Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McClance View Post
    According to the FarScape Wiki's timeline, Aeryn was in her 80s during the series, having been born in 1917.

I'm not sure where they're getting their information, though. I was guessing it was mentioned in one of the comics. It doesn't seem right, seeing how much Aeryn aged physically after, was it 50 years in "The Locket" when she returned to Moya the first time? And then, seeing how her mother looked, both in the record of her visiting young Aeryn and how she appeared in the present (both in "Thanks For Sharing").

I assumed she was about the same age as Claudia, like John and D'Argo's ages were about the same as Ben and Anthony's.
    Sebeceans are much older and age a lot slower then Humans. Aeryn was NOT Claudia's age, she just looked it. I don't remember when in the series it's mentioned but Aeryn is way older than John or D'Argo like I want to say by decades older.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Sebeceans are much older and age a lot slower then Humans. Aeryn was NOT Claudia's age, she just looked it. I don't remember when in the series it's mentioned but Aeryn is way older than John or D'Argo like I want to say by decades older.
      Guess it is time for me to do a little re-watch here. I really need to know this now.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I accept that. And, I accept that we don't know how old Xhalax was when she had Aeryn. But, if the FarScape Wiki is correct, Xhalax would have to be over a hundred years old by the time we see her in the series' time frame in "Thanks For Sharing". Going by what Aeryn told Larraq in "A Bug's Life" about her history as a pilot, we can assume that Sebaceans grow up at the same speed as Humans. Xhalax didn't look anywhere near to how Aeryn looked at the age of 133 in "The Locket".
        sigpic
        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I accept that. And, I accept that we don't know how old Xhalax was when she had Aeryn. But, if the FarScape Wiki is correct, Xhalax would have to be over a hundred years old by the time we see her in the series' time frame in "Thanks For Sharing". Going by what Aeryn told Larraq in "A Bug's Life" about her history as a pilot, we can assume that Sebaceans grow up at the same speed as Humans. Xhalax didn't look anywhere near to how Aeryn looked at the age of 133 in "The Locket".
          Believe what you want. Aeryn herself at some point in the show tells John she is MUCH older than he is. I never assume anything. Sebaceans may or may not age at the same rate as Humans. I lean towards they age more slowly since Aeryn is at least a couple decades older then John. Also, the Wiki is developed by FANS so it isn't always going to be correct.
          sigpic

Comment

Well, when you find the revealing dialogue, you can let us know.

And, I wasn't saying that the Wiki was correct, at least entirely. I know it has errors.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Well, when you find the revealing dialogue, you can let us know.
              I'm not going to find the dialogue, feel free to find it yourself. I will have no problems saying I was wrong if someone else finds that I was. I'm going off memory as I re-watched the show last summer.

And, I wasn't saying that the Wiki was correct, at least entirely. I know it has errors.
              I wasn't saying you were, I was merely reminding folks that like IMDB any type of Wiki page is done by fans.
              sigpic

Comment

I really need to find a little more time to look this up.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I really need to find a little more time to look this up.
                  I've asked about it on another forum because I don't have time to re-watch the entire series. Hopefully I'll get an answer.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've asked about it on another forum because I don't have time to re-watch the entire series. Hopefully I'll get an answer.
                    If you do, please post it, would you?
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So far the consensus is that she's younger then John. BUT if the year she was born is correct, that would mean she is DECADES older then John since I believe he was born in the early to mid 1960's considering his age when he's sucked through the wormhole. Sebaceans do age slower then Humans so she could look younger than she really is.

As I said...I could be wrong in thinking she's older, wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I have no problem admitting it.
                      sigpic

Comment

John was born in 1969 without a doubt. He said he was 16 when he lost his virginity to Karen Shaw
                        Spoiler:
                        (aka Chiana)
                        which was depicted in "Kansas" during the 1985 portion.
                        sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Maybe my brain was thinking about the convo in The Locket. I guess I'm wrong in thinking that Aeryn is older than John. I just always guessed she was because again I always thought Sebaceans aged a lot slower then Humans and that's why she looks so young. Anyway, looks like I was wrong. No big.

Moving on.
                          sigpic

Comment

I always thought Aeryn was older than John because Sebaceans aged slower. I don't remember the episode where she mentions that she's older though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              I always thought Aeryn was older than John because Sebaceans aged slower. I don't remember the episode where she mentions that she's older though.
                              There is a conversation in "The Locket" where Aeryn calls John an "old man", and John replies something about the absurdity of a woman some times older than him calling him "old man". But, that doesn't count because Aeryn had spent 50 years aging on a planet while Moya and everyone aboard were frozen in time.
                              sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I can't remember it either. That does bug me too, since I could almost swear I remember that coming up at some point. Oh well, they are a happily married couple. That is all that matters.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X