Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    What was the movie called?
    I believe it was called Heatstroke with infamous B-movie actor D.B. Sweeney. I have it recorded on my Tivo in Hi-Def but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
    I loved the complexity of his
    character.
    Ditto, there are so many levels to the Scorpius character, yet his paranoia and terminal obsession he suffered from never ceased until the very end of Peace Keeper War's. Pygram's portrayal of the troubled Scorpius character was nothing short of brilliant and quite disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
      Ditto, there are so many levels to the Scorpius character, yet his paranoia and terminal obsession he suffered from never ceased until the very end of Peace Keeper War's. Pygram's portrayal of the troubled Scorpius character was nothing short of brilliant and quite disturbing.
      Totally agree there! As much as it's impossible to sympathise with the character there are moments where you do want to understand what drives him. His abusive 'training' at the hand of the Scarrans whilst almost illiciting sympathy for what it made him into, his actions as a result of his crazed quest for revenge never would.

I'm looking forward to watching Farscape again from the beginning. My son's friend is bringing the complete Farscape boxset for me from the UK next week since I can't get hold of it here. Only one or two seasons seem to be available and season one if you can get it costs more just for that than I've paid for the whole series box set!!!

I'm going to enjoy watching Scorpius in action again. He became the more sinister nemesis for Crichton once Krais failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
        I couldn't agree more. Pygram was the perfect choice to play the role of Scorpius. Magnificent doesn't cover it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I had'nt watched any Farscape in awhile, so last night the wife and I dusted off our DVD Box Set's and watched a few episode from season 2. I had forgotten just how awesome a character Scorpius is. Definetly worthy of his own thread!.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
            I had'nt watched any Farscape in awhile, so last night the wife and I dusted off our DVD Box Set's and watched a few episode from season 2. I had forgotten just how awesome a character Scorpius is. Definetly worthy of his own thread!.
            A very awesome character. And played by a great actor.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm finishing season 3 and I gotta say that Scorpius is perhaps the best movie/TV villain ever. He's really intelligent, surprisingly likeable, cool & collected. It's amazing how much the writers managed to develop his character throughout the show. Wayne Pygram is The Man!
              sigpic

Comment

Then you're going to love S4. He's a big part of it.

So what do you think of Harvey?
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Haha, Harvey cracks me up every time.
                  Btw, is it just me or did the BSG writers rip off Farscape with all the head characters stuff (and the BSG guys didn't even do as good of a job)?
                  Last edited by SpyDude; 11 July 2009, 04:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                    I'm finishing season 3 and I gotta say that Scorpius is perhaps the best movie/TV villain ever. He's really intelligent, surprisingly likeable, cool & collected. It's amazing how much the writers managed to develop his character throughout the show. Wayne Pygram is The Man!
                    I have thought that too for many years. He is the man, and brought such life to that character. Honestly, I can't think of a better villain I have watched over the years either.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SpyDude View Post
                      Haha, Harvey cracks me up every time.
                      Btw, is it just me or did the BSG writers rip off Farscape with all the head characters stuff (and the BSG guys didn't even do as good of a job)?
                      All scifi shows rip stuff off of each other, sometimes for better but more times for worse. BSG was definitely one of those shows that used it.
                      I have thought that too for many years. He is the man, and brought such life to that character. Honestly, I can't think of a better villain I have watched over the years either.
                      Scorpius ranks right up there at the top. I have him listed with my all-time favorite villains like - Gul DuKat from DS9 - Anubis from SG - Sylar from Heroes - and few more.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Farscape would not be Farscape without Scorpi & Harvey; they are the lynchpins of the series. Wayne Pygram played the character to perfection.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
                          Farscape would not be Farscape without Scorpi & Harvey; they are the lynchpins of the series. Wayne Pygram played the character to perfection.
                          He really did. It was a pleasure to despise that character week in and week out.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
                            I couldn't agree more Nusku!. The brilliance that both those characters were developed with was something to be-hold. His level of of obsession mixed with megalomania created one of the very best scifi villains from any series or movie.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                              I couldn't agree more Nusku!. The brilliance that both those characters were developed with was something to be-hold. His level of of obsession mixed with megalomania created one of the very best scifi villains from any series or movie.
                              Very well put, my friend. I don't see any villain topping Scorpius any time soon.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Not to bad for character that was originally planned for only a 3 or 4 part story arc. But the producers saw how much potential there was in the Scorpius character and in actor Wayne Pygram, they changed there minds and wrote him in as a frequent recurruing character (I believe he appeared in 46 episodes all together, including the Peacekeeper Wars).

Here are couple of other cool and interesting facts some of you might be interested in:

Scorpius' original costume called for "reptilian" contact lenses, but when producers saw Pygram in the costume without the lenses, they thought the image of his cold blue eyes made the mystique of the character more chilling. (I totally agree!)

In concept designs Scorpius had long white hair. (he would have looked quite Wraith like lol)
                                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X