No announcement yet.

Farscape CD/DVD News and Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay, maybe you will get lucky. I want to get the box sets but I dont want to pay 100 bucks for each one.

Comment

Some of the Amazon.com prices aren't too bad. Especially if you buy from sellers on there, not necessarily Amazon itself.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What about Season 1 StarBurst?
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Yep, I'm pretty sure those are gone as well.
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

The ones for Season 1 that are there are super-expensive.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Have you checked at Fry's Electronics? They're only $17-$20 there.

EDIT: Never mind. Should have read a little further.

Those dren-for-brains!
              Last edited by McClance; 08 December 2007, 09:55 PM.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Guess I'm lucky I got mine when I did.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have the original 1st run of DVDs from ADV, you know the ones BEFORE the Starburst editions and I don't plan on getting rid of them, ever. I'm happy with what I have.
                  sigpic
                  I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I have most of Season 1 on VHS with the last four episodes on my computer. I'm planning to transfer them to DVDs at some point. But, it's a shame that I won't be able to hear the commentaries or the other special features...
                    sigpic

My Books:

Comment

As many of you know, Sony began buying the DVD rights to Farscape from ADV about 9 months ago. I can't find anything that says Sony is moving forward with a DVD release. Anyone heard anything about it? The folks in some of the Farscape forums are feeling like Sony's about to restart the Farscape series.

I on the other hand, am taking the more pessimistic view: I'm starting to think Sony is going to shelve the Farscape DVD rights. It could be years or never, before we see the DVDs rereleased. I hope I'm wrong (I often am!) but the more time drags by with no announcement, the more my hope sinks.

So, anyone with any info, be sure post it to this thread. We can at least follow the progress, if any, of this situation.

Comment

I don't keep up with Farscape news, so I could be miles off here, but, there are webisodes on the way, right? They'd be insane not to release them before the websiodes come out, but at the same time, they'd be mad to not take advantage of the hype of the webisodes to boost their sales. If they want to maximise their sales, they'll release probably a couple of months before the webisodes are released, feeding off of the hype.

I hope they do, because as much as I've always enjoyed 'scape, I'm not looking to pay £90 for a single series.
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Considering that the writer's strike in the US is still ongoing, there is no set time on WHEN the webisodes will start. At the con in November, Rockne said 2008, but if the writer's strike lasts much longer it will no doubt be pushed back since Rockne is striking as well.

So as of right now, it's all up in the air.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

As far as Sony's logic behind the DVD rights, it's tough to know what they're thinking. They're so big that our version of logic might not apply to their way of doing things. Maybe someone has handpicked Farscape and will guide it along to DVD releases, or maybe some division honcho just said,
                            "go out and buy up the rights to x number of SciFi shows/movies not currently in wide release. Maybe next year we'll choose 1 or 2 out of that pool for release"

I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but that's always a possibility. I'm hoping that someone from Sony will just give us a hint. Actually, maybe I'll email them. Probably stupid and pointless of me, but it does cost me nothing except a few minutes of my time.

Comment

Well, I tried emailing Sony, I got this form letter-type email:

>>Thank you for your e-mail and for your feedback! We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products. The information you provided has been forwarded to the appropriate department for research and review. Unfortunately, we currently do not have a published release date for this title.

Please stay tuned to http://www.sonypictures.com/spn/index.php or the website http://www.imdb.com/ for additional information regarding upcoming Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases.<<

I guess my willingness to tilt at windmills is still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                                Considering that the writer's strike in the US is still ongoing, there is no set time on WHEN the webisodes will start. At the con in November, Rockne said 2008, but if the writer's strike lasts much longer it will no doubt be pushed back since Rockne is striking as well.

So as of right now, it's all up in the air.
                                Yeah, this strike sucks for a lot of reasons. I really hope a resolution to all of this can be reached in the near future, so everyone can get back to work entertaining us.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X