No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a chance to watch "Die Me, Dichotomy" and oh my goodness!! The show has left me speechless!! What an amazing piece of television!!! I wasn't sure what was going to happen after the "Liars, Guns and Money" trilogy (which I also throughly enjoyed) and I was not disappointed in the least.
    (Spoilers dealing with "Die Me, Dichotomy")
    Spoiler:
    When Aeryn was going down after ejecting I could hardly breathe!! And then when they were having the funeral service for her the show actually made me cry! I couldn't belive it. I knew that she'd ultimately be ok but the tears came anyway. The cast did an amazing job in this episode. After everyone's reaction to her "death" I'm very interested now to see where the show goes with Crais and Talyn and their relationship with Aeryn.

The trilogy and the finale were great because I thought all of the characters were given great stories and were well developed and flushed out throughout episodes. All the feelings, and friendships that were tested and the misunderstandings, misinterpretations and regrets that seem to come out made the last few episodes (especially the finale) fantastic! The show is definitely character driven and I love that. You end up investing so much in the lives of these characters. I think I'm going to have to watch it again and again. Great episode! The s2 finale easily gets a perfect 10/10 from me!

I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who reccomended that I have the s3 opener handy before watching the finale. I was really glad that I had the first episode of s3 on hand to watch. Thanks!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
      Spoiler:
      When Aeryn was going down after ejecting I could hardly breathe!! And then when they were having the funeral service for her the show actually made me cry! I couldn't belive it. I knew that she'd ultimately be ok but the tears came anyway. The cast did an amazing job in this episode. After everyone's reaction to her "death" I'm very interested now to see where the show goes with Crais and Talyn and their relationship with Aeryn.
      Now you have to lay your hands on Season 3 DVDs released in UK to watch really great "Farscape: Undressed" special (aired originally on SciFi channel before the first episode of season 3, but ADV for some legal reasons was unable to get FS: Undressed from SciFi and include it in their DVD release).

As for
      Spoiler:
      Crais and Talyn's relationship with Aeryn - you'll see in season 3's "Green Eyed Monster" episode where it went
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

The show is definitely character driven and I love that. You end up investing so much in the lives of these characters. I think I'm going to have to watch it again and again. Great episode! The s2 finale easily gets a perfect 10/10 from me!

I also wanted to say thanks to those of you who reccomended that I have the s3 opener handy before watching the finale. I was really glad that I had the first episode of s3 on hand to watch. Thanks!
        That season 2 finale is what made me the internet junkie I am today, searching for spoilers and yelling:

Spoiler:
        NOOOOO!!! I'm never watching this show again if she's dead! It was absolutely heartbreaking to see Aeryn end up like that.

You were wise to listen to those recommendations. Those 6 weeks were unbearable for a Farscape junkie like me.

My opinion is that those 4 episodes represent some of Farscape's best. Have fun with season 3--I know it's my favorite.

Comment

Finally got a chance to watch "Die Me, Dichotomy" and oh my goodness!! The show has left me speechless!! What an amazing piece of television!!! I wasn't sure what was going to happen after the "Liars, Guns and Money" trilogy (which I also throughly enjoyed) and I was not disappointed in the least.
          (Spoilers dealing with "Die Me, Dichotomy")
          Spoiler:
          I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now you know why that's my favorite ep!

I really loved how Ben portrayed Crichton
          Spoiler:
          at the funeral. So restrained yet about to explode.
          All the other actors did a really good job too.
          Spoiler:
          When John gets free of Scorpy's influence and and realizes what he's just done and then has to sit there helplessly in his ship was almost too much to bear.

Now you get to watch the angst fest that is S3. While maybe no episode has as much angst as Die Me Dichotomy is goes on and on for the whole season and is such great fun to watch.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I have started season 3, and for the first time I can say I like the whole package which means I like the intro too. It's different from s1 and s2 and I like it better this way.

The intro isn't so sharp. I mean the music and even the colors. It has softened somewhat.

