Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
    SGU utterly fails in comparison
    Well, it's a bit unfair to compare the 2 (tho' comparing the 1.5 seasons of SGU w/ Farscape's first 2 seasons...hehehe. Yeah. Still unfair: Farscape's on a whole different level, IMHO ): first, it seems that SGU won't get another season (so it'll be shorter, or any attempt at resolution at this junction will probably feel rushed), and SGU, while also a 'space opera', is going for a different 'feel' (i.e., it's going for that gritty/serious feel, whereas Farscape, while also serious at times, tended to be lighthearted and crazy ).

Don't get me wrong: I like SGU, but I love Farscape.

The only 'fail' in SGU, IMHO, is that it isn't, as far as I know, getting another season.
    Spoiler:
    that and killing Ginn! *boo! hiss!*
    sigpic

Comment

So, I've started with Farspace. Finished with episode 14 last night. Gotta say that it's one strange, peculiar and surprising show. It took time to get used to, I'm not entirely sold yet. I'm loving alien lifeforms and shocking twists. So far favourite character is Zhaan.
      Last edited by Egle01; 26 February 2011, 03:02 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

I finished season 4 a few days ago WOW!! great season, I am SO glad there is the Peacekeeper Wars to finish out the story. Would have been real pissed if the last ep of season 4 was the end no resolution..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          So, I've started with Farspace. Finished with episode 14 last night. Gotta say that it's one strange, peculiar and surprising show. It took time to get used to, I'm entirely sold yet. I'm loving alien lifeforms and shocking twists. So far favourite character is Zhaan.
          It only gets stranger, perculiarer, surprisinglyer, betterer, twistier... and more leather. Oh yeah, I think you'll enjoy the ride.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            It only gets stranger, perculiarer, surprisinglyer, betterer, twistier... and more leather. Oh yeah, I think you'll enjoy the ride.
            Don't you mean leatherer? Okay, looking forward to it all then.
            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, it took my a while to get into it too (really, probably the 2nd season, but I don't really have a "this was it moment".) Eventually it just clicked, your reaction seems to be just like mine was.

Comment

I remember liking this show from the very start. I was hooked by the fifth or sixth episode.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just one more thing - should've cleared that bit in the beginning - the show does have an ending, right? I know it got miniseries to wrap up the cliffhanger, but I've also read/heard fans wishing for season 5. Does it mean that the end wasn't very conclusive?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    Just one more thing - should've cleared that bit in the beginning - the show does have an ending, right? I know it got miniseries to wrap up the cliffhanger, but I've also read/heard fans wishing for season 5. Does it mean that the end wasn't very conclusive?
                    There's an ending, it's somewhat open ended (which allows the comics to continue and could allow for more shows), but the miniseries wraps up all the major plotlines developed in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      There's an ending, it's somewhat open ended (which allows the comics to continue and could allow for more shows), but the miniseries wraps up all the major plotlines developed in the series.
                      Alright, thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

With Farscape, at least IMO, there are just so many stories left to tell. This show easily could have gone 2 or 3 more seasons.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I remember scifi aired "PK Tech Girl" a week or so before the pilot as a sneak peak. I can only assume the network was worried that the pilot wouldn't grab people.

I lost track of the show until I caught an airing of "Nerve". From that point on I was hooked! I even bought the first season DVD from the UK since it wasn't yet available in the US. I never enjoyed watching DVDs of a show more than catching up on the first season episodes of Farscape.
                          Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            With Farscape, at least IMO, there are just so many stories left to tell. This show easily could have gone 2 or 3 more seasons.
                            Wish it could have gone more seasons too. It was over way too soon.
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                              Wish it could have gone more seasons too. It was over way too soon.
                              That is why I love the comics so much. At this point, they are what I am used to. I love being able to read a little more about their continuing adventures each month.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just started watching the show on Netflix. Never watched the whole series, but aim to now.
                                MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
                                MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
                                POLARIS TORONTO 2007
                                CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
                                GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
                                VCON VANCOUVER 2010
                                FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X