Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flemi View Post
    Thanks the fifth man Well, the thing is I saw a few episodes from season 1 back in the day but at that time I found it to be.. well, just a puppet show to laugh at, you know.. It's a shame really. I didn't realize what's the show all about until later on when I got totally hooked into Stargate. After watching all SG-1/SGA episodes I became kinda frustrated. I just needed to find something new, scifi-based stuff to watch at. All the sudden I remembered Farscape, and was like.. Should I really check this out or not. Well, you know the result and I'm so glad of the outcome. Somehow I think what's happened to me isn't rare at all.. I bet there's lots and lots of people right now biting their nails off and hoping for farscape's unlikely return.
    At least you finally gave it a try. I am glad you ended up liking it. Just goes to show that we shouldn't judge something without giving it a fair shot.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      At least you finally gave it a try. I am glad you ended up liking it. Just goes to show that we shouldn't judge something without giving it a fair shot.
      It took me a long time to decide to try it. I'm glad I did.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Trying the best I can to avoid spoilers, so I my not reply to many people until I'm done Season 3...or even later.

But watched "Incubator" today, and it might be one of my favorite for season 3! Loved getting
        Spoiler:
        Scorpius backstory

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          Trying the best I can to avoid spoilers, so I my not reply to many people until I'm done Season 3...or even later.

But watched "Incubator" today, and it might be one of my favorite for season 3! Loved getting
          Spoiler:
          Scorpius backstory
          Ooh, Meltdown is next.

John: Focus! Eyes on the task. Remember the mist. The mist is not your friend.

Aeryn: Right. Bad mist.

John: (with a sigh of yearning) Naughty mist.

And Infinite Possibilities is coming up. Will not comment, will not comment.
          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            Ooh, Meltdown is next.

John: Focus! Eyes on the task. Remember the mist. The mist is not your friend.

Aeryn: Right. Bad mist.

John: (with a sigh of yearning) Naughty mist.

And Infinite Possibilities is coming up. Will not comment, will not comment.
            Definitely an emotional ending to that one.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As of a couple days ago I finished my month-long foray into Farscape. I think the only episode I watched during it's original run was
              Spoiler:
              when Moya gave birth to Talyn

I remember being fascinated with Zhaan's look when I used to see ads but whenever I would cruise an episode for a few minutes I never knew what the hezmana was going on and I'd give up.

Having finished it, I like it but I have to say it's definitely the weirdest show I've ever seen. My mini reviews...
              Season 1 was slightly boring.
              Season 2 was okay.
              Season 3 was just too weird, I almost gave up a few times.
              Season 4 l loved.
              And "The Peacekeeper Wars" was excellent. That was one of the best wrap-ups I've ever seen. Did not disappoint.
              sigpic

Comment

Personally, it is hard for me to choose a favorite season. They were each great for their own reasons IMO. That, and each of them had some really amazing episodes.

What I loved most though about this show, was watching the relationships between the main cast members grow and evolve over the seasons.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Most of my favourite episodes were from season two, I think.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, Infinite Possibilities was some epic stuff. But "Revenging Angel" is something I enjoyed alot more, and since I was very tired while watching that episode I actually doubted my sanity for a moment!
                    Spoiler:
                    But cartoon D'Argo and Scorpius was just suhweet!

Spoiler:
                    So far I'm finding this Talyn/Moya switch episode thing to be really neat this season. But I'm loving the stories on Moya much more. I'm thinking its because I love the character combination of Chiana, D'Argo, Crichton, and Jool(I dunno why, bit I find Jool to be alot of fun to have around) more than the combination of the crew on Talyn. I love both storylines though.

Just watched "The Choice", I think "Fractures" is next.

Comment

Yeah, Infinite Possibilities was some epic stuff. But "Revenging Angel" is something I enjoyed alot more, and since I was very tired while watching that episode I actually doubted my sanity for a moment!
                      Spoiler:
                      But cartoon D'Argo and Scorpius was just suhweet!

Spoiler:
                      So far I'm finding this Talyn/Moya switch episode thing to be really neat this season. But I'm loving the stories on Moya much more. I'm thinking its because I love the character combination of Chiana, D'Argo, Crichton, and Jool(I dunno why, bit I find Jool to be alot of fun to have around) more than the combination of the crew on Talyn. I love both storylines though.

Just watched "The Choice", I think "Fractures" is next.
                      . Lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        . Lock up the women and hide the fried chicken!
                        I love Crichton for his crazy sayings! Its not often when the main character of a show is one of my favorites!

Comment

I love Crichton for his crazy sayings! Its not often when the main character of a show is one of my favorites!
                          John Crichton was definitely a one of a kind character. Definitely not your typical hero.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

What's up Dargo?

sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

It was funny how he taught the crew some of his sayings.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                                It was funny how he taught the crew some of his sayings.
                                He definitely rubbed off on them to a certain extent, as did they with him.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X