No announcement yet.

How expensive are the dvds!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so my season 1 box set came and i checked the dics to make sure they were in good condition but i got the cases out of order and now im not sure which eps come before the other.i know the first case and last but the middle is all out of order.so can someone possibly give me all the eps in order for season 1???please???pretty please????lol

nevermind....i got it lol
    Last edited by kennythewraith; 30 March 2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
      so my season 1 box set came and i checked the dics to make sure they were in good condition but i got the cases out of order and now im not sure which eps come before the other.i know the first case and last but the middle is all out of order.so can someone possibly give me all the eps in order for season 1???please???pretty please????lol
      FarscapeWorld's S1 Eps Guide <--- clicky me!
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

See kennythewraith, problem solved.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          See kennythewraith, problem solved.
          lol which one?there are so many right now?

Comment

lol which one?there are so many right now?
            That is never good.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              That is never good.
              no..it never really is.but hey now i have farscape to take my mind off it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                Wow! So, any idea why it's cheaper in the UK now? I mean, if it used to be expensive, what changed?
                I know they were expensive for the same needless reason as the US. Each release only had 4 episodes and when they eventually boxed them they priced it similar to what all the individuals would have added up to. Thankfully it didn't hold. Despite the "Limited Editon" stamp on all of the boxes. I guess prices went down when everyone figured out they were not limited at all (Thankfully, they are great sets for a great price). That massive "Ultimate" set is really cool, too.

Although those big UK releases with the mechandise and concept art included are pretty expensive and hard to find. I think they only pressed 5000 or so of each set.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                  Wow! So, any idea why it's cheaper in the UK now? I mean, if it used to be expensive, what changed?
                  it helps that $:£ shot down from about 2:1 to 1.4:1 in about a year

oh and don't be fold it's still expensive compared to other ultimate box sets, for example the x-files (9 seasons + 1st movie) is only £100 and buffy (7 seasons) is only $60, so paying £100 of only 4 seasons and a miniseries is still pricey, relatively. comparitively it should only be ~£50.
                  Last edited by AvatarIII; 31 March 2009, 06:20 AM.
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

no..it never really is.but hey now i have farscape to take my mind off it!!
                    A quality show like this one is definitely a good temporary escape.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Update! Made a lucky buy on ebay! Providing its 100% legitimate and not a Chinese copy, which happened to me before, they lied on the listing. But this user has a good rating, so it should be legit.
                      Anyway fact is, I got the ultimate boxset, all four seasons and peace keeper wars for a bargain price of £86! Flipping £4 cheaper that one season boxset on HMV! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                        Update! Made a lucky buy on ebay! Providing its 100% legitimate and not a Chinese copy, which happened to me before, they lied on the listing. But this user has a good rating, so it should be legit.
                        Anyway fact is, I got the ultimate boxset, all four seasons and peace keeper wars for a bargain price of £86! Flipping £4 cheaper that one season boxset on HMV! ^_^
                        Yeah i soon found out my SG1 and Atlantis are chinese copies (i didn't buy them new, they are 2nd hand from a friend)

this is what a fake Farscape boxset looks like
                        http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r.../fakeeeeee.png

I had a look in my local WHSmith today and they were £28 a season, and £5 for peacekeeper wars. so a £117 total.

Comment

Sweet! Yay for you! You gotta love those great/lucky deals on ebay.

I've never had the problem with Chinese copies, but that's interesting. I did have trouble distinguishing between the Australian and the North Americans ones though (Australian copies sell for cheaper, as a general rule, so I almost bought the wrong one).
                          Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                          Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

That's a great deal. Before eventually buying the invidual UK boxes I was bidding on one of those Ultimate boxes and it went up to about £130...luckily someone outbid me at the last moment because I realized they were selling for much cheaper on amazon.co.uk and the uk portal of ebay. Not as low as £86, though One you bought should be real as long as the picture looks legit.

Originally posted by jollyrogue
                            this is what a fake Farscape boxset looks like
                            http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r.../fakeeeeee.png
                            I've seen that before...I figured it was fake. There are some that almost appear to be fake but aren't, like this gigantic thing:

Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

You'd think a picture would prove it, but I bought an SG1 boxset that had a legit picture, but ended up being fake. If it turns out to be fake I'l complain and dispute it via paypal to get my money back.

Uh oh, just re read the description to check.
                              The cover picture shown is a stock photo for illustrative purposes only, and is usually taken from Ebay's database. Occasionally the actual item may be slightly different.
                              That starts to reek of fake merchandise. But I don't see why they'd do that, seeing as they seem otherwise legitimate for everything they've sold.

Comment

You'd think a picture would prove it, but I bought an SG1 boxset that had a legit picture, but ended up being fake. If it turns out to be fake I'l complain and dispute it via paypal to get my money back.

Uh oh, just re read the description to check.

That starts to reek of fake merchandise. But I don't see why they'd do that, seeing as they seem otherwise legitimate for everything they've sold.
                                Well, I really do hope it is legit for you.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X