Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
    lol, yeah. In the beginning of the first season that wouldn't have been too bad. After that though Farscape really becomes something that is at it richest when you don't jump from episode to episode but watch in order. Although the episodes are still great no matter the order you view them in.
    Yes, the episodes are still great no matter the order you view them in. But, as the show progresses, doing the jumping around thing can really become confusing. My advice to anyone wanting to really get the show would be to try and watch it in order from start to finish. That way, you actually understand what the frell is going on.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Yes, the episodes are still great no matter the order you view them in. But, as the show progresses, doing the jumping around thing can really become confusing. My advice to anyone wanting to really get the show would be to try and watch it in order from start to finish. That way, you actually understand what the frell is going on.
      What a coincidence. I JUST started watching Farscape from the very beginning and am utterly hooked. It's such a funky combination of Doctor Who and Stargate, and I'm really loving the way the show is both serious, fun with nice continuity throughout.

In case folks haven't seen some of these, I've compiled a few Farscape parodies (bloopers, follies, outtakes, etc.) and SG-1 "200" crossovers here in my LJ.
      Lost In Space - wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be (aka my geek blog)

Thanks to ileliberte for permission to share her amazing art

Comment

Originally posted by lostinspace View Post
        What a coincidence. I JUST started watching Farscape from the very beginning and am utterly hooked. It's such a funky combination of Doctor Who and Stargate, and I'm really loving the way the show is both serious, fun with nice continuity throughout.
        Oh! Enjoy.

In case folks haven't seen some of these, I've compiled a few Farscape parodies (bloopers, follies, outtakes, etc.) and SG-1 "200" crossovers here in my LJ.
        These are great. I'd seen one or two of them before but not all. Thanks for sharing.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

John Quiote was on last night. Wow, what a way to go from silly to serious. Very well done. Unfortunely I was so exhausted and it was on so late that I feel asleep and missed the ending.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Hope y'all don't mind this post, but I'm needin a little help for a fic of mine... I'm looking for information on Chiana's brother, Nerri. In season one Chiana knew he was alive, but what did she think he was doing? Anyone know what he was doing?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
              John Quiote was on last night. Wow, what a way to go from silly to serious. Very well done. Unfortunely I was so exhausted and it was on so late that I feel asleep and missed the ending.

It comes on tonight where I live, so have to wait until Monday night to watch it. This is one of the episodes I've been looking forward to seeing, since I've seen some of the fan made videos. Can't wait

I've seen some of them too - very well done! I find myself humming the tunes at times, and when I hear them on the oldies station, I even see Farscape clips in my head

And thanks for all the Birthday wishes!

Comment

Originally posted by Toomi View Post
                Hope y'all don't mind this post, but I'm needin a little help for a fic of mine... I'm looking for information on Chiana's brother, Nerri. In season one Chiana knew he was alive, but what did she think he was doing? Anyone know what he was doing?
                If memory serves, he was working with the Nebari Resistance.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  If memory serves, he was working with the Nebari Resistance.
                  Yeah, he was definitely working for the resistance. I'm not sure that Chiana knew that when they were parted or not. She might have had an idea of what he would get up to but not a concrete answer to what he was doing.

From "A Clockwork Nebari" (spoilered just in case and to save space)
                  Spoiler:
                  CHIANA: We'll be better when we're out of here. When we get off this planet.
                  NERRI: Chiana. I'm not coming with you.
                  CHIANA: What? What are you talking about?
                  NERRI: Somebody high up in the establishment gave me the antibody. I saw him. He's the one they're after. I can identify him.
                  CHIANA: Well then, we run! We hide, that's-that's what we're good at.
                  NERRI: This is serious this time, Chiana. The establishment is trying to infect as much of the galaxy as it can with this contagion of theirs, and they're going to want to find out who gave it to us, and then they're gonna mind-frell me...
                  CHIANA: I'm coming with you. Yeah.
                  NERRI: No. We're less conspicuous if we split up.
                  CHIANA: But Nerri...
                  NERRI: We will see each other again, sister. I swear to you we will.

From that I'd say that she assumed they were both just running away and hiding out. Basically that he'd made her go on her own so that she'd be safer. But I think there are hints in there of what he would end up doing.

That episode is also where we find out that Nerri wanted Chiana to think he was dead so she'd be in less danger, so he'd definitely been been working for/with the resistance for a while.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Yeah, he was definitely working for the resistance. I'm not sure that Chiana knew that when they were parted or not. She might have had an idea of what he would get up to but not a concrete answer to what he was doing.

