Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I'd rather have Farscape back as a weekly show than just have a big movie, and that's it. But that's just me.

As for Brian Henson's involvement, I totally agree. He seems to really love Farscape, and I'm sure he'll do whatever he can to keep the quality of it high.
    Ah, but if a big screen movie does well enough...more series could follow.

But in reality, I don't really EVER see a big screen movie happening, mostly due to the poor reception "Serenity" got by "normal" people.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
      Ah, but if a big screen movie does well enough...more series could follow.

But in reality, I don't really EVER see a big screen movie happening, mostly due to the poor reception "Serenity" got by "normal" people.
      And Farscape is way more "out there" than Serenity/Firefly was. So yeah, going to the big screen might not be the best route to take.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

And Farscape is way more "out there" than Serenity/Firefly was. So yeah, going to the big screen might not be the best route to take.
        I know...I know...I just want to see Pilot on the BIG SCREEN!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, that would rock!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I totally know what you mean. Seeing that whole Farscape universe on the Big Screen would be something else. I just don't see it attracting the masses enough to be deemed a success. So I'll live with the small screen.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

more info on the webisdoes:

O'Bannon Penning Farscape Webisodes

Brian Henson, executive producer of the upcoming Farscape "mini-isodes" that will debut on SCI FI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network, revealed that series co-creator Rockne S. O'Bannon will collaborate with him on the scripts for the revival.

“Rockne and I are back together to work on the beginning of the next generation of Farscape,” Henson told the panel audience attending Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 27.

SCI FI has ordered 10 webisodes of Farscape, to be produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr. and produced by The Jim Henson Co., in association with RHI Entertainment.

The series will expand the Farscape universe. Henson was tight-lipped with details. “As for the project, we're not allowed to actually tell you anything about it," Henson said. "What we are doing with Farscape is having a lot of fun and in the experimental media of webisodes; it takes Farscape to its next chapter. There's very little we can say creatively, other than I'm sure there will be characters there that you all know, and I'm sure there will be characters that will be new."

Henson said that each webisode will run between three and six minutes in length. "We are very excited about it, and, as is tradition, we are very secretive about it," he said. "But it's also very early. We only just decided to do this very recently, so it's still in its creation state." The Farscape series aired on the SCI FI from 1989 to 2003. No premiere date has been set for the upcoming webisodes.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=42833

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
                The Farscape series aired on the SCI FI from 1989 to 2003.
                Haha I wish. Gotta love typos.

But anyways, great to hear that Rockne is in on the project! And 10 webisodes doesn't sound that bad. All together, it will be around the length of a full episode.
                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I totally know what you mean. Seeing that whole Farscape universe on the Big Screen would be something else. I just don't see it attracting the masses enough to be deemed a success. So I'll live with the small screen.
                  I prefer the small screen. With the freedom allowed by cable I think TV has become the far superior medium, big screen aside, a movie has to tell it's story in 2 - 3 hours, while tv can take as long as it wants. Also, movie studios are obsessed with the big opening weekend gross, so they'll blow a lot of stuff up (to show in the previews), and they tend to hire "actors" for their pubilcity value rather than their dramatic skills. Jessica Simpson as Aeryn anyone??

Bill K

Comment

I prefer the small screen. With the freedom allowed by cable I think TV has become the far superior medium, big screen aside, a movie has to tell it's story in 2 - 3 hours, while tv can take as long as it wants. Also, movie studios are obsessed with the big opening weekend gross, so they'll blow a lot of stuff up (to show in the previews), and they tend to hire "actors" for their pubilcity value rather than their dramatic skills. Jessica Simpson as Aeryn anyone??
                    Agreed. I can't see how anything Farscape (or really much else) could possibly turn out better on the movie. A mini series can do just about anything a movie could do in roughly the same time. Take for example, the fact that it likely wouldn't be forced to waste as nearly as much time explaining everything and getting everyone new up to speed.

Comment

Farscape would lose it's charm if it went to the big screen. I'd much rather see new Farscape on TV. A theatrical movie just wouldn't be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill K View Post

Bill K
                        No, no, no, all Scapers know that the big screen movie will have Brad Pitt (as John) and Julia Roberts (as Aeryn).

Ok, maybe not all of them know this, but those that have attened most of the cons especially the ones that Rockne, Richard Manning and David Kemper have attened will remember that. It's a joke though.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think a theatrical release would work either. I think we'd get more in a smaller format anyway for the budget.

Brad and Julia would be great in Scape, the real killer would be Verne Troyer as Rygel.

Comment

The problem with lil' Verne is to make sure he's sober enough to do it.

Hey, a gal can dream of seeing Pilot on a big ol' movie screen.
                            sigpic

Comment

The problem with lil' Verne is to make sure he's sober enough to do it.

Hey, a gal can dream of seeing Pilot on a big ol' movie screen.
                              And a guy can dream of seeing Moya...
                              sigpic
                              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                                But anyways, great to hear that Rockne is in on the project! And 10 webisodes doesn't sound that bad. All together, it will be around the length of a full episode.
                                Yeah, it is indeed nice to hear he will be a part of this venture. I can't wait to see what they can come up with.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X