Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves*

Checking in to see what's new before I went to bed ... good to see all the latest developments from Henson & Company re the webisodes. I CANNOT wait!!

At this point, I'm happy with anything new on Farscape. Would love to see a big screen movie, but agree that the time spent for the back story would be a bit much. But I have faith that Henson & Company could do a bang-up job on that. (I'd like to see Pilot on the big screen also!)

As for Serenity, I watched the movie on DVD then watched the series, and still enjoyed the movie very much. I thought they did a good job with it, so yea, it's possible.

Comment

Pilot on the big screen would be awesome!

I'm going to go into this with a really open mind... even if all my favourite characters aren't back, I'm going to look for the positives
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        If you all don't mind, I want to take a little poll. I know we all love Farscape here, and would love it to return to television. I'm sure most of us hope this 10-part webisode thing will eventually lead to that.

My question though, is would you still want to watch this "new" Farscape if Ben Browder and Claudia Black were not series regulars? If this was maybe a "Next Generation" type deal?
        I'll watch it... just coz it's FarScape.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          I'm going to go into this with a really open mind... even if all my favourite characters aren't back, I'm going to look for the positives
          Even if this "new" Farscape would center on newer characters, I'm sure they would try and keep at least a few old faces around for us. You know, for familiarity.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Even if this "new" Farscape would center on newer characters, I'm sure they would try and keep at least a few old faces around for us. You know, for familiarity.
            Yep, hopefully
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              Yep, hopefully
              I'm pretty confident about that. And until I hear something to the contrary, that's how I'll think about this. They're still early on in developing things anyways.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm pretty confident about that. And until I hear something to the contrary, that's how I'll think about this. They're still early on in developing things anyways.
                Exactly, they probably don't even know all the details yet. We just have to wait
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

and us scapers just hate waitin.
                  sigpic

Comment

On a slightly OT note, noticed Lani Tupu (Crais / Pilot) has been doing a guest stint on Home and Away as Lou 'Grabby Hands' Baines. Wasn't sure if it was him at first. He's certainly...jollier, than he used to be.
                    I`m sure all you Ozzies saw these eps about 6 months ago but just thought I would bring it to everyone's attention.

Comment

I love Farscape and I wish it was still on. Crichton and Aeryn were my favorite characters.

Comment

Originally posted by MSHANKS35 View Post
                        I love Farscape and I wish it was still on. Crichton and Aeryn were my favorite characters.

Farscape was short but I seemed to have liked almost every episode. Hope they do bring it back with all the Characters.
                        Last edited by farscapegatter; 06 September 2008, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by farscapegatter View Post
                          Farscape was short but I seemed to have liked almost every episode. Hope they do bring it back with all the Characters.
                          All the characters coming back may be too much to ask for. But who knows, maybe we'll get lucky.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Here's a vid of Brian Henson's 'Puppet Up!' show (an improv puppet show for adults) at this year's ComicCon. The show is totally improvised and the prompt from the audience was 'applying for a job as a ninja'. Ben Browder participated as a surprise guest (He's operating the dorky little green puppet and doesn't exactly have the whole puppeteering thing down), it's pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMBCZvMv7R4

Last edited by Jades; 02 August 2007, 03:55 AM.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Jades,

That was sooooooo funny! Hard to understand what they are all saying the entire time ... but heard enough to be able to thoroughly enjoy!!

THANKS for sharing!!

Comment

Since I'm taking yet another break at work, thought I'd add a first-time viewer's perspective on Kiss the Princess ...

I just finished watching the trilogy "Kiss the Princess" (I missed it in syndication because we were moving) and just got to this point on the Netflix DVD's.

Wow, what a great trilogy!!

Spoiler:
                                The most memorable parts were when Crichton saw what his baby son would be like and then his son a little older. Then at the end when he meets his daughter, and his willingness to sacrifice everything for her and then his speech about his little girl deserves to be raised by her mom and dad.

"Are you my daddy?" Ohhhh, so precious

The John/Aeryn moments at the beginning and end weren't bad either That final scene with John/Aeryn has always been a favorite (saw it on the top 25 John/Aeryn Moments list), especially liked the look on John's face … Sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X