From "A Clockwork Nebari" (spoilered just in case and to save space)
                    Spoiler:
                    CHIANA: We'll be better when we're out of here. When we get off this planet.
                    NERRI: Chiana. I'm not coming with you.
                    CHIANA: What? What are you talking about?
                    NERRI: Somebody high up in the establishment gave me the antibody. I saw him. He's the one they're after. I can identify him.
                    CHIANA: Well then, we run! We hide, that's-that's what we're good at.
                    NERRI: This is serious this time, Chiana. The establishment is trying to infect as much of the galaxy as it can with this contagion of theirs, and they're going to want to find out who gave it to us, and then they're gonna mind-frell me...
                    CHIANA: I'm coming with you. Yeah.
                    NERRI: No. We're less conspicuous if we split up.
                    CHIANA: But Nerri...
                    NERRI: We will see each other again, sister. I swear to you we will.

From that I'd say that she assumed they were both just running away and hiding out. Basically that he'd made her go on her own so that she'd be safer. But I think there are hints in there of what he would end up doing.

That episode is also where we find out that Nerri wanted Chiana to think he was dead so she'd be in less danger, so he'd definitely been been working for/with the resistance for a while.
                    Perfect. Thanks. So if I were to write (it's based shortly after AHR ) that Chiana did not know the fate of her brother and could only assume he was still alive due to the lifedisc it would sound reasonable? And at this point in the series I'm also assuming that she would have no idea whether or not she'd ever see him again after he told her they should split up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Perfect. Thanks. So if I were to write (it's based shortly after AHR ) that Chiana did not know the fate of her brother and could only assume he was still alive due to the lifedisc it would sound reasonable? And at this point in the series I'm also assuming that she would have no idea whether or not she'd ever see him again after he told her they should split up.
                      I'd say that's about right. I think you could definitely safely say that at the time just after AHR Chiana thought he was alive but wasn't exactly sure what he was doing. And yeah, she may have had his word that they'd see each other again but couldn't have been absolutely sure that they would.

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
                        It comes on tonight where I live, so have to wait until Monday night to watch it. This is one of the episodes I've been looking forward to seeing, since I've seen some of the fan made videos. Can't wait
                        Yeah, I was looking forward to it, that's why I stayed up late to watch. Can't believe I feel asleep 15 minutes before the end and on a weekend of all days.
                        Enjoy!!!!!
                        And thanks for all the Birthday wishes!
                        Happy Birthday!
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

i watched the first episode again last night.. was feeling very nostalgic!

it was lovely!
                          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                            i watched the first episode again last night.. was feeling very nostalgic!

it was lovely!
                            Yay! Farscape's first episode is amazing. Rather simple by today's standards but just perfect for the show. Man, it makes me wish I hadn't borrowed out my DVDs. But, it's worth it to bring others into the Farscape family!
                            Last edited by cshawzye; 16 April 2007, 06:14 PM. Reason: fixing a quick mistake

Comment

I had a t-shirt back in the early 90’s I got when I took my cousins on their senior trip – described the trip perfectly and actually fits the two episodes I watched tonight …

“What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been!”

Spoilers used for those who haven’t watched the episode yet

“Picture this if you will”
                              I had a bit of nostalgia when the

Spoiler:
                              picture kept reappearing when they tried to destroy it

Anybody here watch Buck Rogers?

Spoiler:
                              There was an episode about a box that couldn’t be destroyed, one time they threw it out the airlock, and it reappeared on the ship. Some of the cast saw themselves in the future – for instance, Wilma saw herself blind, then later she did loose her sight. Of course, in the end, it was all "undone" and was a nice, neat, family episode. Very different from FS's version

About the time I was ready to say “hey, I’ve seen this show already” … wham, Farscape went 180 degrees attaway! Oh well, it was a short nostalgic moment anyway.

I had managed to stay almost spoiler free on this episode, so can honestly say … I didn’t see THAT coming -
                              Spoiler:
                              the wizard, magician, whatever his name is from S1

“John Quixote”
                              What a hoot! Nice set of twists and turns that kept you guessing. And I bet the nice surprise about the princess in the end was a treat for those of you who watched it live!

I always love it when Rygel farts fire (or just plain farts), and then when the others get to torture him.

I’m an 80’s child, so Max Headroom was cool and VERY well done by BB! And I couldn’t help but laugh at the irony of Max suggesting to JC that he name his sword “Cameron”.

Okay, now to wait another week for the next two episodes of S2 and S4 and still have ten days before I get any more DVD's from Netflix.

Comment

Yay! Farscape's first episode is amazing. Rather simple by today's standards but just perfect for the show. Man, it makes me wish I hadn't borrowed out my DVDs. But, it's worth it to bring others into the Farscape family!
                                Simple, not in my book. I think the "Premiere" would work well anytime.

And yes, it's always good to bring others around to the greatness that is Farscape.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X