Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farscapefan
    I think they should include the complete bloopers thing (seasons 1 - 3, as there're no bloopers from season 4 as far as I know) in 4.3.
    I think they should too, but David Kemper will not allow it. A fan asked him at a con once about bloopers. He mentioned something about the bloopers being like home videos of your kids and would you really want people to see the things your kids mess up on. The fans said yes...but he's not big on bloopers being released.

I imagine it's also a legal/copyright issue for the actors and maybe some of them don't want them out there (although I find that hard to believe with the hams talented actors associated with FS.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux
      I think they should too, but David Kemper will not allow it. A fan asked him at a con once about bloopers. He mentioned something about the bloopers being like home videos of your kids and would you really want people to see the things your kids mess up on. The fans said yes...but he's not big on bloopers being released.

I imagine it's also a legal/copyright issue for the actors and maybe some of them don't want them out there (although I find that hard to believe with the hams talented actors associated with FS.
      Actualy I'm talking about already being released (in UK and probably in another European countries where Farscape was released) bloopers. Or Outtakes, as they're called at 4.5 DVD of UK release.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Actualy I'm talking about already being released (in UK and probably in another European countries where Farscape was released) bloopers. Or Outtakes, as they're called at 4.5 DVD of UK release.
        Either way...they will not be released in the US since the two companies (Henson and ADV) didn't come up with a deal for them. That is probably why they're on the UK releases only, Contender made a deal Henson couldn't refuse.
        sigpic

Comment

Either way...they will not be released in the US since the two companies (Henson and ADV) didn't come up with a deal for them. That is probably why they're on the UK releases only, Contender made a deal Henson couldn't refuse.
          Really? I didn't know that. You sure ADV didn't manage to get them just for Starburst edition?
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Bloopers are great. They so should be on there. And I'm talking about all shows, including SG-1. Bloopers give you a nice little sneak-peek into what really goes on sometimes on sets.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Really? I didn't know that. You sure ADV didn't manage to get them just for Starburst edition?
              Wish I could answer that for you...but I only have the first set of DVDs ADV released in the US. I can't afford to get the Starburst sets even if they're cheaper. My ex purchased 98% of my current set of FS DVDs and well...he's my ex now so I can't count on him to give me the Starburst sets.

You'd have to ask someone who has the Starburst sets past whatever number they're on now if there are any more/new bloopers on them.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                Bloopers are great. They so should be on there. And I'm talking about all shows, including SG-1. Bloopers give you a nice little sneak-peek into what really goes on sometimes on sets.
                Yes Bloopers are great for the fans...but sometimes actors/producers don't want their fans to see that aspect of making a show. They feel it ruins the illusion they're creating.

I don't. I LOVE Bloopers and would love to see more from all my fav shows.
                sigpic

Comment

And as I said, there is an approximately 7 minute long blooper reel on disc four, Starburst 2.2, so clearly ADV did get permission for them in some shape or form.

ETA: I overestimated the time, however it's still pretty lengthy.
                  Last edited by Major Fischer; 10 August 2006, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCA
                    P.S. your banner is just awsome hahah I miss my muppets!
                    I miss Pilot that's for sure... and Claudia looks so lost without them in that publicity still

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      I miss Pilot that's for sure... and Claudia looks so lost without them in that publicity still
                      Many of us miss Pilot. And let's not forget Rygel too.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I often want to throw Rigel out an airlock. In a good way. But Pilot... Pilot I want to take home to meet my mother.

That and the fog bank behind Claudia is thick enough I bet you could loose Pilot in it.

ETA: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          I often want to throw Rigel out an airlock. In a good way. But Pilot... Pilot I want to take home to meet my mother.

That and the fog bank behind Claudia is thick enough I bet you could loose Pilot in it.

ETA: Spelling
                          I don't know, I'd take Rygel home to meet my family too. Thing is, I'd just have to tell them all to keep an eye on their possessions.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't know, I'd take Rygel home to meet my family too. Thing is, I'd just have to tell them all to keep an eye on their possessions.
                            I'd also tell them to hide all the candy and to be careful to not make him nervous or mad. I'd also make sure that Rygel hadn't eaten any of the root that's used to make the oil that the pulse weapons use. That could be a little too HOT to handle if he had to pee.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd also tell them to hide all the candy and to be careful to not make him nervous or mad. I'd also make sure that Rygel hadn't eaten any of the root that's used to make the oil that the pulse weapons use. That could be a little too HOT to handle if he had to pee.
                              LMAO!!!! You can sure say that again.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I miss Pilot, too. And Rygel. And John. And Aeryn. And D'Argo. And Chiana.

And, let us not forget Moya. She had her own great part in making this series what it is.

PKW came in the mail today and I watched it. It was brilliant! Though, I exactly count it as a trade-off for another season--or several--it is a more honorable ending to the series and saves the audience from an indefinite cliffhanger after Season 4. And, it also provides a sparkle of hope for the future.

I now agree more than ever, too, that a trip to Hyneria is indeed a logical course.
                                sigpic
                                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                                Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Working...
                                X