Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    That was so great. This show definitely at its best.
    When my mom watched this eps and I asked her about it after, she said "That was interesting" That was her subtle way of saying she wasn't sure she liked it, but didn't really hate it either.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      When my mom watched this eps and I asked her about it after, she said "That was interesting" That was her subtle way of saying she wasn't sure she liked it, but didn't really hate it either.
      Farscape can just be a little too "out there" for some people. It is understandable. Just not too "out there" for us.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think 'Won't Get Fooled Again' is the most out there. And oddly enough, that really cemented my love for this show. That they were willing to go out on a limb like that. And still make it work.
        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
          I think 'Won't Get Fooled Again' is the most out there. And oddly enough, that really cemented my love for this show. That they were willing to go out on a limb like that. And still make it work.
          IMO, they didn't just make it work. They hit that one out of the park.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This evening, my fiancee and I watched "My Three Crichtons". She thought it was a great episode, but felt really sad at the end. I hadn't seen this one in quite a while, so it was nice to watch it again.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

It is such a sad episode.

But that means Look at the Princess trilogy is next!! I love those eps, especially Crichton's riffs at Braca when they are in the ship. I love his take off of Blazing Saddles. I think that may be the hardest I've laughed.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                It is such a sad episode.

But that means Look at the Princess trilogy is next!! I love those eps, especially Crichton's riffs at Braca when they are in the ship. I love his take off of Blazing Saddles. I think that may be the hardest I've laughed.
                Yeah, I know. My girl can barely believe this show actually did 3-part episodes. She hates "to be continued"s, so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up watching all 3 parts in one sitting.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, we didn't watch all 3 parts of "Look At The Princess", but we did watch the first 2 this evening. She wanted to watch the final part, but was too tired. She seemed to really enjoy the first two, especially John going all wacko on Braca near the end of "I Do, I Think". She is very curious about how John gets out of this mess.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

And today we watched the finale of "Look At The Princess", "The Maltese Crichton". I didn't expect this so soon, but my girl actually told me she loved this show. I couldn't be happier, considering things really only continue to get better and better. I believe I have successfully turned my future wife into a full-fledged Scaper, and we are only in Season 2.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I believe I have successfully turned my future wife into a full-fledged Scaper, and we are only in Season 2.
                      Hey that's great!!

And you've got more good and great eps coming up. After the next ep, find out what she thinks of John's goat imitation. And then comes Won't Get Fooled Again. If she loves that ep for all it's wonderful weirdness, then you've got a keeper.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, I became a full-fledged Scaper on the third episode, but then, I'm a science fiction fan, anyway.

Congratulations, thefifthman!

Thunderstorm: John's goat imitation doesn't come until "Crichton Kicks" in Season 4.
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                          Hey, I became a full-fledged Scaper on the third episode, but then, I'm a science fiction fan, anyway.

Congratulations, thefifthman!

Thunderstorm: John's goat imitation doesn't come until "Crichton Kicks" in Season 4.
                          Thank you very much. I am definitely happy. She actually asked today when we could watch another one.

That is true about the goat imitation. And I can't get enough of that episode. Great way to start Season 4 IMO.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Well, she sure didn't have to wait long to watch another Farscape. There wasn't anything good on TV this evening, so she jumped at the chance to watch some more. We got through "Beware Of Dog", and "Won't Get Fooled Again".

She really enjoyed "Beware Of Dog", especially how cute that Vorc was (in its little form anyway). She was very sad when it died at the end. She also told me she seriously hates Scorpius, mainly because of how what he did is slowly driving John nuts.

As for "Won't Get Fooled Again", she was speechless. She enjoyed the episode, but thought it was a little hard to follow. She said it was like he was on Acid or something. She is very concerned with where things are going with the whole Harvey thing. Wait until she gets to the season finale.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I loved how the Vorc humped Aeryn's leg and peed on her bed.
                              sigpic
                              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I got my girlfriend so hooked on Farscape we watched the entire four seasons and PKW in a little under a month. It was kind of ridiculous, fifth watch through for me.
                                Dimmed light illuminates wearily a thousand skyscrapers of concrete, glass, shattered imaginations and severed dreams. Urban structures of brick and steel extend tendrils of decay and neglect into an aging embrace of irreverence, moving forward into synthetic joy.

Comment

Working...
                                X