Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iffy View Post
    I know The silly girl asked me if she should buy. I told her of course!
    Adding a show this good to your DVD collection is always a good decision.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Adding a show this good to your DVD collection is always a good decision.
      I know.
      sigpic

Comment

My new box set finally arrived!!!
        I've heard the quality is WAY better on this one. I think I'll be happy with it forever.
        Now... to get a new DVD player for the living room.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          My new box set finally arrived!!!
          I've heard the quality is WAY better on this one. I think I'll be happy with it forever.
          Now... to get a new DVD player for the living room.
          Glad to hear that you got it. I hope you enjoy it.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I got my new Season 1 DVDs last Thursday, and I started re-watching Sunday. Would have started Saturday, but we've been having power issues here. But, I'm glad to say I'm back on schedule, having watched "Back and Back and Back to the Future" today.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I got my S1 dvds on Thursday as well, but I've already watched the entire thing as well as listened to about half the commentaries...or at least all the ones with BB and CB. Those two are so fun to listen to.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                I got my S1 dvds on Thursday as well, but I've already watched the entire thing as well as listened to about half the commentaries...or at least all the ones with BB and CB. Those two are so fun to listen to.
                Did you listen to the Jeremiah Crichton commentary where they about everything but the episode? It's with Ben, Claudia, Rockne, and David Kemper.

It may not be the best episode wise, but it was sure fun to listen to once!
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  Did you listen to the Jeremiah Crichton commentary where they about everything but the episode? It's with Ben, Claudia, Rockne, and David Kemper.

That is funny. Such wacky, wonderful people.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

Yes! They did talk about the ep some. Heh. Ben hated that beard, and that was part of the reason for the creation of that ep. (Which in honesty is not that bad. Though I'd still say it's one of my least favs for that season. So it was interesting to hear them all say why they thought it was a general fail in the episode department as well.) Though them talking about Beware of Dog and the little dude in the monster suit. lol!

It doesn't bother me if they don't really talk about the ep because they (BB and CB) do some of the best (if not the best) commentaries I've listened to...not that I've listened to a lot because most of the other shows I have on dvd might have 3 commentaries for a season if you're lucky, and they rarely include the actors (and if they do they just aren't as interesting to listen to as BB and CB). This S1 set for Farscape has 14 which I'm assuming were all on the Starburst editions which is why I so wanted these. I mean the eps are a treasure themselves, but I really enjoyed the other commentaries on all the other Starburst sets that I have.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Yeah, I've always loved the commentaries they have on the discs, but I was SOOOO STOKED that they added new ones (more from Ben and Claud as well as from Rockne and DK) on the Starbursts. Once the original DVDs started coming out en-masse, they really dropped off on the commentaries. The Starbursts really made up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                        Yeah, I've always loved the commentaries they have on the discs, but I was SOOOO STOKED that they added new ones (more from Ben and Claud as well as from Rockne and DK) on the Starbursts. Once the original DVDs started coming out en-masse, they really dropped off on the commentaries. The Starbursts really made up for that.
                        Yeah, the Starburst Editions are great. I am lucky enough that my entire collection is made up of those Starburst sets.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

To any British fans, help! Where can I get Farscape boxed sets? HMV don't have(in any stores av checked) Fop is useless, and after a bad experiance getting stuff from Amazon, I don't like online....
                          help!
                          Last edited by Stewart5; 14 December 2009, 08:38 AM.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Finally, after a little bit of a hiatus, the wife and I watched another Farscape episode. This evening it was Season 3's "Losing Time". She seemed to really enjoy it, especially seeing how Chiana's "power" came to be.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Man, my wife and I really need to watch another episode soon. Hopefully sometime this week, considering pretty much all our shows are now on hiatus.

Has anyone watched any really good ones as of late?
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Hola! Just thought i should pop in, i finally got season 4 of farscape! I'm almost done i'm on the second part of the three parter at the end. It's amazing! I want the other seasons so badly!

Spoiler:

MCSHEP FOREVER!!!!!!!!
                                Sheppard <3's Rodney! YAY! LOLS!
                                Happily floating in Mckay Heaven <3
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X