Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post

I knew I wasn't alone in that way of thinking.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Farscape is only 1 of 2 shows that over 30 yrs of tv watching didn't disappoint me before it ended (the other was Scarecrow & Mrs King back in the 80's). So that says alot.

Also I love reading fanfic. (about 95% of my reading) But I start reading it for a show when it doesn't give me what I'm looking for in the show or it goes downhill or the characters etc change - almost always related to relationship stuff. I read lots of SG1 fic, X-Files, Sports Night, etc. I've read a few Farscape fics but mostly I like the show so much how they portrayed John and Aeryn that I don't want feel the need to supplement it. And for me that says a HUGE amount. I can't think of any other show that I like this much that I don't read fanfic for.
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I am just very thankful that the comics are continuing to tell this wonderful story. I hope they continue for a very long time.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Farscape as a TV show may have been cut short, but it impacted me greatly, even to this day. That is why I still like to discuss it daily. Farscape is 4 seasons worth of some of the best television ever made IMO.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          Farscape is only 1 of 2 shows that over 30 yrs of tv watching didn't disappoint me before it ended (the other was Scarecrow & Mrs King back in the 80's). So that says alot.

Also I love reading fanfic. (about 95% of my reading) But I start reading it for a show when it doesn't give me what I'm looking for in the show or it goes downhill or the characters etc change - almost always related to relationship stuff. I read lots of SG1 fic, X-Files, Sports Night, etc. I've read a few Farscape fics but mostly I like the show so much how they portrayed John and Aeryn that I don't want feel the need to supplement it. And for me that says a HUGE amount. I can't think of any other show that I like this much that I don't read fanfic for.
          I hear ya. I've read maybe 1 or 2 FS fanfics (wrote one myself) but I was satisfied with how the show played out. Besides, for me with FS, most (even the really talented) fic writers couldn't hold a candle to the show's writers.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            I hear ya. I've read maybe 1 or 2 FS fanfics (wrote one myself) but I was satisfied with how the show played out. Besides, for me with FS, most (even the really talented) fic writers couldn't hold a candle to the show's writers.
            Exactly. The show was written that well. I had even more respect listening to the commentaries and their choices for various eps and character development. In every fandom, there is alot more bad/poor fics than good ones (or just ones that aren't your style) and I gpt enough from the show that I didn't want to taint it going thru the poor fics to get to the good ones.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

I am just very thankful that the comics are continuing to tell this wonderful story. I hope they continue for a very long time.
              I miss these. I just can't afford them at this time. Does anyone know if they are in a library or some place I can read them for free?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                I miss these. I just can't afford them at this time. Does anyone know if they are in a library or some place I can read them for free?
                I sure understand that. For now though, I keep finding ways to get them. I hope you can get a hold of them at some point.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

FS is definitely in my top 5 sci-fi shows of all time. It was brilliantly written, it had lots of humor to soften the blows of the angsty bits. It's actually one of the very few shows that I really got into the characters, and episodes made me cry. Only other series I can think of like that are SG-1, and Nana (anime drama)
                  sigpic

Comment

Farscape and Stargate SG-1 will probably always be my two all-time favorite shows.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just watched "The Locket" from Season 2 earlier tonight. Such a good episode.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Farscape and Stargate SG-1 will probably always be my two all-time favorite shows.
                        Me too along with Star Trek's ENT and TNG and Babylon 5 for sci fi shows
                        sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          Me too along with Star Trek's ENT and TNG and Babylon 5 for sci fi shows
                          I definitely loved TNG.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I just watched "The Locket" from Season 2 earlier tonight. Such a good episode.
                            Yeah that's one of my favourites.. and so sad that John and Aeryn don't remember it I thought it was all going to come flooding back to her on the weird death planet when she was in mourning and got visited by old man Crichton but no. It's especially a shame for John since he presumably won't get to grow old with Aeryn as he kind of did in "The Locket".
                            "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Originally posted by Huaracocha View Post
                              Yeah that's one of my favourites.. and so sad that John and Aeryn don't remember it I thought it was all going to come flooding back to her on the weird death planet when she was in mourning and got visited by old man Crichton but no. It's especially a shame for John since he presumably won't get to grow old with Aeryn as he kind of did in "The Locket".
                              Yeah, maybe not like that. But they can still grow old together.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, maybe not like that. But they can still grow old together.
                                Well to some extent.. but unless John gets some kind of genetic enhancement or longevity treatment or something, he'll most likely be dead by the time Aeryn is middle-aged and paying a visit to his newborn daughter on that ex-PK colony
                                "There is only one universe. It can only contain one life. It is me." - MorningLightMountain

Comment

Working...
                                X