No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm. As nice as Moya is, she wasn't 'complete' without her 'crew'. Not sure I'd want to be part of that crew (I mean: as fun as it may seem, the chances of death, or 'worse', seems pretty HIGH ).

That and Moya doesn't have guns.
    (tho' at one point, she did seem to be THE most destructive ship in the setting )

Brunhilde from LoGH would probably be my pick (better if the fleet it leads is also there )
    From the Farscape setting: maybe a Command Carrier...
    sigpic

Comment

A Command Carrier would seem too cold to me. I could see Moya feeling like home.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        A Command Carrier would seem too cold to me. I could see Moya feeling like home.
        Word. I always preferred Moya for the "home" feeling aspect but if I had to choose between John's pod and Aeryn's Prowler for transportation and fun, I'd totally take the Prowler over his pod. LOL
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
          Word. I always preferred Moya for the "home" feeling aspect but if I had to choose between John's pod and Aeryn's Prowler for transportation and fun, I'd totally take the Prowler over his pod. LOL
          Yeah, the Prowler would definitely be more maneuverable and fast.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You could always compromise and go with Talyn - part Moya - lots of firepower.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I always thought of Moya like a whale

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                You could always compromise and go with Talyn - part Moya - lots of firepower.
                Yeah, but he was pretty screwed up too. Lots of emotional problems. I am not sure it would be worth taking the chance.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Yeah, but he was pretty screwed up too. Lots of emotional problems. I am not sure it would be worth taking the chance.
                  I wonder if Talyn would have turned out the same way if Crais hadn't taken him from Moya.
                  sigpic
                  "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                  Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                    I wonder if Talyn would have turned out the same way if Crais hadn't taken him from Moya.
                    Hard to tell.
                    I mean, it's possible that Talyn's 'instability' was due to the whole process that made him what he was (a hybrid between Leviathan and PK technology).
                    I mean, even under Crais, he seemed to be unstable all on his own. If he had more time with Moya (lots more time), maybe he would've been better...maybe not.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
                      Hard to tell.
                      I mean, it's possible that Talyn's 'instability' was due to the whole process that made him what he was (a hybrid between Leviathan and PK technology).
                      I mean, even under Crais, he seemed to be unstable all on his own. If he had more time with Moya (lots more time), maybe he would've been better...maybe not.
                      I think a lot of Talyn's instability came from Crais, he was pretty unstable himself when he basically took Talyn. Up until then Talyn had bonded with Aeryn some what and then Crais came along and screwed that up. But that's just my humble opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think a lot of Talyn's instability came from Crais, he was pretty unstable himself when he basically took Talyn. Up until then Talyn had bonded with Aeryn some what and then Crais came along and screwed that up. But that's just my humble opinion.
                        Ditto.

And for the record, I'd choose Moya, too. I mean, she'd grow just about anything you'd need.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                          Ditto.

And for the record, I'd choose Moya, too. I mean, she'd grow just about anything you'd need.
                          Just remember, Do NOT Swallow the Dentic!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                            With or without Crais, I believe Talyn still would have been very unstable. Maybe having Moya around more would have helped, but, there is no guarantee of that.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Indeed!
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I couldn't stop laughing at that scene
                                │▌║█▌││║█ █║│██│║║
                                .Browncoat.Gater.Trekkie.
                                Aftermath Lyall 'Bean' Benedict New Seasons

Comment

Working...
                                X