Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Does anyone think that the whole Nebari plot thing alluded to quite a few times should have been focused on more? Personally, I sure do. It could have been the main focus of pretty much a whole season IMO.
    Yes. I have made that complant before that thier were other stories to explore in detail then overfocusing on John and Aeryn.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I just feel the Nebari could have made pretty awesome bad guys. They could definitely be pretty creepy.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just feel the Nebari could have made pretty awesome bad guys. They could definitely be pretty creepy.
        Agreed. Wish we got to see more of their plot.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Agreed. Wish we got to see more of their plot.
          That is something that might have been resolved if there was a fifth season, as PKW was a very condensed version of a full season. On the other hand, the Nebari storyline might have been too far off the main John-Aeryn axis to be brought up again. Farscape is primarily a character-based show unlike a more plot-based one like Babylon 5, and the major characters were John and Aeryn, so anything not directly related to them just wasn't that important. What we did see of the Nebari I think was just to provide some background to Chiana, not be a primary plotline.

I'm a long-time Farscape fan, started in during the 3rd season break on SciFi and got quickly caught up. I fell so hard for the show that when SciFi abruptly cancelled the promised fifth (and planned final) season, I was so bitter that I personally permanently boycotted that channel after "Bad Timing" aired, and which remains in effect.

Comment

Does anyone think that the whole Nebari plot thing alluded to quite a few times should have been focused on more? Personally, I sure do. It could have been the main focus of pretty much a whole season IMO.
            The Nabari would have been a really great bad guy. Really wish we knew more of what they were up to. Did it ever get dealt with?
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              The Nabari would have been a really great bad guy. Really wish we knew more of what they were up to. Did it ever get dealt with?
              No, not really. And that is what bugs me. I would love to know what their true plans were.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, the comic series will be coming to a close pretty soon apparently. While this makes me sad, at least we had more Farscape stories being told over the past three or so years. I really hope this isn't the end completely for Farscape. I would love additional books, or occasional comics, etc.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

No, not really. And that is what bugs me. I would love to know what their true plans were.
                  Sort of in this same vein - Chianna's prescience that happens during S3 & 4. Could that have been caused by the plague they infected Chi with? Kind of an aftereffect of living through it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Sort of in this same vein - Chianna's prescience that happens during S3 & 4. Could that have been caused by the plague they infected Chi with? Kind of an aftereffect of living through it?
                    I think the precognition was a result of her experience with the Energy Rider. But, anything is possible.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ok, I'm only on my second watch through. The Energy Rider?
                      sigpic

Comment

Ok, I'm only on my second watch through. The Energy Rider?
                        From the Season 3 episode "Losing Time".
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I am pretty bummed that the comics will be coming to an end. It was a fun ride though.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I am pretty bummed that the comics will be coming to an end. It was a fun ride though.
                            I haven't read any of the ongoing yet as I'm waiting for the tpbs, but at least we got some extra story and I was kinda surprised it lasted as long as it has.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                              I haven't read any of the ongoing yet as I'm waiting for the tpbs, but at least we got some extra story and I was kinda surprised it lasted as long as it has.
                              Two years as an ongoing series.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Oh, bummer. Sorry.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X