Spoiler:
    Thought they focused way too much on John/Aeryn
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      Oooh... what happens next is nuts.

Spoiler:
      The head clone appears a whole lot for the rest of the season too.
      Harvey!!!
      Spoiler:
      Ain't no smoking in my head!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I really didn't like the twining arc.

Spoiler:
      Thought they focused way too much on John/Aeryn
      Spoiler:
      That was the best part!!
      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        Harvey!!!
        Spoiler:

Harvey is funny sometimes.

Spoiler:
        Is that a health risk somehow?
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Harvey!!!
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          That was the best part!!
          Overindulgence in a particular storyline is never a good idea especially for non-shippers.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

how can you love Farscape and be a non-shipper? At least for Aeryn and John

Spoiler:
            It is so cannon, since not only do they get together, have sex , but also a bably!! I consider the agnst of their relationship a major part of the show and can't imagine the show without it.

That's part of makes Farscape so great is that they could actually write a good relationship and fit it in with the story.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Spoiler:
              It is so cannon, since not only do they get together, have sex , but also a bably!! I consider the agnst of their relationship a major part of the show and can't imagine the show without it.

That's part of makes Farscape so great is that they could actually write a good relationship and fit it in with the story.
              The John/Aeryn story was definitely a huge part of Farscape. Honestly, I think their story is partly why my wife loved this show so much while watching it not too long ago. They definitely did a great job of creating as real of a relationship as possible for this show, with all the ups and downs.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Spoiler:

Because its not the whole point of the show. People watch for different reasons. It dragged on for me. That is not to say it was bad just overused
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Because its not the whole point of the show. People watch for different reasons. It dragged on for me. That is not to say it was bad just overused
                  In that case, I guess you are lucky that Farscape was full of enough other great story-lines and characters.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Relationships are a part of life. Art imitates life. Even though it's sci fi, they were able to explore very real problems within a relationship with John and Aeryn.

Spoiler:
                    I loved the twinning arc and the aftermath of it because they were able to explore real situations (a loved one dying) and how someone would be affected by such a devastating loss without losing the relationship in the long run. And then, they were able to explore the real problems of two people in love who just aren't on the same page, drug use and how that affects a relationship, lying and w/holding information, and one person being able to love again after a loved one has died. Without the twinning arc, a lot of those things wouldn't have been able to be explored

Truly great stuff, IMO. And also, I think a significant other who is truly the other person's half... it's that person that keeps you going. Farscape is ultimately about John Crichton. And with Aeryn, he is able to lean on her while the insanity unravels around him. She is his greatest strength and greatest weakness... much like real love and a real relationship.

Comment

Farscape... What can I say.. One of the best scifi tv-series of all times. I had to continue the story by reading comics and the idea of actually reading comics at this age is something I consider, well childish. No offense. And you know what, the comics are great! Not as great as seeing farscape in tv-format but it's something to keep up with the story.. I was so full of hate when I realized there's no more episodes/movies to watch and am still wondering why won't they continue this awesome series..? Yeah, they've promised webisodes for ages and by now I'm thinking that's just false hope.. But false hope's better than no hope at all.. And I'm living in this land of unicorns and false hopes by someday seeing Farscape season 5 or a new movie being announced and released. Same goes to Stargate movies or to SGA's/SG-1's may I say impossible return. English isn't my native language so I'm sorry for possible typos here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmacky View Post
                        Relationships are a part of life. Art imitates life. Even though it's sci fi, they were able to explore very real problems within a relationship with John and Aeryn.

Spoiler:
                        I loved the twinning arc and the aftermath of it because they were able to explore real situations (a loved one dying) and how someone would be affected by such a devastating loss without losing the relationship in the long run. And then, they were able to explore the real problems of two people in love who just aren't on the same page, drug use and how that affects a relationship, lying and w/holding information, and one person being able to love again after a loved one has died. Without the twinning arc, a lot of those things wouldn't have been able to be explored

Truly great stuff, IMO. And also, I think a significant other who is truly the other person's half... it's that person that keeps you going. Farscape is ultimately about John Crichton. And with Aeryn, he is able to lean on her while the insanity unravels around him. She is his greatest strength and greatest weakness... much like real love and a real relationship.
                        Of course it is. And I have nothing against it being apart the show. It was done very realasticly. I just say it was overdone in the later years. I don't find the show just about John. To me it felt like it was more about the crew on Moya then just one character
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

It definitely was an ensemble show. And by me saying the show is about John, I'm not denying that the show was more than just him. I'm just saying, the show's main story arc is about an astronaut's journey from Earth to the UTs and how he dealt through it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmacky View Post
                            It definitely was an ensemble show. And by me saying the show is about John, I'm not denying that the show was more than just him. I'm just saying, the show's main story arc is about an astronaut's journey from Earth to the UTs and how he dealt through it all.
                            I totally agree with your post. John was the center of this show, surrounded by many great, very deep characters. Without the rest of Moya's crew, Pilot, and well, Moya, this show simply would not have been as great as it was.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Flemi View Post
                              Farscape... What can I say.. One of the best scifi tv-series of all times. I had to continue the story by reading comics and the idea of actually reading comics at this age is something I consider, well childish. No offense. And you know what, the comics are great! Not as great as seeing farscape in tv-format but it's something to keep up with the story.. I was so full of hate when I realized there's no more episodes/movies to watch and am still wondering why won't they continue this awesome series..? Yeah, they've promised webisodes for ages and by now I'm thinking that's just false hope.. But false hope's better than no hope at all.. And I'm living in this land of unicorns and false hopes by someday seeing Farscape season 5 or a new movie being announced and released. Same goes to Stargate movies or to SGA's/SG-1's may I say impossible return. English isn't my native language so I'm sorry for possible typos here and there.
                              Welcome to GateWorld, and to this thread. Did you watch Farscape from the very beginning, or did you find it recently?
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thanks the fifth man Well, the thing is I saw a few episodes from season 1 back in the day but at that time I found it to be.. well, just a puppet show to laugh at, you know.. It's a shame really. I didn't realize what's the show all about until later on when I got totally hooked into Stargate. After watching all SG-1/SGA episodes I became kinda frustrated. I just needed to find something new, scifi-based stuff to watch at. All the sudden I remembered Farscape, and was like.. Should I really check this out or not. Well, you know the result and I'm so glad of the outcome. Somehow I think what's happened to me isn't rare at all.. I bet there's lots and lots of people right now biting their nails off and hoping for farscape's unlikely return.

Comment

Working...
                                X