Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender
    I always thought ( with the whole thing being henson) that it would have been funny if one of the nicknames that John called Rygel was Kermit...I havn't seen an ep where that happened though.
    LOL! Well, I know Aeryn referred to him like that in Season 4's "Kansas".
    Spoiler:
    They were on Earth in the past, and she referred to Rygel as Kermit to an investigating policeman.
    Last edited by the fifth man; 30 July 2006, 07:09 PM.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe
      Oh newbies to Farscape, I miss those days of first time viewing. You are in for one heck of a ride. I was a late comer to the fandom, I started watching at the season finale of season 1. And the puppets aren't just puppets, they are HENSON puppets, far superior to others anywhere.
      I walked into the room when my hubby was watching an ep, looked at Pilot and said, *this has to be Henson, only Henson could do this*. When I finally sat down and watched a full episode I wasn't surprised to see the name Henson roll through at the final credits.
      I didn't have SciLie when FS first aired.. but we had USA and they were running ads for it (back when SciLie might have cared a bit about the show) and I stood there in the telly room pointing at the telly saying "I'd watch that." Then the three magic words were spoken...

JIM HENSON PRODUCTIONS and I was hooked...and hadn't see an eps at all! I'm a HUGE JHP fan...Jim Henson was a GOD! A GOD I tell you!

I've always wanted to just rub Pilot's big ol' shell head. He's my fav puppet from FS, always will be. Rygie's ok...but Pilot...dude he frellin' ROCKS!

*sighs

That's why it breaks my heart he's all packed up in a box some where.

*sighs again and bottom lip quivers
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

"Into the Lion's Den, Part 2" came on a few arns ago--my favorite of Season 3.

It cannot be said enough how an amazing of a performance Lani gives as Crais there...

Spoiler:
        Really, climatic...

...and the music!

My only complaint: THOSE FRELLING COMMERCIALS!!!! I'm sitting there, the episode is in the middle of a really intense moment, tears in my eyes, and this zippidy-do-da advertisement comes on, shattering the whole moment!

Oh, well... I guess that testifies to some most excellent writing...
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I just saw the last 3 eps of Season 3 here in the UK on our Sci-fi channel. Really great stuff, seriously thinking about getting all the boxsets come payday.

Comment

I would like to see 'baby D'argo' all grown up. Maybe Browder could step up to the plate for it? I would hope, that the wormhole to Earp would already exsists. (YEAH...I said it EARP!) How the frell is everyone? Here Scorpi..Scorpi.. Scorpi. Please! Don't let the last episode be 'Peacekeeper Wars'. As a diehard fan...there must be a way to save this show! After all...they did raise $ to make the 'Mini Series'? Go for the Gusto! Just bring it back already...Killer Treads Everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Psi-fi/Steph
              I would like to see 'baby D'argo' all grown up. Maybe Browder could step up to the plate for it? I would hope, that the wormhole to Earp would already exsists. (YEAH...I said it EARP!) How the frell is everyone? Here Scorpi..Scorpi.. Scorpi. Please! Don't let the last episode be 'Peacekeeper Wars'. As a diehard fan...there must be a way to save this show! After all...they did raise $ to make the 'Mini Series'? Go for the Gusto! Just bring it back already...Killer Treads Everyone!
              welcome to the thread! I totally agree, we need more than just peacekeeper wars.

Spoiler:

hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
              Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
              OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

welcome to the thread! I totally agree, we need more than just peacekeeper wars.
                Without a doubt. There are still a lot of good Farscape stories to be told.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  Without a doubt. There are still a lot of good Farscape stories to be told.
                  Indeed! As I approach the end of Season 4, I can't help but to wonder what the creators had planned for Season 5.

FRELL THOSE NETWORK DRENHEADS!!!!
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Who in 'Hezmona' creates and gives to a viewing audience a masterpeice and then takes it away? REPENT NOW! Make amenze and keep our favorite sci-fi shows a'comin'! We will love you all FOREVER!(and try to forgive you for your errors).Like ending 'Farscape'. 'Kalenal'

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
                      Indeed! As I approach the end of Season 4, I can't help but to wonder what the creators had planned for Season 5.

FRELL THOSE NETWORK DRENHEADS!!!!
                      I really feel that Season 5 of Farscape would have been something quite special. There were just so many possibilities now available for stories. Oh, the wonder we will never know.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

There's some great clips of Ben and Claudia's panel at the 2004 Farscape convention on youtube if anyone's interested:

Part 1
                        Part 2
                        Part 3
                        Part 4
                        Part 5
                        Part 6
                        Part 7

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Great Pics! Is anyone going to Burbank for this years 'Farscape' convention? How much is it exactly for a 1 day pass? I went to the creations site but it didn't say. Does anyone think that Claudia Black will be there? I hope that these FS Conventions will always be around.

Comment

Much thanks for sharing those, Jades!

Ben and Claudia are just wonderful together.

One of these years I'll go to Burbank Con. Where is Burbank, anyway?
                            sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Its Los Angeles I think...
                              That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin
                                Its Los Angeles I think...
                                Uh, no it's not. Burbank is about TWO hours away from LA.

I'm going and usually the day passes are about $35 a day. Those tickets won't go on sale until probably a couple weeks before the con. But normally, you can get them at the door the day of the con you want to attend.

As for Claudia...that will all depend on her and if she and her agent agree to the contract that Creation has sent her/them. It will also depend on if Claudia will accept it or make huge demands (like she normally does) on Creation and if they can afford it. Not slaggin' on Claudia, that's just what I've been told by someone who works with other actors getting them into FS Creation cons.

Btw, anyone else planning on coming...fly in to BURBANK, not LA. It might be a wee bit more expensive flight ways, but in the long run...your sanity will be much better for it.
                                sigpic
                                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X