No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jool is a regular in S3. I think I originally found her annoying as well but grew to love her character in subsequent rewatches.

Yeah she kinda takes over some of Zhaan's duties, like medical treatment...minus the calming influence.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

In otherwords Jool is going to be a pretty hostile character for a doctor! lol Hate to be on her medical table being fixed up with her being hostile! haha

I assume that her hair changes colour when she's mad. At one point it was orange and when she went to attack John she became unity with the red colour - obviously representing she is angry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Jool is a regular in S3. I think I originally found her annoying as well but grew to love her character in subsequent rewatches.

Yeah she kinda takes over some of Zhaan's duties, like medical treatment...minus the calming influence.
        Jool definitely became more tolerable over my countless re-watches.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Bite me is a great episode, it had that zombie kind of feel to it with the peace keepers eating the pilots arms and all.

I originally thought it was Moya and that they had somehow gone into the future but not got a double whammy with the John Crighten's at the end. This should be an interesting experience.

My thoughts with the look on Aeryn's face: Deep down she is pleased.
          sigpic

Comment

"Eat Me" is not everyone's cup of tea being a zombie episode and all, but it sets the start of a bold experiment that turned out... well, you'll see
            About Jool - I don't think she or any new character is thought as a replacement. She certainly fills up some of the emptiness (her scientific background kind of forces her to take the role of the healer when needed), that's true, but there's a certain logic behind it. And yes, her hair becomes red when she gets upset Yes, she's quite annoying but wouldn't we be as annoying if we were in her shoes? Personally, whatever happens in the series, it makes me try to imagine myself in the respective situation and this helps me understand everything and everyone better. (That's what Farscape did and does for me - I think of my viewer's perceptions as before and after Farscape but that's another topic and a big one too ) Rygel and Pilot? I like to joke that even now you can't convince me they are puppets and not living, uhm, people - yes, they're full-blooded characters and I do love them. I've watched Farscape three times since last October and it just creeps deeper under my skin with time. There are a number of episodes I've watched 4 or 5 times; not necessarily the "best" or the most popular - sometimes an episode starts "talking" in my head and insists it's high time I rewatched it. "...Different Destinations" had been bugging me for three days and last night I finally succumbed. I had a moment of hesitation because someone on Facebook posted a picture containing the words "dog" and "bones" and I was sooo tempted to jump to "Dog with Two Bones" - who wouldn't? (Darkland, you'll know what I mean when you get to it - it's the S3 finale and one of the best episodes ever made) Alas, DD won. Any regrets? No. It's painful but brutally honest. Now I can go back to doing my own stuff and if I'm productive, I'll reward myself with another episode. Maybe even DWTB ;-)
            (Concerning Zhaan, I can't help sharing my good luck - two weeks ago I went to my first convention and Virginia was there I got to hug her at my photo op, to chat with her at the autograph session, to listen to her from the first row during her panel - cloud nine can bite me, this shot me straight to the Uncharted Territories of Heaven! )
            sigpic

Comment

That must have been awesome meeting her.

Just watched the episode where Aeryn met her mother. A tastefully done episode, and I had no doubt in the end that she had to die as otherwise she would be hunting her daughter , Crais and Crighten down.

Loved the fact that Aeryn and John were "making love noises" to annoy Rygel.

I don't doubt that Aeryn was hoping that her mom would have changed her mind, but being a peacekeeper and programmed with everythign that was in her head, I knew it wasn't going to happen. I am glad that she didn't end up shooting her, I mean who could shoot their own parent in these circumstances? Crighten definetly shouldn't have done it, it would be a bad deal breaker. Can you see that conversation with Aeryn back on Taylon?

Aeryn: What a night.

John (cuddling up beside her): You in the mood to play around?

Aeryn: You want to have sex with me after shooting my mother in cold blood? Are you mentally derranged?

John: No. Not mentally derranged. Derranged with Love.

Overall was a fantastic episode. Really liked it. Although I was confused if this Crighten was the real Crighten or if it's the copy, but I think the way I am going to look at is Jool said in a previous episode, that they are both the same Crighten, just two copies over them. Identical from brain to DNA and to his body. I don't think you could really look into it much more than that.

I had an evil thought - maybe her relationship with this Crighten is just a practice one.... I know I'm cruel.. But this show just allows you think such a horrid thought.

Rygel: You don't love him? He loves you you sebastian *****.

Aeryn: I know that Rygel. But I need to see what I am getting into before I have the real Crighten.

Rygel: He is real, you idiot!

Aeryn: It's a practice run. I am not going to break his heart....

