Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Luckily, nothing tried to shoot at us. It was a great day yesterday, and I do look forward to continuing the Farscape journey with my wife.
    Congrats! What are you doing HERE when you should be on your honeymoon!
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Congrats! What are you doing HERE when you should be on your honeymoon!
      We are leaving tomorrow. Should be a very fun little getaway.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Congrats fifth man!

Comment

Congrats Fifth man! Everything good to you two!!!!

Been away for a long time what did happen here any news? Just said to me self that I have to see Farscape again!

http://freezeframe4vets.org/index.php
          http://nanjana.livejournal.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
            Spoiler:
            Thanks for all the welcomes! Since I lasted posted, I have finished Farscape, including The Peacekeeper Wars. Bearing in mind my limited sci-fi exposure, I think Farscape may be my favorite sci-fi show. I can't wait for the DVDs to be rerelased so I can own it!

My favorite characters are John and Aeryn, and I adore them as a couple! The stuff with them together is some of the best stuff of the show, which for me disproves the theory that the journey is over once the couple is together. If it's well written a couple together can be just as or more awesome.

My other favorite is Chiana--great character!! Rygel frustrated me a lot actually, because he was so selfish and so willing to sacrifice the others for himself. I have a hard time with characters like that. I know that pretty much everyone on the show is like that with the exception of Crichton but the others got better and learned.
            Rygel had his moments, though, and when he did they were pretty great.
            Rygel absolutely had his moments! His first, truely selfless act (IMO) was what he did for Aeryn at her funeral in DMD. Broke my heart.

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            The magic was in making the characters so real that you didn't think of them as puppets.
            EXACTLY!!! Pilot's made me cry more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              I'm at Season 2, and I love it already. I love Zhaan. She's so....intricate. Too bad she dies off, but oh well.
              But that's life... and Farscape. I think all the characters are intricate/complex/maddening.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                Rygel absolutely had his moments! His first, truely selfless act (IMO) was what he did for Aeryn at her funeral in DMD. Broke my heart.
                OMG! I was almost done crying and then Rygel pulled that move. I lost it again. I STILL loose it when I re-watch that eps. Damn that little frog.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  OMG! I was almost done crying and then Rygel pulled that move. I lost it again. I STILL loose it when I re-watch that eps. Damn that little frog.
                  Yup. Me, too.

Comment

I cried when Zhaan died. Why do I cry when my favourite characters die!?!?
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I cried when Zhaan died. Why do I cry when my favourite characters die!?!?
                      If it makes you feel any better... I cry when ALL of them die. Even Rygel. It's more the reactions of the ones left behind than anything else. Aeryn crawling into John's bed and cuddling... the aforementioned gift from Rygel to Aeryn... Zhaan's farewell to everyone and their grief and agony (poor Stark )... Peacekeeper Wars (Big D *sniffle*)

Comment

If it makes you feel any better... I cry when ALL of them die. Even Rygel. It's more the reactions of the ones left behind than anything else. Aeryn crawling into John's bed and cuddling... the aforementioned gift from Rygel to Aeryn... Zhaan's farewell to everyone and their grief and agony (poor Stark )... Peacekeeper Wars (Big D *sniffle*)
                        Rygel dies???
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I finished watching through the whole thing for the third time a couple of weeks ago. And it's still the best frelling dren that has ever been made! It just doesn't get old.

Chrichton taking the p**s out of Rygel cracks me up more than ever now.

I just hate feeling so gutted when it ends because you know there still has not been anything new made! And if anything new does ever happen it's unlikely to have the characters you love in it.

Watching it a few times you start noticing a few things that "slipped" through the editing. A couple of things I noticed this time:

1) You can see the puppeteers hand holding Talon's "tentacle" when it implants the neural interface.

2) You can see Aeryn's wearing a pink thong when she's fighting in Furlow's workshop.

sigpic

Comment

Rygel dies???
                            On occasion, in various ways.

I am back, and Thank You all for your kind thoughts. Had a great time.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

IPeacekeeper Wars (Big D *sniffle*)
                              Nope - never happened!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                Nope - never happened!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Living in denial, I see. It is okay, I am sure you are not alone.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X