A new fan's view of the show+questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
    I'm not a good spotter. I don't know how I noticed this, but I did.
    You can't be serious (tight outfit). Are you sure? That's the funniest thing I've heard/
    Yeah it was a very restrictive outfit apparently, a lot of Scorpy's style of movement and bearing is born in part out of the difficulty of moving around in the outfit.

The heat and hectic filming schedules were a lot to blame as well. From S2 or maybe S3 onwards they didn't have a proper shooting set and were just shooting out of a big tent or lot or whatever. Australia is famous for its rapid shooting schedules meaning long days on set as well. Combine with the heat over there and it wasn't the most comfortable working environment for the cast.

I've heard it said in interview with various cast members that there was hardly a one out of them that didn't take a trip to the emergency room from passing out due to heat exhaustion. With the nature of Scorpy's outfit covering his head I guess that made it worse but he did mention the tightness making it difficult to breathe! Virginia Hey apparently poisoned by her makeup, Wayne Pygram hospitalised by his outfit, Claudia Black accidentally assaulted by a guest star while shooting a stunt sequence in the dark.. they suffered to bring us this wonderful show
    "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
      YThe heat and hectic filming schedules were a lot to blame as well. From S2 or maybe S3 onwards they didn't have a proper shooting set and were just shooting out of a big tent or lot or whatever. Australia is famous for its rapid shooting schedules meaning long days on set as well. Combine with the heat over there and it wasn't the most comfortable working environment for the cast.
      Heat? I thought that was a cooling suit.

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
      I've heard it said in interview with various cast members that there was hardly a one out of them that didn't take a trip to the emergency room from passing out due to heat exhaustion. With the nature of Scorpy's outfit covering his head I guess that made it worse but he did mention the tightness making it difficult to breathe! Virginia Hey apparently poisoned by her makeup, Wayne Pygram hospitalised by his outfit, Claudia Black accidentally assaulted by a guest star while shooting a stunt sequence in the dark.. they suffered to bring us this wonderful show
      LMAO what a dangerous show.
      Even though I hate the idea of Zhaan's death. She's the only one that did the right choice.
      I heard that there was a show that Michael J. Fox was working on and 4 of those who work on the show including him caught the Parkinson diseases that he has now and it's a rare disease. Looks like it's a dangerous career.

Comment

Episode(416)- Bringing Home The Beacon
        -Comments:
        1- Seriously this is too much. First Zhaan died and I said why not continue to watch the show coz maybe it'll turn out to be good. Stark, Aeryn and Chiana are still there, and the rest of season 3 was good, then Stark left and I didn't stop watching it either, then now Aeryn is gone??!!!! What is gonna happen next? Kill off Chiana??!!!! I can't take this anymore.
        2- This episode felt kinda different to me. I don't know why, but it did. I did like it. The problem is, that's not the type of comedy that I like.
        3- Francesca Bueller was not as good as she was while doing the other characters. This one had noting special in the performance.
        4- Yeah like the Scarrans would accept a truce.

One Question: What's the species of Sikozu?

Comment

4- I didn't believe that Chiana did this, but I hate Aeryn for cutting that.
          I guess she finally ran out of men...

6- It wasn't Macton's fault that Lo'Laan died, but to beat her like that even after she's dead. He's really sick.
          He did that to make it look like D'Argo beat her to death during hyper-rage..
          And in a way, it was his (and the other Sebaceans/PKs) fault if he/they hadn't been so intolerent about D'Argo and Lo'laan's relationship, it never would have happened...

One Question: What's the species of Sikozu?
          Kaleesh.
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
            Kaleesh.
            Will we ever find out more about them? I hate those things printed on Sikozu's face.

Comment

A little more near the end, yeah. Maybe not quite as much as some of the other species, but still...
              But I thought Sikozu's skin was quite funky.
              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

You mean you haven't read the title of this thread?
                What made you think of that?
                So does that mean you spoiled something for me without even me nowing?

You mean I'll get the answer later?
                no i didn't, just was a little confused at first.

and what jelgate said
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  no i didn't
                  Other than the fact that I now know for sure that Sikozu and Scorpy are gonna get romantically involved.
                  Your question in your earlier post meant that.

Comment

Episode(417)- Constellation Of Doubt
                    -Comments:
                    1- All of this reminded me of season 1 which I really miss. It was great.
                    2- One of the best episodes ever. This one's a classic.
                    3- Dr. Edith Anderson along with the buddhist were the funniest of all.
                    4- What really made me sad is when Rygel said something like humans fear anything they haven't discovered all by themselves.
                    5- Awesome... we never give up. Just like the Asgards said that we have great potential. Are TPTB of both shows, the only ones that know that?!!! Because I realized that many people don't know that yet.
                    6- I didn't see a reason to discuss religions here.
                    7- Noranti is really wise. She summed u many important points. (In other words, TPTB are the ones that are smart). I'm not talking about her religious talk coz I don't agree with it and like I said, it's pointless.
                    8- It's true. Aeryn's tell are her eyes. Black's a brilliant actress for doing that, though I'm not so sure about Browder.
                    9- They are suffering because of this search, but they're not telling John they are. Except for Sikozu of course.
                    10- I feel sorry for Crichton that only one of his friends likes Earth.
                    11- Chiana is like an ignorant person.
                    12- That is one of the saddest episodes ever, but it still joins the list of my favorites of season 4, maybe even my favorite of season 4 so far and maybe even one of my favorites ones of the whole show. My thrill is at its peak now.
                    -Questions:
                    1- I didn't understand the part where Crichton apparently realized something when he saw half of Sikozu's face and remembered the unrealized reality Sikozu and Aeryn words. What does that mean? What did he realize and what does it have to do with half of Sikozu's face?
                    2- What does "You get more juice from Dawson's Creek" mean? And what is Dawson's Creek.
                    3- How exactly did Scorpy set John up?
                    4- Will we really see a continuation of "Alien Visitation" in the few upcoming episodes?

