Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Hi Scapers! I've only seen a couple of eps, and would like to watch more. Is there anyplace online I can watch?
    When I was looking up the date for the new release, I found out Amazon has all the eps for download. US $1.99 each or $30 a season.

The new release of the complete series in Nov 17.
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Trust me when I tell you this, don't waste your time on any of the other books.
      Yeah, I read the reviews of the other books on Amazon. One of them mentioned a part at the end where Pilot was in Crichton's quarters with everyone else. That was enough to convince me to avoid it.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
        Yeah, I read the reviews of the other books on Amazon. One of them mentioned a part at the end where Pilot was in Crichton's quarters with everyone else. That was enough to convince me to avoid it.
        I have them and wished I hadn't read them. Thankfully I've wiped their awfulness out of my mind.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Well, tonight my wife and I watched the premiere of Season 3, "Season of Death". She absolutely loved it, especially Aeryn being revived, and her and John saying they love each other. That was great for her. She is just bummed that now Zhaan is dying.

It is amazing how her hatred for Scorpius continues to grow. What can I say? - he makes a great bad guy. She is also so disappointed in Chiana. She couldn't believe she did that to D'Argo.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Scorpius rocks, I love him and hate him at the same time I noticed that in the first episode he appeared in - "Nerve" - his voice was a bit different to the one I'm more used to (having seen all of Seasons 3 and 4, and Peacekeeper Wars). I didn't like it that much, I was like "Where's Scorpy's real voice?".
            Newly liberated multi-thunker
            http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
            Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
              Scorpius rocks, I love him and hate him at the same time I noticed that in the first episode he appeared in - "Nerve" - his voice was a bit different to the one I'm more used to (having seen all of Seasons 3 and 4, and Peacekeeper Wars). I didn't like it that much, I was like "Where's Scorpy's real voice?".
              I think that was the intention with his character. At first, he just seems like a very diabolical bad guy. Then, over time, especially when we learn why he so desperately wanted John's wormhole knowledge, you kind of come to understand him a bit more. That he isn't just a black and white villain. But, nothing excuses what he put John and his friends on Moya through over the years.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Might have to break out my Farscape dvds now and watch some, havent watched it in a while.

"Don't move or I'll fill you full of... little yellow bolts of light."
                sigpic

Comment

Lol I want to see some as well! I just started Premiere!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
                  http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

I will start again tomorrow!
                    sigpic
                    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I think that was the intention with his character. At first, he just seems like a very diabolical bad guy. Then, over time, especially when we learn why he so desperately wanted John's wormhole knowledge, you kind of come to understand him a bit more. That he isn't just a black and white villain. But, nothing excuses what he put John and his friends on Moya through over the years.
                      I understand he was originally going to be in just the four concluding episodes of Season 1. But, Wayne Pygram played to role so perfectly that they made him a recurring character for Season 2 and a regular onward.

=====================

I'm waiting until the new DVDs come out (and I finally get Season 1) before I start the series again. In the meantime, I need to figure out what to do with my Season 1 VHS. Hopefully, I can sell them back to the used bookstore (the same one from which I bought them; isn't that poetic?).
                      sigpic
                      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                        I understand he was originally going to be in just the four concluding episodes of Season 1. But, Wayne Pygram played to role so perfectly that they made him a recurring character for Season 2 and a regular onward.

=====================

I'm waiting until the new DVDs come out (and I finally get Season 1) before I start the series again. In the meantime, I need to figure out what to do with my Season 1 VHS. Hopefully, I can sell them back to the used bookstore (the same one from which I bought them; isn't that poetic?).
                        Boy was that a correct decision to make on their part. Was he great or what over the course of this show?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, tonight we continued our Season 3 adventure, with "Suns and Lovers". My wife really enjoyed the episode, but was upset with a couple things. First off, she had wished that John and Aeryn had actually gotten it on in the episode. That really seemed to eat at her.

And, of course, the D'Argo/Chiana issue. She was so upset and disappointed with Chiana, and what she did. Honestly, she may never look at Chiana the same way again. She just hated seeing D'Argo hurt so deeply, especially with how in love he was with Chiana.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Well, tonight we continued our Season 3 adventure, with "Suns and Lovers". My wife really enjoyed the episode, but was upset with a couple things. First off, she had wished that John and Aeryn had actually gotten it on in the episode. That really seemed to eat at her.

And, of course, the D'Argo/Chiana issue. She was so upset and disappointed with Chiana, and what she did. Honestly, she may never look at Chiana the same way again. She just hated seeing D'Argo hurt so deeply, especially with how in love he was with Chiana.

Great episode. I love how the characters have to deal with the consequences of their actions on Farscape. The pain won't magically go away by the following episode and never be spoken of again, like in other shows.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                              Scorpius is incredible, i love the scorpius chip in john's mind - "Go on. Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Do it. Do it."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                                Scorpius is incredible, i love the scorpius chip in john's mind - "Go on. Kill her. Then we'll have pizza and margarita shooters. Do it. Do it."
                                [aims gun at Scorpius instead] "Nobody has margaritas with pizza!
                                love it!

Epideme
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X