Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andron View Post
    Next up is The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
    This is the only one I have read so far and I found it to be very good. I tried to read the graphic novel a book a day since that's how it's sectioned but one day I just had to read two of them. It was that good I just didn't want to put it down. I have yet to read D'Argo's Lament and Strange Detractors the only other two I have at this point and time.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

I just got issue # 17 today. Very good read. I can't wait to see what happens next. These always go so fast. You start one, and then before you know it, you are finished.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I just got issue # 17 today. Very good read. I can't wait to see what happens next. These always go so fast. You start one, and then before you know it, you are finished.
        Yeah. An episode's worth of events probably takes about 4 issues.
        Still, the writing is great...I just wish I could say the same about the art (it's 'ok', and, for the most part, does a decent job portraying the characters we know and love, but it could be so much better).

The latest issue, #17, was quite well-written (considering the circumstances and the characters involved, it had to be, IMHO). I was actually surprised w/ the last page.
        sigpic

Comment

I have long since accepted that the artwork isn't perfect in these comics. They do occasionally do a really good job though. The stories are what keep me coming back. I just love seeing the continuing adventures of these characters I grew to love over the years.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, I complained about the art early, but have gotten accustomed to it I guess. I do think the Scorpy run had significantly better/more consistent art though.

Comment

Really liked Gone and Back, enjoyed the unrealized reality story. Can't wait for Tangled Roots to arrive.

Started reading Scorpius: Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, interesting so far.
              sigpic
              My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

I really hope that these comics keep going for a very long time.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

According to ICv2, Farscape #16 was the 265th best selling comic at 4,003 copies in February:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19570.html

I looked back at past titles, and it looks like it has been slowly declining. They've been in the 4,000 range for a few months, but they used to get 5-6K consistently. Ongoing #1 did 7,707 and Farscape #1 did 12,777 while #2 did 9,022. (the Dargo and Scorpy titles were right around that 5k point too)

No clue what the breaking point is, and the overall sales of all titles has been dropping, but I hope 4k is enough to keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                    According to ICv2, Farscape #16 was the 265th best selling comic at 4,003 copies in February:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/19570.html

I looked back at past titles, and it looks like it has been slowly declining. They've been in the 4,000 range for a few months, but they used to get 5-6K consistently. Ongoing #1 did 7,707 and Farscape #1 did 12,777 while #2 did 9,022. (the Dargo and Scorpy titles were right around that 5k point too)

No clue what the breaking point is, and the overall sales of all titles has been dropping, but I hope 4k is enough to keep going.
                    Maybe many of the buyers wait for the compilations... Really hope that their continuing the comics!
                    sigpic

Comment

The graphic novel sales were worse, something less than 300 for the last one.

Those are all single month sales though I think, so I have no idea what they mean, or if there are legs for things like GN sales.

Comment

Well I certainly do my part every month. Comic stores in my area very rarely have the new issues in any kind of timely manner, so I have been buying them online for some time now. And that costs me more. What can I say though? Farscape is worth the cost.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just finished Scorpius: Glorious Basterds, damn what a storyline and what a cliffhanger...!

Now I have to wait for Tangled Roots to be released...
                          sigpic

Comment

I just read #18. Kind of a boring issue to be honest, but it's set the stage for some big stuff to come.

Comment

Looks like I have several graphic novels to catch up on! I don't plan on getting monthly issues because it may be difficult to catch up with and I think graphic novels look nicer on the shelf.

EDIT: Wait, are these being collected into graphic novels?! I hope so. I've seen a few on Amazon but just checking.

Comment

The current monthly ongoing is but the first collection (Tangled Roots) is not out yet. Amazon lists June but they aren't always reliable.

The previous three volumes are though. As well as the two Scorpius ones.

Vol 1
                                Vol 2
                                Vol 3

Scorpius 1 and 2

The graphic novels are nice. I have Vol 3 and the two Scorpius ones. I collected the previous two volumes as individual issues, but will probably eventually buy the TPB for them as well.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X