No announcement yet.

Farscape CD/DVD News and Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useful information. I've only seen an episode or two of Farscape, so I was thinking about blind buying one of the SEs.

Comment

Yep, good info. I'd also like to know if the Starbusrt editions (with all the content described by Formerhost) are available in Region 2? Or is it purely a Region 1 release?

Thanks.
      MF
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        Yep, good info. I'd also like to know if the Starbusrt editions (with all the content described by Formerhost) are available in Region 2? Or is it purely a Region 1 release?

Thanks.
        MF
        It's Region 1, but with multiregional DVD player and region-free software or more than one DVD drives in your PC it's not a problem. And it's available on Amazon UK

Comment

Its bad enough when movies are released in multiple versions, doing it with a show is just unprofessional.
          Like art? Buy prints.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
            It's Region 1, but with multiregional DVD player and region-free software or more than one DVD drives in your PC it's not a problem. And it's available on Amazon UK
            Ah that's cool. I mostly watch DVDs on my PC anyway. Thanks.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
              Ah that's cool. I mostly watch DVDs on my PC anyway. Thanks.
              Me too since my TV set is broken and I need to have it repaired. I have two DVD-+RW drives in my PC, one for Region 1 and the second for Region 2 DVDs. WinDVD rules!

Comment

Thank you, Formerhost, as well as others who gave information.

I intend to buy them instead of the Boxsets (which I initially was going to purchase).

Mattathias

Comment

I will buy the the rest boxsets from UK after I got season 4. Its very good quality, looks pretty good, but maybe one day, when I have money left, I will also buy the Starburst Editions.
                  But first of all the show is all I need.
                  That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin
                    I will buy the the rest boxsets from UK after I got season 4. Its very good quality, looks pretty good, but maybe one day, when I have money left, I will also buy the Starburst Editions.
                    But first of all the show is all I need.
                    The one thing (and it's the only one thing) which I'm angry with Contender UK (I also own all four seasons boxsets from UK and now I'm adding Starburst Edition to it just for the new commentaries, which are just brilliant) about is the lack of English subtitles for their Farscape DVDs. I really don't believe it was too expensive for them to include them. Sony UK subtitled even extra features (commentaries and another extras) at their season 9 SG-1 DVDs.

On the other hand, there is "Farscape: Undressed" included in UK season 3 DVDs, and ADV Films wasn't able to include it in their DVDs due to some legal problems with SciFi Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Formerhost
                      Wrong. FULL seasons from the start with the new (and old) extras.
                      It was this part: "each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features." that tripped me up. It looked like they were only doing a handful of episodes per season as opposed to the whole season. They wrote it poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
                        It was this part: "each volume contains 7-8 episodes plus Extra features." that tripped me up. It looked like they were only doing a handful of episodes per season as opposed to the whole season. They wrote it poorly.
                        Each season consists of 3 volumes (12 volumes altogether for all 4 seasons).

Comment

Bumping this slightly; the local Suncoast video store is going out of business and had some steep discounts on box sets; 40% off so I picked up the first two volumes of season one and the third volume of season three in the Starburst collection. Sadly, that's all they had but for $15, I took them. Three sets for less than the cost of what one set used to cost. If only they had the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
                            Bumping this slightly; the local Suncoast video store is going out of business and had some steep discounts on box sets; 40% off so I picked up the first two volumes of season one and the third volume of season three in the Starburst collection. Sadly, that's all they had but for $15, I took them. Three sets for less than the cost of what one set used to cost. If only they had the rest.
                            At least your got what you could on a good deal.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Does anyone know what edition are covers found on cdcovers.cc as described below?
                              They are region 1 but haven't seen them yet in any store (online)
                              are they even official?

http://cdcovers.cc/dvd_f.php
                              2 steps for those not familiar with cdcovers.cc
                              1) just click on any title and type "farscape boxset"
                              2) click any volume (1-8) then "[front]" below titles and "Download Cover" even lower on the page

there are 8 volumes, 2 for each season and put in order they spell Farscape by side, these are the ones I'm interested in.
                              are they possibly the normal USA versions? as in 2 boxsets in each "the complete season X" volume?
                              altough I doubt it, because volume 8 has the peacekeeper wars on it too.

thanx a lot
                              David
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BJdavidLS
                                Does anyone know what edition are covers found on cdcovers.cc as described below?
                                They are region 1 but haven't seen them yet in any store (online)
                                are they even official?
                                Sorry, the cover art doesn't look familiar to me. You could try asking at one of the Farscape forums (eg. terrafirmascapers.com, watchfarscape.com). Someone there may know.

Although, personally I recommend the Starburst editions as they have all the extras from the previous releases, plus a bunch of new commentaries. They're also considerably cheaper.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Working...
                                X