No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this evening my fiancee and I watched Season 2's "The Way We Weren't". She had seen bits and pieces of this episode in the past, but now she saw the whole thing, in the proper context of the series. She thought it was amazing, and even teared up at the Aeryn/Pilot scene toward the end, where she touches his face.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Well, this evening my fiancee and I watched Season 2's "The Way We Weren't". She had seen bits and pieces of this episode in the past, but now she saw the whole thing, in the proper context of the series. She thought it was amazing, and even teared up at the Aeryn/Pilot scene toward the end, where she touches his face.
      That is my all time FAV FS eps, EVER. Hands down. I remember when it first aired Claudia was worried that she hadn't gotten the emotion right in regards to what Aeryn was feeling. OMFG she had it down in spades. Every chance I got I told her so (don't know if she ever heard me as it was on the old SyFy FS board). I've felt the pain Aeryn was feeling and she had the emotion right.
      sigpic
      I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Out of the whole of Season 2, I've only seen 7 episodes - the ones I owned on video. I so need to buy it on DVD!

I'm pleased to say that one of those episodes that I owned was "Won't Get Fooled Again" - the whole thing was a riot from start to finish! And Rygel in leather...that's a sight I won't forget in a hurry!
        Newly liberated multi-thunker
        http://twitter.com/missmarvel1980
        Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
          Out of the whole of Season 2, I've only seen 7 episodes - the ones I owned on video. I so need to buy it on DVD!

I'm pleased to say that one of those episodes that I owned was "Won't Get Fooled Again" - the whole thing was a riot from start to finish! And Rygel in leather...that's a sight I won't forget in a hurry!
          That certainly was one awesome, crazy episode. I can't wait until my fiancee gets to that one.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've just noticed that Rygel has been mentioned a LOT over the last few days on this thread - it just goes to show that even though he's small, he makes up for it in terms of what he gets up to and his personality

He's in my list of 10 favourite aliens for sure
            Julia xx

Comment

Hello! I'm a Farscape newbie--I watched season one a couple weeks ago as fast as I could and now I'm on season two. I'm really loving it so far!!
              sigpic
              Much thanks to Snowball for the banner! Many thanks to Cazzblade for the avatar!!
              I'm a 60%er!
              ~~~Iawen~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Iawen View Post
                Hello! I'm a Farscape newbie--I watched season one a couple weeks ago as fast as I could and now I'm on season two. I'm really loving it so far!!
                Great, welcome on board!
                So only just started watching season 2? Well, get ready for even crazier, funnier and more dramatically challenging episodes!! It gonna be a wild ride
                sigpic
                My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Farscape. I hope you enjoy your journey.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                    I've just noticed that Rygel has been mentioned a LOT over the last few days on this thread - it just goes to show that even though he's small, he makes up for it in terms of what he gets up to and his personality

He's in my list of 10 favourite aliens for sure
                    Rygel was one of the greatest. Definitely one of my favorite Farscape characters.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

welcome to the awesome world that is Farscape!!!! prepare yourself for awesome episodes!!! And enjoy them!!!!

Rygel = awesome

and i got the farscape graphic novel today!!! very fun to read
                      Last edited by StargateHERO; 02 September 2009, 01:45 PM.
                      thanks to Pandora's_Box for the siggie!

Comment

Well, this evening my girl and I watched "Picture If You Will". She enjoyed it, but never saw Maldis coming. She was very surprised when it turned out to be him behind everything.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I watched Peacekeeper Wars today, thus completing my one-episode-a-week journey. Took me a month short of two full years (and the 4th anniversary of my discovering the show).

This was also my second real journey through the complete series (watching it on FOX during syndication doesn't count; they jumped around the series after each season, going from 1 to 3, 3 to 2, 2 to 4, not to mention the preemptions).

I can certainly agree that it's real fun following these characters on their journey even on subsequent viewings, watching them change, going from (some time bitter) rivals to friends, especially John's relationship with D'Argo and Aeryn, both having greeted John in the first episode rather painfully.

Well, I'll start again in a few months, when I get Season 1 on the new DVDs.
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Today, I watched both "The Flax" and "Rhapsody In Blue" - both very good episodes.

My favourite parts - well, 2 of them - were seeing John and Aeryn get it on (or start to, anyway) for the first time and seeing Zhaan go a bit nutty, which was a bit scary tbh
                            Julia xx

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                              I watched Peacekeeper Wars today, thus completing my one-episode-a-week journey. Took me a month short of two full years (and the 4th anniversary of my discovering the show).

This was also my second real journey through the complete series (watching it on FOX during syndication doesn't count; they jumped around the series after each season, going from 1 to 3, 3 to 2, 2 to 4, not to mention the preemptions).

I can certainly agree that it's real fun following these characters on their journey even on subsequent viewings, watching them change, going from (some time bitter) rivals to friends, especially John's relationship with D'Argo and Aeryn, both having greeted John in the first episode rather painfully.

Well, I'll start again in a few months, when I get Season 1 on the new DVDs.
                              Sounds like a plan to me. Re-watching this show has become something of a ritual to me over the years. I am just happy to be watching it this time with someone I care about. Sharing a show that meant a lot to me with her is very special IMO.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Sounds like a plan to me. Re-watching this show has become something of a ritual to me over the years. I am just happy to be watching it this time with someone I care about. Sharing a show that meant a lot to me with her is very special IMO.
                                Ngaw! That's so cute!

Comment

Working...
                                X