I wish I could locate the DVD's somewhere without needing a creditcard, and at a decent price. The only DVD I found at a decent prize is The Peacekeeper Wars, 14€ (18$ or 9 GBP). While the complete season box-sets each cost 163€ (209$ or 110 GBP) which would make a grand total of 652€ (837$ or 441 GBP) and forgive me, but that is a little too expensive.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I have started season 3, and for the first time I can say I like the whole package which means I like the intro too. It's different from s1 and s2 and I like it better this way.

The intro isn't so sharp. I mean the music and even the colors. It has softened somewhat.

I wish I could locate the DVD's somewhere without needing a creditcard, and at a decent price. The only DVD I found at a decent prize is The Peacekeeper Wars, 14€ (18$ or 9 GBP). While the complete season box-sets each cost 163€ (209$ or 110 GBP) which would make a grand total of 652€ (837$ or 441 GBP) and forgive me, but that is a little too expensive.
              Amazon UK (www.amazon.co.uk) accepts cheques. And you can buy THE WHOLE SERIES (all four seasons + Peacekeeper Wars) for 179,99 GBP.
              T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                I'm glad you enjoyed it. Now you know why that's my favorite ep!

I really loved how Ben portrayed Crichton
                Spoiler:
                at the funeral. So restrained yet about to explode.
                I very much agree! I was a HUGE Ben/Crichton fan before I saw the s2 finale and after seeing it I only respect his acting abilities that much more. It's only served to make me a bigger fan.

Now you get to watch the angst fest that is S3. While maybe no episode has as much angst as Die Me Dichotomy is goes on and on for the whole season and is such great fun to watch.
                Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                My opinion is that those 4 episodes represent some of Farscape's best. Have fun with season 3--I know it's my favorite.
                I can't wait to see the rest of the season. I finally got my boxed sets today! My Farscape collection is complete. I'm not sure how anything can top what I've seen so far (especially with Liars, Guns and Money and the s2 finale. I still can't get over how good they are!). However, I'm very much looking forward to finding out what happens and seeing how the show can wow me again.

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
                Now you have to lay your hands on Season 3 DVDs released in UK to watch really great "Farscape: Undressed" special (aired originally on SciFi channel before the first episode of season 3, but ADV for some legal reasons was unable to get FS: Undressed from SciFi and include it in their DVD release).
                I'll have to keep my eye out for it because I would definitely be interested in seeing it. Thanks for the info!

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

I'm not sure how anything can top what I've seen so far (especially with Liars, Guns and Money and the s2 finale. I still can't get over how good they are!). However, I'm very much looking forward to finding out what happens and seeing how the show can wow me again.
                  That's what's so great about S3. It takes all that agnst and amazingly builds on it. One of the things I've really liked about Farscape is that events don't happen in a vacuum. If someone gets killed or hurt (or tortured) then it's going to affect them in the future and that is dealt with. So that's part of the agnst in S3.
                  Last edited by Thunderstorm; 20 November 2006, 03:08 PM.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

That's what's so great about S3. It takes all that agnst and amazingly builds on it. One of the things I've really liked about Farscape is that events don't happen in a vacuum. If someone gets killed or hurt (or tortured) then it's going to affect them in the future and that is dealt with. So that's part of the agnst in S3.
                    Rejoice with me fellow scapers!! My PKW DVD's should be in by the 28th!! once I actually get to the bank to deposit my check, I'm going to buy season 3..teehee. I am sooooooo excited

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                    hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

I can't wait to see the rest of the season. I finally got my boxed sets today! My Farscape collection is complete. I'm not sure how anything can top what I've seen so far (especially with Liars, Guns and Money and the s2 finale. I still can't get over how good they are!). However, I'm very much looking forward to finding out what happens and seeing how the show can wow me again.
                      Spoiler:
                      Being that my favorite character is Aeryn, most of my s3 favorites are Aeryn-centric: Ben's "Green Eyed Monster", Rockne S. O'Bannon's "Relativity" and Justin Monjo's "The Choice." Claudia really got a chance to shine in season 3; If I remember correctly, Matt Roush of TV guide had her on his list of "who should be nominated for an Emmy", along with Ben and others from other shows, that year (2001?).

The last three are stellar as well, I think. And, of course, the first episode and eps 3 and 4...

Ok, well, I pretty much love the entire season.

Comment

I all, I haven't seen Farscape. All I know is that Ben Browder and Claudia Black are in it and it revolves around an Astronaut being thrown on the other side of the universe or something, right?

