Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
    I agree, it would not be the show we know it to be without those 2
    I definitely would never question Pilot or Moya's importance to the show. I'd love them both to be in any possible future incarnation of Farscape.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I started watching Farscape in July 2006. Got hooked from the very first episode and got through all 4 seasons and the mini-series pretty quickly. (The only reason I didn't finish faster was that I ordered the DVDs a few at a time rather than getting all of them at once.)

Farscape is my absolute favorite show ever. There are very few episodes that I really disliked and some that I appreciated more on 2nd viewing.

I know there are people who aren't crazy about John Quixote. I enjoyed that episode and I actually like it more every time I watch it.

For the newbies - if you don't want to be spoiled, don't listen to the commentaries until you have watched all the episodes and the mini-series. Ben and Claudia frequently talk about stuff that happen after the episode they are doing commentary for. (It was kind of sad for me because my routine is to watch an episode and then go back to watch it again right away with the commentary. I kept getting spoiled.) For those that weren't crazy about John Quixote - give the episode another chance. And DEFINITELY listen to the audio commentary for the episode. By the way - I usually enjoy commentaries that have Ben or Claudia in them, but the ones that have Ben AND Claudia *must* be listened to.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Farscape is definately the best serialized scifi show ever. I watched the pilot on vhs before it ever aired but I didn't have cable so I never got a chance to watch the show while it was on. By the time I did the last season was already ending. However I quickly caught up to every single episode once it was cancelled. What an outrage that last episode was. I can't think of a more controversial ending for a series. Scifi probably got their asses pounded for cancelling the show after that. lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
          Scifi probably got their asses pounded for cancelling the show after that. lol!
          No probably about it. There was a massive fan movement upon Farscape's cancellation. Emails, campaigns, fund-raising, you name it. And in the end, the pressure ended up getting us The PeaceKeeper Wars. I'd say it was worth all the trouble.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            No probably about it. There was a massive fan movement upon Farscape's cancellation. Emails, campaigns, fund-raising, you name it. And in the end, the pressure ended up getting us The PeaceKeeper Wars. I'd say it was worth all the trouble.

If I'm not mistaken during that movement fans shut down SciLie's fax machines with so many faxes.

Yes the fact that David Kemper ASKED the fans to make some noise when the show got canned was the big reason backers approched Brian Henson. Fans are a big reason PKWars was made.
            sigpic
            I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
              They have to have Moya. I see her and Pilot as FarScape signatures. It would not be FarScape without them.
              For me, they can't have farscape without John Crichton. The character defines the show. I think Moya and Aeryn are also vital to the show. The others, while I enjoy and appreciate the characters very much, are more expendable to the show.

In the end, they can stick the name Farscape on a new show & I'd probably watch it, but it wouldn't be the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                If I'm not mistaken during that movement fans shut down SciLie's fax machines with so many faxes.

Yes the fact that David Kemper ASKED the fans to make some noise when the show got canned was the big reason backers approched Brian Henson. Fans are a big reason PKWars was made.
                yay for us! yay fans!

I was recently on an international flight (always boring for those of you who have experienced it), and I spent it watching PKW (along with all of the special features. The old lady beside me seemed quite weirded out by what I was watching, lol. I was just waiting for her to say.."why is kermit the frog so fat and why is he hovering?"

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
                  For me, they can't have farscape without John Crichton. The character defines the show. I think Moya and Aeryn are also vital to the show. The others, while I enjoy and appreciate the characters very much, are more expendable to the show.

In the end, they can stick the name Farscape on a new show & I'd probably watch it, but it wouldn't be the same thing
                  I think you're right about John, but I also think it'd be the same with any of the characters on the show. Like, John wouldn't be the John we know (and love) without the dueling influences of Aeryn and Scorpius. And I don't think D'Argo would be the same without his relationship with Chiana or even John. If the characters are different than the show isn't going to be the same. I kinda think that if you take one of the elements (in terms of characters at least) away than what makes Farscape, Farscape is gone in many ways. The stories you would/could tell with the characters would be different. You couldn't tell the same stories onboard say a command carrier that you can aboard Moya for example. Or, the stories wouldn't be the same if Pilot was of a different temperament. It's a very interesting balance. It's like Jenga you pull one of the blocks out and sure the tower might stand but if you pull the wrong one it comes tumbling down. The same thing could happen to the show if you pull the wrong character/element or whatever out of the equation.

I think that's why, in the end, I'll be very interested to see in which direction they go if they decide to do more Farscape, in whatever form. Will they try to bring everything/everyone back. Or will they open a new chapter with the next generation? And yeah, if the put the Farscape stamp on it I'll watch it. But I think it'll be intriguing to see the form/name/route, whatever that they choose to go.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                  "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Help I can't find the Farscape ep on late Sunday night in Mass it was on last week at midnight I can't find it on any website it is still on Sat afternoon but I liked watching late Sunday night too it wasn't the same ep so I was somewhat seeing more of it I need help please
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

You'd need John back, but I dont know about the rest. I don't think you'd need Chiana or Scorpius or Rygel. I don't even really think you'd need D'argo. I think Pilot (so long as he has his old voice, not his PKW voice) Moya, Aeryn and John are all that's needed, and new characters can be introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                        You'd need John back, but I dont know about the rest. I don't think you'd need Chiana or Scorpius or Rygel. I don't even really think you'd need D'argo. I think Pilot (so long as he has his old voice, not his PKW voice) Moya, Aeryn and John are all that's needed, and new characters can be introduced.
                        C'mon, you have to have Rygel. He was one of my personal favorites.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

. I think Pilot (so long as he has his old voice, not his PKW voice) .
                          I am not crazy then i thought his voice had changed but thought it could of just been me...

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            C'mon, you have to have Rygel. He was one of my personal favorites.
                            Oh, he's a favorite of mine too, but I just don't think you'd HAVE to have him back. But you would have to replace him with someone equally as interesting, and that is the challenging part.

Comment

Originally posted by Iratus View Post
                              I am not crazy then i thought his voice had changed but thought it could of just been me...
                              Yeah, it was still the same guy doing it,(Crais) but he changed the voice.

Comment

Oh, he's a favorite of mine too, but I just don't think you'd HAVE to have him back. But you would have to replace him with someone equally as interesting, and that is the challenging part.
                                Personally, I don't think they could replace old Rygel with anyone equally as interesting. But, that's just my opinion.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X