this funny?
                    I suspect that Joss was never cool. Lad is a geek and appeals to same. Compliment for those about pounce. Who else would take seriously the question, "Who does actually win, Cavemen or Austronauts?"

Comment

Joss admits that he's a geek, and I admire him for doing so. And he creates elaborate science fiction universes and complex characters, making my geekiness seem tame by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                        Joss admits that he's a geek, and I admire him for doing so. And he creates elaborate science fiction universes and complex characters, making my geekiness seem tame by comparison.
                        Joss is the ultimate geek.....he's like the geek god.....that makes him very cool.

Comment

I suspect that Joss finds it slightly befuddling that he's considered both a geek and very cool.

Comment

Joss is the ultimate geek.....he's like the geek god.....that makes him very cool.
                            I like your new firefly signature Trek_Girl42. Looks awesome
                            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                              I suspect that Joss finds it slightly befuddling that he's considered both a geek and very cool.
                              I figure he can handle it. Geeks are cool! Never forget that! Hallowed is Joss!

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie
                                I like your new firefly signature Trek_Girl42. Looks awesome
                                Thanks! Suekay made it and did a lovely job.

Comment

Working...
                                X