New FARSCAPE fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intrepid View Post
    I am just glad we have the comics that are coming out once a month to continue the series after the peacekeeper wars. Good to see what would of been happening and were the story would have gone if a season 5 & 6 were allowed to be developed.
    I am extremely grateful for the comics as well. I am still trying to get a hold of issue #14 sadly. No comic shops around me have it in, so I had to order it online today. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Good God, just watched the first episode of Farscape today through Netflix. I need to get the complete series immediately, after one episode I'm already amazed.

Comment

It's been almost 3 yrs since I sat down and watched Farscape from one end to the other and now I'm on my way back through it again. It's rather bittersweet, every time I watch I still am in amazement at how well done the show is, but also it's sad to think that a show that good hasn't been brought back to life. The comics are ok, but they really don't do it for me. I had high hopes for the webisodes, but I don't know if that's even a possibility anymore.

Still, after almost 3 viewings, I'm finding more to like about Farscape with each episode. I don't believe I've ever enjoyed a re-watch more than I do with this one.

Comment

Potential new fan here. I've been thinking about watching this show. So far the SG-1 "200" sequence is, well, only thing Farscape I've ever seen. I could use a little more convincing.
          sigpic

Comment

@Egle01:
            Well, with the Peacekeeper Wars DVD (which wraps up the series), it's just around 72 dollars on amazon.com.
            (I got it when it was still on pre-order...so more than a hundred for just the complete series box)

As for the show itself: great characters and character development, great story, great visuals, great music (esp. by season 3 onwards). As w/ most series, tho', it isn't perfect, and some episodes aren't so great, but all of them have great moments.
            I think it's become my favourite space opera.
            Of course, as a fan, I could be biased...

Warning: if you do get the series, watch it all first before watching the commentaries, as many (most/all?) of them have spoilers (and not just for the season the commentary is at)
            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'll go and check some trailers and fan videos at YouTube.
              sigpic

Comment

no prob. if you have more specific questions, feel free to ask and I (or the others here, I guess ) will try to answer best I can.

as for fanvids: beware of spoilers.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                  as for fanvids: beware of spoilers.
                  No worries. My memory is bad enough that I won't remember a thing afterwards. Besides, without knowing characters and storylines, big spoilers aren't standing out for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Up to episode 13 of season 1 for me. Got it for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it. There's been a few not great episodes, but as I plow through, it's getting better.

What wa the peacekeeper wars thing?
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                      Up to episode 13 of season 1 for me. Got it for Christmas. I'm really enjoying it. There's been a few not great episodes, but as I plow through, it's getting better.

What wa the peacekeeper wars thing?
                      Its a miniseries to wrap up the cliffhanger from S4. To explain the plot behind it would result in massive spoilers.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Is there any way to get it that isn't $72? Why the heck wasn't it on the complete series set?

EDIT: Its 10.99 on amazon. Ordered it. Prior question still stands.
                        sigpic

Comment

You get if free if your a Netflix customer like me
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
                            Is there any way to get it that isn't $72? Why the heck wasn't it on the complete series set?

EDIT: Its 10.99 on amazon. Ordered it. Prior question still stands.
                            Maybe something to do w/ rights or the like? *shrugs*
                            The recently released UK version had it bundled w/ the series, tho'.
                            sigpic

Comment

Finished season one. This show got awesome real fast. The effects are awesome. And I LOVE the way the episodes are shot. It feels really ahead of it's time.
                              sigpic

Comment

After struggling through a season of a half of SGU and then watching this series. Wow. so many moment where I wanted to cry. When tragic things happen, etc. I am in love with Aeryn and Chrichton ... just so moving so perfect. I wish they were real...

But, it ends ... SGU utterly fails in comparison
                                Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Working...
                                X