No announcement yet.

Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is great, no, in fact, awesome news, but I think I'll need to hold back on the woohooing because I have a feeling that the new web series won't be available for me.
    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

This is the best news I've had in a long while!!!! NEW FARSCAPE!!!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I will admit it. I love Farscape the best and always will. Just hope that they have Claudia and Ben.

STARGATE SG1

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
          This is great, no, in fact, awesome news, but I think I'll need to hold back on the woohooing because I have a feeling that the new web series won't be available for me.
          Yuuuup...... considering SCI-FI's track record and all (BSG webisodes anyone?), international viewers probably won't be able to see it. The thing is, this isn't like television- we're not waiting for it to come on our own channels. So how the frak is this going to work?!

It'll be interesting to see the details when they're released. But if they don't make it available to us, I guess we'll just have to "aquire" it elsewhere.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a cartoon type series,atleast that is what i remember hearing awhile back. That way they dont need to sign any of the former stars. And knowing scifi, this will be how they screw this up.

Though maybe they will do this right and do what they are doing with Sanctuary. But im sure everyone on here knows about Sanctuary right?
            Last edited by glennh73; 16 July 2007, 01:28 PM. Reason: Cause i can
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Would like to see more Farscape, but only if it's done right.

For me, it won't be Farscape without Claudia and Ben at least at the start so I'll hold onto my squees until we get some confirmation of who's going to be in it. After that, I'll give it a shot on the Web and hope the quality is there.
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

That's right, Scapers! Farscape is coming back via webisodes on the sci-fi channel, just like they did for Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance. Here's the info:

SCI FI Channel will revive its popular original show Farscape as a Web-based series of short films on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network, part of a slate of new original online programming.

SCI FI has ordered 10 webisodes of Farscape, to be produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr. and produced by The Jim Henson Co., in association with RHI Entertainment.

The series will expand the Farscape universe, but the network had no announcements on casting or premiere dates.

Other new online series include SCI FI Tech, a companion to SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Tech blog, and Invent This!, which sets out to find the world's quirkiest inventions and get into the minds of the inventors behind each creation.

And here is the link:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=42431&type=0

Cool! With the recent cancellation of Stargate: SG-1, I would imagine that Ben Browder and Claudia Black could potentially reprise their roles as John and Aeryn. Maybe the story will focuse on little D'argo and may even include some surprises along the way, such as Big D'argo surviving, for starters. Just the same, this is going to be awesome!
                Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Yes we know, there's been a thread up for several days. Please use the search feature, or at least scan the front page of the sub-forum before posting.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I doubt they will have any of the cast.

I don't see a season 5 happening, maybe Farscape movies. To me it seems they are testing the water for a spinoff.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                      Yes we know, there's been a thread up for several days. Please use the search feature, or at least scan the front page of the sub-forum before posting.
                      Oops! Sorry about that! Thanks for the tip.
                      Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
                        That's right, Scapers! Farscape is coming back via webisodes on the sci-fi channel, just like they did for Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance. Here's the info:

SCI FI Channel will revive its popular original show Farscape as a Web-based series of short films on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network, part of a slate of new original online programming.

SCI FI has ordered 10 webisodes of Farscape, to be produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr. and produced by The Jim Henson Co., in association with RHI Entertainment.

The series will expand the Farscape universe, but the network had no announcements on casting or premiere dates.

Other new online series include SCI FI Tech, a companion to SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Tech blog, and Invent This!, which sets out to find the world's quirkiest inventions and get into the minds of the inventors behind each creation.

And here is the link:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...d=42431&type=0

Cool! With the recent cancellation of Stargate: SG-1, I would imagine that Ben Browder and Claudia Black could potentially reprise their roles as John and Aeryn. Maybe the story will focuse on little D'argo and may even include some surprises along the way, such as Big D'argo surviving, for starters. Just the same, this is going to be awesome!
                        Ummm I thought Big D'argo gave up his life to save John and the others. I remember it vividly cause I was crying when it happened.

TheChosen1

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                          I doubt they will have any of the cast.

I don't see a season 5 happening, maybe Farscape movies. To me it seems they are testing the water for a spinoff.
                          If thought through well, and a good plot put together, I wouldn't mind a spinoff show. But IMO, they should definitely have as much of the original cast there as possible at the beginning. To kind of pass the torch.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                            Ummm I thought Big D'argo gave up his life to save John and the others. I remember it vividly cause I was crying when it happened.

TheChosen1
                            He did say it would be a surprise. And they definately left it open so that he could easily be brought back.

Comment

Indeed D'argo could easily have been captured or something.

I'd hope he's left dead though, otherwise his sacrifice in PKW loses all of its impact.
                              I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Originally posted by cheese View Post
                                Indeed D'argo could easily have been captured or something.

I'd hope he's left dead though, otherwise his sacrifice in PKW loses all of its impact.
                                I agree with that. I'd guess if they did bring him back it would have to do with that cookie doctor who freezes people for parts, as he was on the planet too.

Comment

Working...
                                X