Serenity (2005) Discussion Thread Contains All Manner of Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    The romance/angst between Mal and Inara was at a good level. I still think something (not sure what) happened between the two of them between the movie and the series.

I guess for the newbies she kinda represented a hope for Mal.
    The comic book tie-ins cover the time gap. I'm still waiting for the 3rd one, but they so far already indicate why Book left, and whats going on between Mal and Inara.

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
    DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

The romance/angst between Mal and Inara was at a good level. I still think something (not sure what) happened between the two of them between the movie and the series.

I thought it was well-done too...
      What you say makes a lot of sense because it was a bit of a surprise that everyone else on the ship seemed to know that he was pining for her... There was no indication that anyone knew about them previously. Kaylee was pretty outright about it and the others were eavesdropping on their conversation.

I wonder too if her leaving had something to do with his going over the edge...

I do like the "trap" banter... that was fun...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Mal: Y'all were watching?
        Everyone sort of mumbles yes.
        Mal: You see us fight?
        Kaylee: No...
        Mal: Trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
          The comic book tie-ins cover the time gap. I'm still waiting for the 3rd one, but they so far already indicate why Book left, and whats going on between Mal and Inara.
          Where can we get them? I would really like to read them.
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
            I love that bit because it's so true to life. You just know that Mal has to come back with a smartarse line yet because it's so true to life he can only come back with the dumb one.
            Yeah... I loved it too. But what I liked even more was the look on his face... priceless...
            sigpic

Comment

Too true. You just don't expect someone to say yes.

Flashbacks for Book and Wash? I'd hate to them not be there for the sequel, even if it was just for one scene.

Comment

Isn't there a site where they can be found? Some place run by a fan? I want the Mal cover, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                  Where can we get them? I would really like to read them.
                  You'll probably have to hunt around for the fist one, but most comic book stores have have the second one in now. 3rd ones out next week I think.

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

On some level I think Kaylee knew in the series. Not sure about the others.

My this thread has grown.

Comment

There was a scar on Mal's body, I think it was on his left shoulder. Was that in reference to anything in the series? I thought it might have been from 'The Train Job' when Niska's henchman threw that knife into his shoulder.

Of course it could have been some unnamed war wound to illustrate that the nerve cluster has been damaged. It could have also been on his back. My memory is fuzzy.

Comment

Some reference to the comic books...
                        http://www.comicbookresources.com/ne...em.cgi?id=5335

Yeah... I noticed the scar too...
                        But I thought it was related to the comment his makes to The Operative later.
                        sigpic

Comment

A Mal without a shirt scene! The coooooorrrrrs from the audience....

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                            Isn't there a site where they can be found? Some place run by a fan? I want the Mal cover, obviously.
                            They're published by Dark Horses so you might be able to get it through their wesite. Otherwise most big comic book stores can order it in for you. Ask around on Serenity Oz alot of people there got their's online.

Comment

Did you guys get the Serenity Coming Soon brochure...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                                Yeah... I noticed the scar too...
                                But I thought it was related to the comment his makes to The Operative later.
                                Nah, I think its the one from Train Job (its in the same place), looks like its an inside nod to the fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X