No announcement yet.

Serenity (2005) Discussion Thread Contains All Manner of Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad that he put to rest those dreadful rumours about Alan Tudyk not wanting to commit to sequels...

Thanks for the link...
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
      I'm listening to it now and its surprisingly good audio quality
      It's very good. Whoever that person is must have been sitting in a good spot. You can hear us laughing at the Inara's box question. We were sitting right in front of that guy.

Comment

Thats us!?! oh dear....

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
        DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Must have been sitting really close to us because the guy who asked the X-Men comic question is also very loud on it.

Comment

Originally posted by starbucker1
            Now Playing talks to Joss Whedon about "Serenity" sequels:

http://www.nowplayingmag.com/content/view/2186/2/

Cool.
            Well I guess we'll know in a little over a month if we're gonna get more films..... Ahhhh the waits killing me....

DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

well i just saw every ep of firefly i rented the dvd. i love the show i kind of rminded me of anime called outlawstar. my fave line is when river told jayne that she could kill him with her mind lol. i hope the moive does good so they well make the other tv moives. the only reason i watched the show is cuz i saw the tariler of the moive and i saw that one part. were that guy goes im unarmed and mel pulls out his gun and shoots him once i saw that i said i got to the the show lol. i also leaned that wash was steve the prite on the dougeball moive.

sorry if all the miss spelling and if that makes no sents its late and i wanted to write this down while the eps are still fresh in my mind

Comment

I'm glad you love the series, I thought you might wanna know that we have a spoiler free thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...0&page=1&pp=20. Hopefully you haven't already been spoiled, trust me this film is best seen that way.

Comment

I've just been rewatching "Serenity" the pilot and am seeing all kinds of parallels with the film...
                  I'm sure it's deliberate but it even has a similar feel but of course the film is bigger, wider and bloodier...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

What do you think of the difference between the Mal of Serenity and the Mal of Serenity? Or don't you see a difference? I see him as a lot more shut down in the film.

Comment

Oh, he's different...
                      A lot darker... edgier... like a man who is on the brink... who has really lost his way in the woods and this time he's not liking it...
                      The comic certainly charts that progression. It's probably a result of losing both Inara and Book, two people he secretly cares about and has lost. Okay, so it's not so secret with Inara in the film. There's this lovely moment in the comic book when Wash says to Mal about his (Wash) doing stupid things because of Zoe and then goes on to say something about Mal doing something stupid to hold on to the woman he loves for as long as possible. But then Wash says something to the effect of "this kind of stupid I understand or I can live with".
                      *Sigh* I wish I had those comic books with me...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm... I think I may need to get my grubby little hands on them comic books!

Hey SS! *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*

Sig courtesy of InvisibleGirl
                        Proud to be an Aussie - the Calling all Australians thread.

My incredibly boring blog!

Comment

Originally posted by undomesticated_equine
                          Hmm... I think I may need to get my grubby little hands on them comic books!

Hey SS! *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*
                          Are you suggesting that I allow you to look at the one that says "To Maura from Joss Whedon, Talking at you!"

Comment

Heh heh!

I guess that'd be a 'over my grosse and corpsified body' then, eh?

Comment

That'd be right!

You coming with me to the pictures on Thursday?

Comment

Don't know yet. I may be off walking, or in Melbourne... won't know till later in the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X