The Scorpius Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Even though he did do so many evil things, it is hard not to feel for his character. Especially after seeing what he went through in his early years in Season 3's "Incubator".
    Oh yeah, that added a whole new dimension to his character. I think he is so overwhelmed with the need for his revenge on the Scarrans that sometimes I think he truly doesn't see the torture he inflicts on John as wrong. Whatever it takes to defeat the Scarrans is necessary in his mind whether its the right thing to do or not.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Scorpy rocks! I love how he enjoys inflicting pain. And who wouldn't love to have a suit of body armor like that? I don't remember the episode, but there was a scene where Scorpius was shielding John from weapons fire with his body armor as John returned fire. Bad a**!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Even though he did do so many evil things, it is hard not to feel for his character. Especially after seeing what he went through in his early years in Season 3's "Incubator".
        Yes, this is the episode that you sit there feeling sorry for him and then you are pulled out of it rapidly as you are reminded once again of what he now is. A cold, cruel, calculating creature, that stops at nothing to get the wormhole information from Crichton. You sort of hope that he redeems himself and seems to head that way on occasion until he does something unspeakably evil again. That is what makes him such a fascinating character.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        That's a great term. Capture my fascination of him perfectly. You'd think with the hell he put Crichton thru that we'd really just hate him but they balance it so well that while I'm not sure I am sympathetic for him, I want to see more of him and I can't imagine Farscape without him.

I do wonder what he is mentally going thru with the having to constantly battle the Scarran half of his psyche. And the physical torment of body with the Scarran half craving the heat and the Peacekeeper half needing to be cool.
        No wonder he’s nuts!!!! Again it’s that wondering about what is going on with Scorpius that allows us to make allowances for some of his actions. He’s a character that you can’t help but pay attention to. He can’t be dismissed completely yet he should be for his evil acts. I loved the way I was pulled too and fro in my opinions of him through the course of the show’s run. I too can’t imagine Farscape without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          No wonder he’s nuts!!!! Again it’s that wondering about what is going on with Scorpius that allows us to make allowances for some of his actions. He’s a character that you can’t help but pay attention to. He can’t be dismissed completely yet he should be for his evil acts. I loved the way I was pulled too and fro in my opinions of him through the course of the show’s run. I too can’t imagine Farscape without him.
          The same goes for me. I'm sure a lot of us went back and forth on how we felt about Scorpius throughout the course of the series. That's what TPTB were most likely intending to happen.

IMO, Farscape without Scorpius = not as good of a show.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very well said Kris. Scorpius is the kind of villain character that does garner occasional sympathy and pity. Then there are times you wish he would get a taste of his own medicine.

I definetly have Scorpius at the top of my list of all-time favorite villains. I rank DS9's Gul DuKat and Scorpius as the top 2. Not only are both characters similar in some ways, but they both have a poetic/shakespearean side to there personailties that make them both extra creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
              Very well said Kris. Scorpius is the kind of villain character that does garner occasional sympathy and pity. Then there are times you wish he would get a taste of his own medicine.

I definetly have Scorpius at the top of my list of all-time favorite villains. I rank DS9's Gul DuKat and Scorpius as the top 2. Not only are both characters similar in some ways, but they both have a poetic/shakespearean side to there personailties that make them both extra creepy.
              "Poetic/Shakespearean side" Such an apt description, good one!

Interesting in that you say Scorpius and DuKat are at the top of your list of villains. Great minds think alike is what I say!!! Stargate's Baal is up there for me too. Even though he wasn't developed in character as much as the other two he does have the same essence of unpredictablity and interest grabbing 'evilness' about him.

Comment

"Poetic/Shakespearean side" Such an apt description, good one!

Interesting in that you say Scorpius and DuKat are at the top of your list of villains. Great minds think alike is what I say!!! Stargate's Baal is up there for me too. Even though he wasn't developed in character as much as the other two he does have the same essence of unpredictablity and interest grabbing 'evilness' about him.
                Waves Hi** to my DS9 friend Kris.