Should I watch or what?
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                          I all, I haven't seen Farscape. All I know is that Ben Browder and Claudia Black are in it and it revolves around an Astronaut being thrown on the other side of the universe or something, right?

Should I watch or what?
                          Well, you're probably asking the "wrong" people if you should watch it, since all here have watched it and loved what they've seen, whether it's all of it or part of it.

I highly recommend it. I will say it's nothing like SG1 if you're expecting that kind of show. It's messier--chaotic, no rules, lots of fighting among the crew, no chain of command. The characters for the most part are ruled by their hearts and emotions, not their brains and logic.

There's a site called Television Without Pity and they're doing Farscape recaps there. Here's an apt description from Jacob, one of the recappers:

"If Star Trek is a utopian civics lesson, in a surgical theatre, Farscape is anonymous sex. In a sewer."

So...yeah, it's not SG1.

I love it, though.

Comment

Well, you're probably asking the "wrong" people if you should watch it, since all here have watched it and loved what they've seen, whether it's all of it or part of it.

I highly recommend it. I will say it's nothing like SG1 if you're expecting that kind of show. It's messier--chaotic, no rules, lots of fighting among the crew, no chain of command. The characters for the most part are ruled by their hearts and emotions, not their brains and logic.

There's a site called Television Without Pity and they're doing Farscape recaps there. Here's an apt description from Jacob, one of the recappers:

"If Star Trek is a utopian civics lesson, in a surgical theatre, Farscape is anonymous sex. In a sewer."

So...yeah, it's not SG1.

I love it, though.
                            Nice description, very nicely said

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                            hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                            OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Being that my favorite character is Aeryn, most of my s3 favorites are Aeryn-centric: Ben's "Green Eyed Monster", Rockne S. O'Bannon's "Relativity" and Justin Monjo's "The Choice." Claudia really got a chance to shine in season 3; If I remember correctly, Matt Roush of TV guide had her on his list of "who should be nominated for an Emmy", along with Ben and others from other shows, that year (2001?).

The last three are stellar as well, I think. And, of course, the first episode and eps 3 and 4...

Ok, well, I pretty much love the entire season.
                              Thanks for the tips on the episdoes! Now I'm even more excited to watch. Aeryn is definitely my favourite as well. I'm really enjoying the growth in her character. It's so very well written. Not too fast, not too slow but a steady progression that has everything from laughter to heartbreak to un-expepcted setbacks. It's great. It's also very nice seeing a strong female character.

And yes a very apt description of Farscape. It's totally better to go into this show having no expectations. It's not what you expect at all, which is a great thing. It doesn't follow any rules but tells an extremely stellar story!

Comment

Thanks for the tips on the episdoes! Now I'm even more excited to watch. Aeryn is definitely my favourite as well. I'm really enjoying the growth in her character. It's so very well written. Not too fast, not too slow but a steady progression that has everything from laughter to heartbreak to un-expepcted setbacks. It's great. It's also very nice seeing a strong female character.

And yes a very apt description of Farscape. It's totally better to go into this show having no expectations. It's not what you expect at all, which is a great thing. It doesn't follow any rules but tells an extremely stellar story!
                                Aeryn is the character who got me hooked on the show. I had been avoiding it because, by and large, I'm not really a sci fi fan. My sister made me watch it (bribed me, actually) because one episode featured a particularly yummy guest star, plus Ben. So I watched it and was instantly taken by the woman with the tough exterior and the really big gun (nothing Freudian, right?).

anyway, I think for the Aeryn centrics among us, season 3 is a delight, starting with Season of Death and all the way to Dog with Two Bones. There are episodes where you can't even breathe for all the drama and angst. No doubt there are a few "meh" episodes but, overall, it's a pretty good season.

There's so much to talk about with season 3. I can hardly wait till you get thru it all.

One of the things I always liked about FS was that there was a balance of male/female characters and all the females were about as strong and capable as the male characters without all being totally butch. Even Aeryn, who can be quite butch because of her upbringing and all, still has that vulnerability to her. And the male characters aren't all gung ho macho but have their weak points as well.

I really do love this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X