No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a lot of our favorite shows coming back on, I think we will be slowing down on Farscape a bit. But we have been moving along quite nicely as of late. This evening we watched "The Locket", which she thought was so great. She loved how John and Aeryn acted together as an old couple, but was sad when neither one of them remembered anything at the end.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Rygel for President!

----

I was really pissed off they cancelled this one too. Somehow they cancel all the best shows, and leave us with dumbed-down reality crap TV and what not.

God ... reminds me of a claim one character gives in a novel about 75% of the world's population being simply dumb. Sounds harsh, but ...

Comment

The networks go with the numbers. Just because we vocal few don't like reality TV and LOVE great drama, we don't rate... literally.

Been watching season four, myself. This weekend I jammed through at least 6 eps. As soon as I finish ACOD, I have little doubt I'll be compelled to finish the rest of the season ASAP!! The eps just lead into each other so well, I gotta.

Comment

Yep, networks don't give a d*** about quality. They just care about numbers. Farscape hurt the worst, but I have lost a lot of great shows over the years.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This evening my soon-to-be wife and I watched "The Ugly Truth". She enjoyed the episode, especially all their different takes on how things went down. She was sad about Stark at the end though. But, she knows he comes back, from seeing parts of Farscape I have watched with her around in the past.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              This evening my soon-to-be wife and I watched "The Ugly Truth". She enjoyed the episode, especially all their different takes on how things went down. She was sad about Stark at the end though. But, she knows he comes back, from seeing parts of Farscape I have watched with her around in the past.

I've always gotten a kick outta the different versions of the story, too. I always have to giggle.

Comment

Yep, networks don't give a d*** about quality. They just care about numbers. Farscape hurt the worst, but I have lost a lot of great shows over the years.
                It's more about the cost of MAKING quality...that always costs more. Sad but true.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  It's more about the cost of MAKING quality...that always costs more. Sad but true.
                  That is why I could never be a TV executive. I would lose my job really quick. My standards are too high.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                    Great, welcome on board!
                    So only just started watching season 2? Well, get ready for even crazier, funnier and more dramatically challenging episodes!! It gonna be a wild ride
                    Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
                    welcome to the awesome world that is Farscape!!!! prepare yourself for awesome episodes!!! And enjoy them!!!!

Rygel = awesome

and i got the farscape graphic novel today!!! very fun to read
                    Thanks for all the welcomes! Since I lasted posted, I have finished Farscape, including The Peacekeeper Wars. Bearing in mind my limited sci-fi exposure, I think Farscape may be my favorite sci-fi show. I can't wait for the DVDs to be rerelased so I can own it!

My favorite characters are John and Aeryn, and I adore them as a couple! The stuff with them together is some of the best stuff of the show, which for me disproves the theory that the journey is over once the couple is together. If it's well written a couple together can be just as or more awesome.

My other favorite is Chiana--great character!! Rygel frustrated me a lot actually, because he was so selfish and so willing to sacrifice the others for himself. I have a hard time with characters like that. I know that pretty much everyone on the show is like that with the exception of Crichton but the others got better and learned. Rygel had his moments, though, and when he did they were pretty great.
                    sigpic
                    Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                    I'm a 60%er!
                    ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

they're selling them for $20 at the shops here

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Hannah! View Post
                        they're selling them for $20 at the shops here
                        Very nice! The Starburst Editions?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Every show should take from Farscape and use more puppets

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                            Every show should take from Farscape and use more puppets
                            They couldn't replicate Farscape's magic.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They couldn't replicate Farscape's magic.
                              The magic was in making the characters so real that you didn't think of them as puppets.
                              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                                The magic was in making the characters so real that you didn't think of them as puppets.
                                That is really true. I even heard one of the directors say on a commentary that he was known for giving Rygel notes in between takes and then realizing the puppeters were laughing at him. LOL.
                                sigpic
                                Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
                                I'm a 60%er!
                                ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X