No announcement yet.

Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all i know at the mn is that each season box set costs €150 in my local shops
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mayogaelz View Post
      all i know at the mn is that each season box set costs €150 in my local shops
      That's about the same in the U.S.

I've got my eye set on the Starburst Editions. I will start buying them this July. If those new-releases come out before I've completed my collection, I'll just do what I did with SG1 DVDs and switch over to them where I leave off.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
        That's about the same in the U.S.

I've got my eye set on the Starburst Editions. I will start buying them this July. If those new-releases come out before I've completed my collection, I'll just do what I did with SG1 DVDs and switch over to them where I leave off.
        how many are there per season of them?
        is it 3 per season or more?
        sigpic

Comment

how many are there per season of them?
          is it 3 per season or more?
          There are 3 Starburst volumes per season.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

There are 3 Starburst volumes per season.
            i think that may be the road i take...
            sigpic

Comment

i think that may be the road i take...
              Probably your best bet, too. You can get a whole season for $60 or less with the Starburst Editions, compared to over $100 for each boxed set season.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*gasps* You're right! You're absolutely right!

Frelling dren-for-brains...

There. Is that better?
                Much better actually. Don't you feel much better now that you got that out?
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                  Get the starburst sets, they are cheaper and I believe they have more extras/commentaries.
                  Overall, the extras and new commentaries on the Starburst Editions are great. I'm a sucker for all that extra stuff too.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

man i would kill for the dvd's ... but they are going for $200 a season here
                    do the starburst ones have all the shows? i thought that was just a collection of certain episodes?

i caught a few reruns the other day... i never get sick of this show...

man farscape was sci fi done right
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                      do the starburst ones have all the shows? i thought that was just a collection of certain episodes?
                      And at that price, no one here even bothers to stock them.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        They have all the episodes, it is 3 starburst sets per season, with 4 discs per starburst set (3 with episodes and 1 with extras).

Comment

Definitely get the Starbursts ... I just got the boxed sets and have missed out on a lot of the extra features and commentaries. Hopefully though I'll be getting my hands on the other editions ... *crosses fingers*

Anyway ... I was watching a special feature that was included on one of the dvds (one from the Save Farscape campagin, I think) and one of the things they were doing was finishing the sentence "Farscape is ..." Anyway, listening to the people on the special give their answers I wondered what all of you would say. So, how would you finish this sentence ... "Farscape is...."
                          Last edited by cshawzye; 06 April 2007, 09:21 AM.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                            So, how would you finish this sentence ... "Farscape is...."
                            ...SUPERIOR!"
                            sigpic

My Books:

Comment

Farscape is... the best show EVER!

Comment

Farscape is ... one of the greatest, most original Science Fiction shows ever created.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X