The Scorpius Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
    Here are couple of other cool and interesting facts some of you might be interested in:

Scorpius' original costume called for "reptilian" contact lenses, but when producers saw Pygram in the costume without the lenses, they thought the image of his cold blue eyes made the mystique of the character more chilling. (I totally agree!)

In concept designs Scorpius had long white hair. (he would have looked quite Wraith like lol)
    Definitely glad they chose not to go with the contact lenses, or the long white hair. Scorpius' look on the show was pretty much perfect IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This looked kind of interesting so I decided to post it up. Has anyone read or even seen the BOOM Studio Farscape first year comic books before?. If so give us a critque. I will try and post some art-work of the soon-to-be-released Scorpius Edition in the near future. I saw some of the covers and they looked fantastic!.

Official Press Release
      BOOM! Studios’ best-selling FARSCAPE series enters its second year with a fresh dose of bad attitude with the premiere of FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS – coming this April! Written by show creator Rockne S. O’Bannon, FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS brings one of the greatest sci-fi villains of all time to his own ongoing series.

An excellent new entry point for Farscape fans that might have missed the previous BOOM! Farscape series, FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS finds everyone’s favorite black leather clad villain - Scorpius - deposed from his throne on Hyneria and making a bold new discovery that could put him back on top of the Uncharted Territories!

Written by series creator Rockne S. O’Bannon and scripted by fan-favorite STAR TREK novelist David Alan Mack, FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS is the must have book of this spring.

"What is it about villains that fascinates us so? Darth Vader, Hannibal Lecter, Galactus, Magneto...and in the Farscape universe it's Scorpius," said Farscape show creator and FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS writer Rockne S. O'Bannon. "Fans of Farscape who've always wondered what's going on in that sick little black leather clad head of Scorpius's are in for a real treat. And readers who are new to Farscape but whose tastes run toward the freakish, shocking, and totally unsettling should find the Scorpius books the perfect dark entry into the ongoing Farscape world."

"Our goal with the Farscape comics is always 'what is going to blow fans' minds?’ When Rockne told me his idea for this series I knew everyone reading these comics would freak,” said Farscape comics editor Ian Brill. “Farscape has some of the best fans in sci-fi and they deserve great stories. With FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS, Rockne and David Alan Mack are delivering a thrilling and intense experience. This is a book befitting the genius creation that is Scorpius."

"What the creative team on FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS is accomplishing is exactly what attracted BOOM! to FARSCAPE in the first place...phenomenal sci-fi adventures in a mythology that knows no bounds," said BOOM! Studios Managing Editor Matt Gagnon. "Scorpius is always defined in our minds as John Crichton's resilient antagonist, but Rockne and the team, from the first issue, will prove that there's more to our favorite half-Scarran, half-Sebacean than meets the eye."

Debuting on the SCI-FI Channel in 1998, FARSCAPE follows the adventures of astronaut John Crichton, who has a freak accident during an experimental space mission that catapults him across a thousand galaxies to an alien battlefield. Suddenly, he's trapped among alien creatures wielding deadly technology - a battle that 20th century sci-fi pop culture never prepared him for. Hunted by a merciless military race led by Scorpius, Crichton begins his quest for home from a distant galaxy.

A groundbreaking award-winning sci-fi production, FARSCAPE from The Jim Henson Company and [HALLMARK] has become a global favorite. Named by TV Guide as one of television's "Best Cult Shows Ever" and most recently named by EMPIRE Magazine as one of the "50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time," FARSCAPE is known for the overwhelming fan-based campaign that led to its miniseries production. The show has continued to find new audiences as it airs in syndication and is available on iTunes and DVD.

FARSCAPE: SCORPIUS #0 is written by Rockne S. O’Bannon and scripted by David Alan Mack with interior art by hot newcomer Mike Ruiz. The debut issue features two covers in a 50/50 split, with art by Nick Runge and Chad Hardin, a 1-in-10 incentive cover and carries a Diamond Code of FEB100749.

About BOOM! Studios: BOOM! Studios is a unique publishing house specializing in high-profile projects across a wide variety of different genres from some of the industry’s biggest talents, including Philip K. Dick’s DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?, The Henson Company’s FARSCAPE, and the original Mark Waid series IRREDEEMABLE. BOOM! recently launched its youth imprint, BOOM Kids!, with Pixar’s THE INCREDIBLES, CARS, and TOY STORY, as well as Disney’s THE MUPPETS, DONALD DUCK, UNCLE SCROOGE and WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES. This year, BOOM! Studios celebrates its fifth anniversary.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

http://fandomania.com/comic-preview-...pe-scorpius-0/ - preview of issue #0
        sigpic

Comment

thats one of many reasons i watch farscape because of scorpy.... i love these interactions between john and him, they are always the best thing on the show
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            thats one of many reasons i watch farscape because of scorpy.... i love these interactions between john and him, they are always the best thing on the show
            Scorpius did bring a nice new element to the show once he was introduced. No doubt about that IMO.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
              Farscape would not be Farscape without Scorpi & Harvey; they are the lynchpins of the series. Wayne Pygram played the character to perfection.
              It definitely wouldn't have been as interesting without Scorpius. As far as Harvey goes, I could take him or leave him, he got kind of monotonous.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                It definitely wouldn't have been as interesting without Scorpius. As far as Harvey goes, I could take him or leave him, he got kind of monotonous.
                yup. the Harvey 'device' could get tiring quick. which is why, I think, he was used rather sparingly and, IMHO, to great effect.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                  yup. the Harvey 'device' could get tiring quick. which is why, I think, he was used rather sparingly and, IMHO, to great effect.
                  I totally agree with that. Harvey was great IMO.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I love Scorpius! He is the best villian ever imo.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                      I love Scorpius! He is the best villian ever imo.
                      It is definitely very hard to top him. He set the bar very high. Scorpius was definitely a very complex character.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        It is definitely very hard to top him. He set the bar very high. Scorpius was definitely a very complex character.
                        Yeah. I think he's my favourite 'villain' now (is he really that? a villain? )...I mean, I used to like Darth Vader, but after the 'prequel trilogy'...
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah. I think he's my favourite 'villain' now (is he really that? a villain? )...I mean, I used to like Darth Vader, but after the 'prequel trilogy'...
                          no one can beat scorpius, well except hannibal lecter (if you ignore the movies hannibal, red dragon & hannibal rising) in silence of the lambs he was top notch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                            no one can beat scorpius, well except hannibal lecter (if you ignore the movies hannibal, red dragon & hannibal rising) in silence of the lambs he was top notch.
                            Yup. Silence of the Lambs is an awesome movie, and Lecter an awesome villain. "It rubs the lotion on it's skin"
                            Still, I don't think I can ever really 'sympathize' with Lecter. Scorpius, on the other hand...
                            sigpic

Comment

Yup. Silence of the Lambs is an awesome movie, and Lecter an awesome villain. "It rubs the lotion on it's skin"
                              Still, I don't think I can ever really 'sympathize' with Lecter. Scorpius, on the other hand...
                              Yeah, at times you did want to sympathize with him. Especially after seeing Season 3's "Incubator".
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i can only sympathise with lecter because anthony hopkins is playing him.... but scorpius..is kinda cute
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X