Great Minds Think Alike indeed!. The similarities between DuKat and Scorpius are many. Not only do they have that "poetic Shakespearean side" (that is a good description statement brother Starbase), but they both were willing to destroy anything and everything to achieve there goals. They were also both smart, arrogant, and condescending megalomaniacs.

Baal was more stable and willing to make light of himself than either DuKat or Scorpius. Even though I wouldn't say Baal was that similar to DuKat and Scorpius, he has a marvelous style of his own.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                  Waves Hi** to my DS9 friend Kris.

Great Minds Think Alike indeed!. The similarities between DuKat and Scorpius are many. Not only do they have that "poetic Shakespearean side" (that is a good description statement brother Starbase), but they both were willing to destroy anything and everything to achieve there goals. They were also both smart, arrogant, and condescending megalomaniacs.

Baal was more stable and willing to make light of himself than either DuKat or Scorpius. Even though I wouldn't say Baal was that similar to DuKat and Scorpius, he has a marvelous style of his own.
                  *waves back*

Can't argue with your descriptions of our favourite villains. I still feel Baal has the same qualities. Both he and Scorpius got my attention when first introduced in the same way, both torturing the hero to get information that both heroes were unaware they had!! Both villains as merciless as eachother. Each have their own way of wrong footing the viewer, making them such watchable personifcations of evil.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                    I would liken Scorpius more towards Apophis than I would Baal. Apophis was way more over the top than Baal and had a more sinister side that we see in Scorpius.

Scorpius and Gul DuKat are both so twisted and different than every other villain alien that I have ever seen on any scifi series.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                      yes he's the villian that we all love to hate at times... but he does add the flair to the series too
                      Has Wayne Pygram anything else coming up in the next months ?

Comment

Originally posted by X-3-0-2 View Post
                        Has Wayne Pygram anything else coming up in the next months ?
                        I noticed Wayne Pygram was in one those God aweful scifi channel movies a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone saw it and if so how has Wayne?.
                        The USS Defiant Rocks!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
                          I noticed Wayne Pygram was in one those God aweful scifi channel movies a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone saw it and if so how has Wayne?.
                          Wayne was pretty good...from what I could watch of the movie. Francesca Buller (aka Akhna, Raxil, M'Lee and Ro'Na) was in it as well. It was also produced by DK, Richard aka Froon Manning and Andrew Prose directed it.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                            Wayne was pretty good...from what I could watch of the movie. Francesca Buller (aka Akhna, Raxil, M'Lee and Ro'Na) was in it as well. It was also produced by DK, Richard aka Froon Manning and Andrew Prose directed it.
                            What was the movie called?
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah Scropius was one of the most interest vilians in scifi. I agree with the comments above.

A comment about season 3 episode 21 in spoilers:
                              Spoiler:
                              I am not sure which episode this is from. When Criton went aboard the command carrier to help scropius with the worm hole tech. My point, at the end of the episode the ship is bieng destroyed. Crition was by his ship when scropius walks up to him with the look that he might kill him. But he gave him the code to the restriants. Scropius had the look that you won this round.

I thought that was interesting

Comment

Originally posted by tech100 View Post
                                Yeah Scropius was one of the most interest vilians in scifi. I agree with the comments above.

A comment about season 3 episode 21 in spoilers:
                                Spoiler:
                                I am not sure which episode this is from. When Criton went aboard the command carrier to help scropius with the worm hole tech. My point, at the end of the episode the ship is bieng destroyed. Crition was by his ship when scropius walks up to him with the look that he might kill him. But he gave him the code to the restriants. Scropius had the look that you won this round.

I thought that was interesting
                                Scorpius wasn't evil just to be evil. All the bad things he did to Crichton and the others was in an attempt to bring down the Scarrans.

I loved the complexity of his character.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X