Why are they always the good episodes that are followed by the cancellation news? Is it intentional? I was happy about the episode, but all was gone when I found out it was when the news were out. I felt like I was there during the announcement of these shocking news. I really feel sad for this, just like I did for SG1 and SGA.
                    So I wanted to know what each one of you felt like when you knew about this, even if you weren't there when it happened just like I wasn't? And what was your first reaction?

Comment

Episode(417)- Constellation Of Doubt

-Questions:
                      1- I didn't understand the part where Crichton apparently realized something when he saw half of Sikozu's face and remembered the unrealized reality Sikozu and Aeryn words. What does that mean? What did he realize and what does it have to do with half of Sikozu's face?
                      2- What does "You get more juice from Dawson's Creek" mean? And what is Dawson's Creek.
                      3- How exactly did Scorpy set John up?
                      4- Will we really see a continuation of "Alien Visitation" in the few upcoming episodes?

Why are they always the good episodes that are followed by the cancellation news? Is it intentional? I was happy about the episode, but all was gone when I found out it was when the news were out. I felt like I was there during the announcement of these shocking news. I really feel sad for this, just like I did for SG1 and SGA.
                      So I wanted to know what each one of you felt like when you knew about this, even if you weren't there when it happened just like I wasn't? And what was your first reaction?
                      This was a great episode.

1. It was the unrealized reality were Sikozu was Stark...hence the face plate/half face. Something that "Stark" says is very important for finding Aeryn.

2. Dawson's Creek is a tv show that no longer is on that focused on teenagers. I guess having sex and whatever. Never watched it myself, but Chiana talking about sex at such a young age was no more provocative than what is shown on tv is what the statement is referring to.

3. I'm guessing John is referring to when they split up because Scorpy insisted they go see Katoya for info and mental training thus because of this he thinks Scorpy had some knowledge of what was going on at the place Aeryn and the others went to...that Braca and Graza would be there as well as Scarrans.

4. No. That's all we see.

My reaction to the cancellation... Can't exactly recall my reaction to be honest. I started watching Farscape somewhere around the end of season two back when the show originally aired. I'm sure I was sad/mad as I quite enjoyed the show, but I certainly didn't appreciate/love Farscape nearly as much as I do now. (It's my favorite show.) I'm sure I was mad because the cliffhanger is one hell of a cliffhanger to leave on. But there is the Peacekeeper Wars mini series to at least give the show some resolution.
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                        My reaction to the cancellation... Can't exactly recall my reaction to be honest. I started watching Farscape somewhere around the end of season two back when the show originally aired. I'm sure I was sad/mad as I quite enjoyed the show, but I certainly didn't appreciate/love Farscape nearly as much as I do now. (It's my favorite show.) I'm sure I was mad because the cliffhanger is one hell of a cliffhanger to leave on. But there is the Peacekeeper Wars mini series to at least give the show some resolution.
                        Your favorite? You like it more than SG? You gotta be kidding be.

Comment

Episode(418)- Prayer
                          -Comments:
                          1- After "A Constellation of Doubt", this one doesn't feel very good.
                          2- The ending scenes were awesome.
                          3- Never thought Aeryn would break. Now I think she qualifies as a good mother.
                          4- Everyone still cares, except for Sikozu. I'm surprised she didn't want to stay for Scorpy.
                          5- Performance of Sikozu/Stark has improved since last time. Same goes for Aeryn/Chiana.
                          6- I'm still amazed by Rygel's reactions and gasps.

Can't wait for the trilogy.

Comment

Your favorite? You like it more than SG? You gotta be kidding be.
                            Nope.

I do enjoy it more than SG-1 mainly because of the characters. Farscape, imo, had more complex characters and relationships. Scorpious is one of my all-time favorite characters. I love SG-1, mostly for the early seasons though, but between the two, Farscape easily wins out. And I like SG-1 more than I like SGA and SGU.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              And I like SG-1 more than I like SGA and SGU.
                              There ya go. That's the keyword. You nailed it.. You understand SG.
                              That's why I'll forgive you for liking Farscape more than SG.

Comment

Episode(419)- We're So Screwed(1):Fetal Attraction
                                -Comments:
                                1- Now that I'm nearing the end, I feel so sad. I don't want i to end so soon. Why did I have to go so quickly through the show?!!!!
                                2- I knew Harvey was still there. I said it earlier.
                                3- WOW. Noranti's first kill. And Rygel was so good at calming her down. I liked it when he said "Welcome To Moya". This is so true.
                                4- All those kills, how can they live with that??!!! Is their conscious dead or something??!!!
                                5- All of what Aeryn's gone gone through. How can she bear all that??!!!!!
                                6- The plan was very well made and Rygel is both funny and a genius, but the ending is not good for Scorpy or John. I'm sure the ending of the next will be horrible.
                                -Question:How come the Scarrans don't know that's Scorpius? How many half breeds are there!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X