Rygel: You don't deserve him.

LOL. The possibilities are endless.

I actually seem to like the way they're making this work. Having one episode with moya crew, and then the next episode with taylon crew. Although I feel Rygel is better suited to everyone on screen not just the Taylon crew. But hey, it's fun to see them split up.
              sigpic

Comment

It was definitely an interesting way that they handled Season 3 for that stretch of episodes. I liked the every other episode thing they had going with Moya and Talyn.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just watched the episode where the Taylon John died.. beatifully done, but fricken sad ....

Season has been three brilliant, was so gutted when Aeryn's John died...it was as if we were loosing the main character, it's going to be an interesting to see how Moya John and Aeryn deal with this when they eventually return to eachother. Hopefully that will be soon.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
                    Just watched the episode where the Taylon John died.. beatifully done, but fricken sad ....

Season has been three brilliant, was so gutted when Aeryn's John died...it was as if we were loosing the main character, it's going to be an interesting to see how Moya John and Aeryn deal with this when they eventually return to eachother. Hopefully that will be soon.
                    Yeah, things will definitely be very interesting now. You are in for some amazing stuff IMO.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Having a bit of a break atm but will get to re-watching again soon. Most likely on thursday on my bday!
                      sigpic

Comment

Watched The Choice tonight....

I just loved this episode poetic, so beautifully master minded! Claudia Black's acting in this episode was the best. She nailed the grief perfectly and just brang it all that she could into this particular episode.

Wow, so my original thought on her mother that she was left alive, was right. I know in a previous episode a few before hand, that Crais let her go, but I wasn't sure to trust that particular vision at that stage. (Not sure why I didn't). I can;t believe he did that, and to find her on that planet while Aeryn was greiving for Crighten, was just dramatic.

I loved the way it all came together. They all cared for her and didn't want to go without her, obviously wanting to help, even Rygel. I just loved his speech to her when he was with her at her "room" in mid air. That's probably one of the most fantastic scenes Rygel has had.

I loved hearing Zhann's voice again, was lovely. I really liked Stark in this episode, I think this is the kind of episode I was waiting for to see the humility that I didn't see in other episodes from him. I take back my previous comments I said about him. He does care and he believes he was trying to help her.

Those scenes with her mom must have been tough for Aeryn. Here she was , the mother that was going to kill her again (and also having to deal with the loss of Crighten in her own way) and now she had to deal with a peacekeeper who somewhat lost her soul to the whole thing. I think her dealth in itself could not be avoided, she gave up on herself, and had been lost since. I can't forgive her actions about tricking her that her father was alive, it was pretty disgusting (but I understand she is a peacekeeper and all had to try and do everything to either bring Aeryn in , if that was her ultimate goal or just kill her, which I think if Crais didn't come in when he did, he would have).

I had a feeling though Aeryn wanted her mom to shoot her. I just I think saw a look in Aeryn's eye saying "end it, so I can be with Crighten".

Brutal end where she switched off . I am looking for the right term here but can't seem to get it out and said a rather coldish goodbye to the "Crighten" that was appearing at her throughout the episodes.

This episode was Claudia's best I reckon! Just brilliantly nailed the emotions and all! I can't fault anything about this episode, it was just perfectly executed.

What does everyone else think? I have interpreted this in a way which you probably may not agree with (I hope that's okay).
                        sigpic

Comment

"The Choice" is definitely a very strong episode. We needed to see Aeryn going through this IMO.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I think so, because if we didn't it would have messed up the storyline and the viewing of the preceeding episodes to come and why she was so cold and distant to Moya John (here I think she just thought he was the copy of John, I did too at one point, but I realized that they are both the same just there is two of them). I think she had to go through that grief in order to deal with Moya John. She loved Tayln John, with all her heart as we saw her relax as their relationship progressed, so seeing Moya John was just going to bring that back.

Still riveting viewing in my opinion! Was well done and executed well and Rygel he really stepped up in this episode.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkland View Post
                              I think so, because if we didn't it would have messed up the storyline and the viewing of the preceeding episodes to come and why she was so cold and distant to Moya John (here I think she just thought he was the copy of John, I did too at one point, but I realized that they are both the same just there is two of them). I think she had to go through that grief in order to deal with Moya John. She loved Tayln John, with all her heart as we saw her relax as their relationship progressed, so seeing Moya John was just going to bring that back.

Still riveting viewing in my opinion! Was well done and executed well and Rygel he really stepped up in this episode.
                              He has always been one of my favorite characters on this show.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Mine too. I love him more with every rewatched episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X